Producing an ABDL Short Film!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kik91

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Hi guys! I don't know if I'm allowed to post this, so Moo, if I'm unable, please delete this.

So you see guys, I'm a Film Major, I just graduated with my degree in Film Production Technology. Last year, a lot of my associates and friends, plus me, were thinking on making an ABDL Short Film. I was the one who wrote the script, the idea and all, and my associates liked it. We even did casting and script revisions, however, we were halted by budget. We need like 2,500 dollars to produce this 40 minute film. So I am just asking... were I to start a crowdfunding campaign, would you support it?

Hugs to everyone!

Last edited:
I immedietly think the big crowdfunding sites wouldn't want to 'touch this with a barge pole', anything fetish-ey isn't allowed if I remember correctly...actually another thought as well, because some idiots think we're pedophiles when we're not - i think the previously mentioned crowdfunding sites could use this 'fact' as a swaying device of an un-positive nature! On a difrent note it sounds like there's quite a group of you but are you all ABDL on varying levels? If you are I've never heard of anything like that so that's quite intreeging! Answers about that would be nice. In conclusion- concerning the film - I'd say don't give up yet! bringmesunshine

Thanks!!! Nope, I'm the only ABDL in the group. The others didn't even know about Infantilism until I mentioned to them, but they are open minded and they think the idea is brilliant! Right now we're preparing a business plan to compete for a grant.

I would actually really like to see some positive media, but I guess I would have to see a summary of the script or a trailer of sorts first to know a little more about it. You might have a hard time getting a total of 2500 out of the AB/DL community though, but I think you could possibly get some. I think for somebody like me, the most I would be willing to donate would be like $20, mostly because I am a student still. But like I said, I would like to see some positive exposure to AB/DL's

Tyger said:
I would actually really like to see some positive media, but I guess I would have to see a summary of the script or a trailer of sorts first to know a little more about it. You might have a hard time getting a total of 2500 out of the AB/DL community though, but I think you could possibly get some. I think for somebody like me, the most I would be willing to donate would be like $20, mostly because I am a student still. But like I said, I would like to see some positive exposure to AB/DL's

Hi guys, right now I'm working on a business plan to earn a grant to make the film. There seems to be a lot of good vibes for it, so I won't do crowdfunding. Now, the question is, would you like to see the film in here? If it is produced, maybe I could add like a post add saying "If you're an ABDL looking for support, go to ADISC.org" and something like that.

kik91 said:
Hi guys, right now I'm working on a business plan to earn a grant to make the film. There seems to be a lot of good vibes for it, so I won't do crowdfunding. Now, the question is, would you like to see the film in here? If it is produced, maybe I could add like a post add saying "If you're an ABDL looking for support, go to ADISC.org" and something like that.

I think that would be cool, but you might want to, as a courtesy, ask Moo if he wouldn't mind that type of publicity. If not, there is also a reddit support group, but personally this is my favorite one.

Tyger said:
I think that would be cool, but you might want to, as a courtesy, ask Moo if he wouldn't mind that type of publicity. If not, there is also a reddit support group, but personally this is my favorite one.

Sure, I'd ask Moo. I'm super hyped for this project. I had a lot of people, non-ABDLs, who wanted to work on it. It was stunning. It was our lack of funds that prevented it, but if this grant is won, I'm sure by the end of the year we'll have it. It's a 30-40 minute short film.

kik91 said:
Sure, I'd ask Moo. I'm super hyped for this project. I had a lot of people, non-ABDLs, who wanted to work on it. It was stunning. It was our lack of funds that prevented it, but if this grant is won, I'm sure by the end of the year we'll have it. It's a 30-40 minute short film.

What kind of story is it? A romantic drama with an ABDL and a vanilla partner?

It's about personal acceptance. It's about three friends, one if bipolar, one is ABDL, and the other one has issues at home. The main idea of the film is that we should all love and accept ourselves by who we are, because we're all human and ergo, different. It's also about social perspective.

Sounds pretty cool to me.

I wonder if you could get a sponsorship from one of the diaper manufacturers or resellers. Product placement, if you will.

I think it's a brave venture, and you're awesome for pursuing this. The way this is written, acted and shot, is going to have a massive impact on how your idea is perceived, though with 40mins you can really develop character and plot.

Is your film a drama or doco... I ask because sometimes I think the documentaries can read a bit like a pity-fest.

Also where would you screen this, given that the majority of ABDLs may be too embarrassed to view it publicly.

YES DO IT!! and if moo gives the all good post it here! :)

ozbub said:
I think it's a brave venture, and you're awesome for pursuing this. The way this is written, acted and shot, is going to have a massive impact on how your idea is perceived, though with 40mins you can really develop character and plot.

Is your film a drama or doco... I ask because sometimes I think the documentaries can read a bit like a pity-fest.

Also where would you screen this, given that the majority of ABDLs may be too embarrassed to view it publicly.

Hi guys! Thanks for the support! It's not a documentary, i'ts a drama story. How these three characters come to accept themselseves an all. The actor that will portray the ABDL is NOT ABDL, so I will have to direct him to get it portrayed right. I got a couple of actors who are okay with being shown in diapers and all. I mean, that's what they do, so I'm not worried about that!

- - - Updated - - -

kik91 said:
Hi guys! Thanks for the support! It's not a documentary, i'ts a drama story. How these three characters come to accept themselseves an all. The actor that will portray the ABDL is NOT ABDL, so I will have to direct him to get it portrayed right. I got a couple of actors who are okay with being shown in diapers and all. I mean, that's what they do, so I'm not worried about that!

Oh and I plan to post in on Vimeo, and film festivals! The story has potential to be screened in many different genre festivals!

Just like Lloyd Kaufman (sp) of Troma once said "film the damn movie" if that's all you have to work with cut some budget costs like using only one or two cameras, or use available locations or natural lighting to film amd edit the short film. Are you shooting on digital video? For dolly shots film from a wheelchair. There is always alternatived to film your vision on a shoestring budget.

Yeah, but I want the best thing in the world, so that's what I'm competing for a grant! And I need your help guys! One section of the business plan has to talk about the Market, so I have to give some information about ABDLs and their demographics! Anyone wanna lay a hand?

It's an interesting idea, and I hope it goes well. I've been taught to be somewhat skeptical of attempts to convey AB/DL-ness to the masses, though. One common thread highlighted by prior efforts seems to be that they attract the exhibitionist types, as well as "complicated" types who manifest not only AB/DL, but all sorts of other things. Now, those aren't "bad" in the abstract, but if the intent is to spotlight AB/DL, the effect is that AB/DL is painted as considerably more strange than it is. Most AB/DLs seem to be rather private about things, trying to balance a predisposition for baby things and behaviors with the world's demand for a "grown up" persona. An effective treatment of "what is AB/DL?" would, in my opinion, focus on that--because everybody has some trait or tendency that doesn't quite mesh with society, and appealing to that is how sympathy and understanding will be won.

Ya know?

If this is mostly about gauging interest, I have to admit I'm not all that interested in it personally. I think it's a rather interesting idea though and don't want to discourage you from personally seeking out your dreams. That being said, I would be cautious about public crowdfunding.

Don't feel like going too far into my opinion about acceptance and the need for such a thing, but suffice to say that I don't feel enough of a personal need for such a thing to come to fruition, most certainly not enough to spend money it though.

Well guys, If you'd like I can give you the script and you can give me your views on it?

If you're paying this actor well I'm not surprised he's diapering-up! If I was in hollywood with my secret intact and a director asked me to do something like that I'd have no problem...for obv's reason! It sounds like you've got a real head-for-buisness on your shoulders. Good luck. bringmesunshine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back