procuct test: Kendall Lille Maxi small

Status
Not open for further replies.

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
a couple of threads here got me thinking and seeing the 'small' in the local store got me even curiouser , so i got some.
now, this was weeks ago as once i'd got home and had a look at them, i was a bit put-off by how small they were (it's ages since i last wore a small or youth size diaper) and i stashed them and ignored them. at weekend, i decided to try them.

here's the small and the medium together:
(missing image)

most noticeable is that the small doesn't have the elastcated band at the waist front.

(missing image)

they're about the same thickness as each other.

(missing image)

so, i donned one and went shopping.
with the small being a snugger fit, the padding doesn't cup or V between the legs as much as the bigger one and in that area it felt like i was wearing a diaper. at the bum, it felt less so as the shorter length didn't allow for a bunching-up there. the front wasn't noticeable in any way for a diaperedness. normally, i like a diaper to come up to my belly-button as that's my waistline and the small was below that.
how it looks under clothes:
(missing image)

it's nowhere near as noticeable as the medium but, for discretion, i'd still stick with my usual Attends (euro/UK version) and that's mainly for absorbancy; the Lille small seemed to have less gel than the medium. in fact, it was more like the older pad-based diapers and could only take one full bladder voiding, whereas the medium will take quite a bit more, often two.
all things considered, i think the small would be suitable for upto age 12 and are still a better alternative to Drynites/Goodnites, even without the gelling ability, as the better fit would prevent leaks and the pad covers a greater area. and then, there's the price: £8.48 for 20, working out at just over 42pence each, compared to Drynites 8-15 which are almost 59pence each (RRP).

so, there you go.

E

Elli

That is a good review. The Medium ones were the first proper adult nappies I tried (excluding Boots StayDry). Because of this, I have fond memories of that brand.

kapi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I had a bag of mediums last year. I think they are a bit too high in front and back. Attends, Molicare and Tena are a better fit imho. And the medium doesnt have much gel either, especially when compared to Attends.

Peachy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I actually like the fact that they come up quite high. Granted, it's mostly plastic and not really absorbent material, but I prefer my diapers to cover my belly button, and the Kendall Lille do that just perfectly. I don't think the extra plastic does much in terms of preventing leaks, but it may be good for a better overall fit of the diaper on the body.

Peachy

quattrus

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
I tried the Kendall Lille Maxi Medium, and still have some left.

They have a pretty comfortable fit, a decent capacity, and a high waist which I like too, but I'm not enthusiast about them because alas they're shaped in a way that doesn't allow the elastic bands around the legs to be tightly sealed, causing early leakage expecially if I'm sitting... :(

Little ollie

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I love this brand as they may not be the most absorbant but they seems really comfy compared to the others i have tryed albena tena and molicare. Just ordered some yesterday should arrive tmoro. :D

barkd74

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
This seams to be the case with most small's. They are quite a bit smaller, less absorbent, and sometimes have less features... Thanks for the review!

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
i have gotten a pair of these as a sample the one time i was buying diapers in Edmonton. the sale guy was really nice and the two that i had felt great. fit good on my skinny bones and absorbed what i needed them to. if i could find these again in the city here im living in now i would get them more often

sorry had to add this
100th post, WOOT

Last edited:

LuvsGurl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
Sad that we still haven't been able to find a store in America that stocks these, online or otherwise. They look cute, I'd love to try them.

Role
  1. Private
I've managed to get a couple of these in the past (medium sized) and I thought they were pretty good diapers. I had quite the reaction when I first pulled them out of the pack, seeing as how they were pretty long and ultimately came up very high on me. I'm not a big guy... small diapers can fit me snuggly - I just enjoy the extra padding and making them noticeable is fun in an AB context.

Overall though, a pretty good diaper. The packaging makes them look cheap, but they certainly hold their own.

RedApple

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I think I'll have to try these, they seem pretty cheap too price wise.

I'm a little concerned that most people seem to get nappy rash from them though?

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I'm a little concerned that most people seem to get nappy rash from them though?
i had to review the replies to see who'd said that......didn't find anyone so, i'll upset some and tell the truth: nappy rash is caused by poor hygiene. wash well, rinse well, and regularly, with plenty of 'dry time' and you don't get nappy rash.
true, gelling diapers are better at helping prevent rash, but a reliance on that property only leads to a decline in good hygiene practise. similarly, though most may have not noticed, there's a modern reliance on perfumed sprays and liquids for the body and clothes to mask an infrequent or poor standard of cleansing. and a lot of people seem to have forgotten or never been taught that soap is dirt.
[sigh] the older i get, the more i despair.

and the more i rant and babble on.

as for leaky legs on the mediums, i had that problem when i first tried them, years ago, but i soon found that if you fixed the tapes at the groin area, following the contours of your body as though you're going between the legs and rather than trying to fix them at the front/belly, the diaper then takes on a natural cupping/v shape and fits around the legs better.

RedApple

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
i had to review the replies to see who'd said that......didn't find anyone so, i'll upset some and tell the truth: nappy rash is caused by poor hygiene. wash well, rinse well, and regularly, with plenty of 'dry time' and you don't get nappy rash.
true, gelling diapers are better at helping prevent rash, but a reliance on that property only leads to a decline in good hygiene practise. similarly, though most may have not noticed, there's a modern reliance on perfumed sprays and liquids for the body and clothes to mask an infrequent or poor standard of cleansing. and a lot of people seem to have forgotten or never been taught that soap is dirt.
[sigh] the older i get, the more i despair.

and the more i rant and babble on.

as for leaky legs on the mediums, i had that problem when i first tried them, years ago, but i soon found that if you fixed the tapes at the groin area, following the contours of your body as though you're going between the legs and rather than trying to fix them at the front/belly, the diaper then takes on a natural cupping/v shape and fits around the legs better.
I saw the complaints about nappy rash in other threads :p

I've never had nappy rash from any nappy before, so I'm just going to take the plunge and buy some Kendall's :)

quattrus

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer

Thanks! I'll defnitely give it a try. :thumbsup:

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
They are not that bad. They are quite loud though. Huge too.

Bokeh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
All you folks from the UK, Europe, and Canada are so lucky, I saw these online once and tried to order before realizing that all the sites were overseas.

It also sucks to know that our neighbors to the North can get them but they still aren't available here and that I used to live 15 mins from Canada before I knew about them.

Does anyone know if you can get these in Toronto? I have relatives around Mississauga and I would so make an excuse to visit just to pick some up.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
They're my second favourite diaper!! The only problem is that they're soooo big (folded in half, not thirds) and they don't fit in my hiding place.

They're so plasticy, it's awesome!

SuperTed

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My opinion

I've used the medium size before. I found them very tricky to fit. You have to tape the bottom tapes quite low for them to fit around the legs. When you do that though you get a loose ballon effect in the front. I didn't the super high cut either. Could just be a body shape issue though. They are quite thick but probably not as wide in the crotch as an Abena X Plus. Worth a try I'd say.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Seem to worth a try. If someone can refer to me a good seller where you can get them from Canada!

Status
Not open for further replies.