Probably already covered, But.....

Highlander

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Im sorry if a similar thread has already been covered. I guess, I wish sometimes I had a friend I could who is also a DL. Someone to speak to about the worries or stress about, possibly ordering a pack of nappies ( im from the UK ) or even just dealing with the old binge/purge cycle...Right now im away at work, and can easily get stuff posted here I.E nappies. But im so worried, and its always been the same...I messaged ABUniverse to double check the package would in a box etc, and still cant bring myself to place the order. Its definitely playing on my mind about making an order...Ive been very much into the DL life for some time. Ive only just turned 27...Have a family etc, and although a few years ago I told my wife about the whole nappie thing, I dont ever feel comfortable enough to order to the house etc...so its bit of a cycle im stuck in. If i order to work, ill be worrying for days untill they appear. I dont really know what Im trying to say here really, I definitely know everyone on this forum is like minded or dealing with IC which I fully respect without a doubt. I dont know why Id like a like minded friend so much that I could speak to without feeling bad or regretting my decision to order. As I said, im tottaly unsure why I have even written this post, I guess just to get it out or pff my chest, however I cant start a new thread everytime I want to get stuff of my chest 😂

* apologies for the long read to anyone that thinks im just blabbing on....

Reactions: LittleScotty and Subtlerustle

Belarin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Uk here too and always happy to chat or offer support where I can. A lot of us have been in similar situation and faced the guilt, discomfort and worries.

Sometimes it helps just to put the words out there whether spoken or written, it makes your thoughts feel more "real"

Reactions: Tinkerbell07, Highlander and Jorelaxed

Highlander

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hey belarin, thanks for your reply. Im almost positive theres similar threads lol...its definitely a tough one for sure....

NewAdultBaby4

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
Have it sent to work. If anyone asks, just let them know it's for an older aunt, uncle, mother, father, mother-in-law, Etc. Act like it is a non issue, because it is a non issue and it's none of their business. You are the mature relative and you are helping take care of your loving family member.

It's not an issue unless you make it one.

Reactions: Highlander

warmfeeling

I love wearing nappies
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Highlander said:
Im sorry if a similar thread has already been covered. I guess, I wish sometimes I had a friend I could who is also a DL. Someone to speak to about the worries or stress about, possibly ordering a pack of nappies ( im from the UK ) or even just dealing with the old binge/purge cycle...Right now im away at work, and can easily get stuff posted here I.E nappies. But im so worried, and its always been the same...I messaged ABUniverse to double check the package would in a box etc, and still cant bring myself to place the order. Its definitely playing on my mind about making an order...Ive been very much into the DL life for some time. Ive only just turned 27...Have a family etc, and although a few years ago I told my wife about the whole nappie thing, I dont ever feel comfortable enough to order to the house etc...so its bit of a cycle im stuck in. If i order to work, ill be worrying for days untill they appear. I dont really know what Im trying to say here really, I definitely know everyone on this forum is like minded or dealing with IC which I fully respect without a doubt. I dont know why Id like a like minded friend so much that I could speak to without feeling bad or regretting my decision to order. As I said, im tottaly unsure why I have even written this post, I guess just to get it out or pff my chest, however I cant start a new thread everytime I want to get stuff of my chest 😂

* apologies for the long read to anyone that thinks im just blabbing on....
I’m here too Highlander, it’s hard to get it right, sometimes you need a shoulder. message me if it’s easier 👍🏻😁

OldTerry

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
If you live close to Bolton or Salford can you get to nappiesrus or Abu uk pick up in person.
Also can get drops to pick up points
Highly recommend nappiesrus in Bolton

Highlander

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
OldTerry said:
If you live close to Bolton or Salford can you get to nappiesrus or Abu uk pick up in person.
Also can get drops to pick up points
Highly recommend nappiesrus in Bolton
I have definitely used NRU before. How ever where I live/ work, pick up in person isnt an option lol. Close to making an order, But just unsure if its worth the stress/anxiety until they arrive 😂

Reactions: warmfeeling and OldTerry

Belarin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Highlander said:
I have definitely used NRU before. How ever where I live/ work, pick up in person isnt an option lol. Close to making an order, But just unsure if its worth the stress/anxiety until they arrive 😂
They can probably also do delivery to a local shop, I know I have 2 shops down the road from me that I can order stuff to, as long as packaging is garanteed discreet and no description on the label you just need the barcode to collect.

Reactions: Subtlerustle

Subtlerustle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Is it time to break the ice with your wife and just order them to your home or at least use your home address as a backup to your actual pickup location? You’re only twenty seven. You gotta start somewhere. 🤔

Highlander

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Subtlerustle said:
Is it time to break the ice with your wife and just order them to your home or at least use your home address as a backup to your actual pickup location? You’re only twenty seven. You gotta start somewhere. 🤔
This is true. For sure its crossed my mind. I think i will cross that path again, although I have a fair hunch the she knows im still into it. For sure, we have spoken about it before. But, I need to wait until the time is right i think...

Subtlerustle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Highlander said:
This is true. For sure its crossed my mind. I think i will cross that path again, although I have a fair hunch the she knows im still into it. For sure, we have spoken about it before. But, I need to wait until the time is right i think...
Fair enough. Only you know your circumstances. I was struck by your age and I recall the same period for me. I was at the stage where I should have told the woman who would become my wife but I didn’t for lack of confidence. I chose to wait until we had a 6 month old child. Big mistake. There was so much more confusion and there is an undeniable change in a persons psyche once they become a parent. Disregard if this doesn’t apply to your situation.

Highlander

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Subtlerustle said:
Fair enough. Only you know your circumstances. I was struck by your age and I recall the same period for me. I was at the stage where I should have told the woman who would become my wife but I didn’t for lack of confidence. I chose to wait until we had a 6 month old child. Big mistake. There was so much more confusion and there is an undeniable change in a persons psyche once they become a parent. Disregard if this doesn’t apply to your situation.
We've actually been together since we were 16. Always faced life head on...I think it was round about when I was 19 I told her. But obviously it was a shock. Not much has ever really been said about it since. However, she did think I stopped using them. Its a weird one, coz im almost sure she knows Its not something that would just disappear. We've got an amazing connection obviously, family etc. I know she'd understand..Im not even bothered about getting us both involved in it if that makes sense, as everyone is free to I would just like to know im able to order to the house and that would be all good for me. As i work away from home I have plenty time to myself to indulge in it if that makes sense ? Im fairly sure she knows, as we have joked about it plenty times etc. I even feel better getting this of my chest here lol...such a good place to speak to like minded people...

Reactions: Subtlerustle, warmfeeling and LittleScotty

LittleScotty

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Belarin said:
They can probably also do delivery to a local shop, I know I have 2 shops down the road from me that I can order stuff to, as long as packaging is garanteed discreet and no description on the label you just need the barcode to collect.
As Belarin has said you can order online from NRU and ABU (certainly through their eBay stores) and choose click and collect. Hopefully you have a drop off point near you, normally a local corner shop or similar. I've always ordered nappies this way. They're always discreetly packaged.
When collecting screenshot the bar code in the email and show that to the store, they'll scan it and hand over the parcel.

LittleScotty

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
@Highlander I'm always happy to chat.

I'm in my 30's and have been with my wife for 16 years. I kept the fact I was an ABDL from her for most of our relationship. I was never intending to tell her however she found out about two years ago... Her initial reaction wasn't great, I thought my world was going collapse but after lots of conversations she came to somewhat accept it. She wants no part in it, doesn't want me to wear around her nor wants to see them around the house. It's pretty much out of sight of mind as far as she's concerned. She said although she doesn't understand it if it makes me happy then she's OK with it. I don't think she knows just how often I wear and how much I spend etc but if she ever wants to talk about it again I'd be open to it.

Reactions: Subtlerustle, warmfeeling and Highlander

Subtlerustle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Highlander said:
We've actually been together since we were 16. Always faced life head on...I think it was round about when I was 19 I told her. But obviously it was a shock. Not much has ever really been said about it since. However, she did think I stopped using them. Its a weird one, coz im almost sure she knows Its not something that would just disappear. We've got an amazing connection obviously, family etc. I know she'd understand..Im not even bothered about getting us both involved in it if that makes sense, as everyone is free to I would just like to know im able to order to the house and that would be all good for me. As i work away from home I have plenty time to myself to indulge in it if that makes sense ? Im fairly sure she knows, as we have joked about it plenty times etc. I even feel better getting this of my chest here lol...such a good place to speak to like minded people...
Wow. Some interesting similarities. We first met at 16 as well. Dated for a bit and reconnected around your age. I also work no where near home with opportunities to wear on my own. Regardless, her approval means everything to me.

Belarin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
OldTerry said:
I have been wracking my brains trying to figure out what company was in saltford that has a storefront as I'm not far from there... reading through your post again I realise you wrote Salford 🤦‍♂️ in my defense it was late lol.

Highlander

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Subtlerustle said:
Wow. Some interesting similarities. We first met at 16 as well. Dated for a bit and reconnected around your age. I also work no where near home with opportunities to wear on my own. Regardless, her approval means everything to me.
It definitely does.