Pro wrestling

I wasn't really into pro wrestling I didn't see the appeal on it, buuuut I have to admit that one youtuber that I follow is really into it and did a couple of videos about it, an got me really really curious so I started to research a bit and watch some isolated matches, I cannot say that I'm an expert, neither a big fan, but I really really enjoy Kagetsu's matches, from Stardom

Reactions: ThePaddedTurtle
I have a bunch of friends who love wrestling and quote stuff from time to time. I know of the most popular ones like John Cena, Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage but I remember looking at Japanese wrestling for a bit as well since how both western and eastern cultures do wrestling is very interesting to me overall.

My favorite wrestler is Jeff Hardy. I admire his way to get back up after screwing up in life. I don't care if other wrestlers win a lot of championships, or if they're on the Main Event picture. Jeff will always be my favorite.

Reactions: ThePaddedTurtle and Deleted member 41919
LanceyLance said:
I wasn't really into pro wrestling I didn't see the appeal on it, buuuut I have to admit that one youtuber that I follow is really into it and did a couple of videos about it, an got me really really curious so I started to research a bit and watch some isolated matches, I cannot say that I'm an expert, neither a big fan, but I really really enjoy Kagetsu's matches, from Stardom
kagetsu is really good.

BabyKing86 said:
My favorite wrestler is Jeff Hardy. I admire his way to get back up after screwing up in life. I don't care if other wrestlers win a lot of championships, or if they're on the Main Event picture. Jeff will always be my favorite.
jeff is great. I still like his brother more though.

ThePaddedTurtle said:
jeff is great. I still like his brother more though.
They're both my favorites, but I prefer Jeff over Matt. There'll never be a team like the Hardy Boyz

Reactions: Deleted member 41919
BabyKing86 said:
They're both my favorites, but I prefer Jeff over Matt. There'll never be a team like the Hardy Boyz
the young bucks and private party are getting really close to being like the hardy boyz

I enjoy watching NXT I don’t watch it as regularly as I used to I don’t really watch Raw or Smackdown it’s just not enjoyable to me I watch AEW I think it is the best overall show right now

Reactions: ThePaddedTurtle and Whatsthatsmell
MailCat581 said:
Anyone into WWE watching NXT more? I find myself watching NXT more than RAW or SmackDown. As of late; I'm not shocked over Adam Cole's turning on Rodderick Strong and Kyle O'Reilly. Happy for Rhea Ripley being called up to RAW; she could be a major contender for the RAW Women's Title (Currently held by Asuka). I've been trying to avoid RAW because this storyline with Alexa Bliss, The Fiend, and Randy Orton keeps getting weirder by the week. It's starting to creep me out.
i used to watch nxt until i found about some of the bad people that are in there along wit other stars on raw and smackdown rosters. I mainly watch AEW and Impact more now. Revolution was really good on Sunday. If i were to talk about why those wrestlers are bad i would have to have posted this in like mature topics lol.

Reactions: XBOXSeriesXLGoodnites
I was never into pro wrestling. The closest I came to it was meeting pro wrestler "Ravishing" Rick Rude (Richard Rood) when he lived next door to my brother in Oldsmar, FL back in the late 1980s or early 1990s.

Reactions: Deleted member 41919 and ThePaddedTurtle
MailCat581 said:
There are multiple reasons why I'm starting to back away from WWE and WWENXT. First; It's getting to predictable when you know what stars are against whom and they don't give deserving undercarders more spotlight. Secondly; This new superstar in NXT named Frankie that's coming. I think this is a repackage/rebrand of Velveteen Dream and if it is; I'm out! Velveteen Dream has issues outside of the company that I can't talk about here but will just say that they're inappropriate ones. Lastly; I think the move to Peacock is going to backfire for WWE as I already have issues with NBC/Universal (parent company of Peacock); and the fact that you pay not one but TWO fees to be able to access WWE content on Peacock. I'm starting to like AEW better anyway. The talent there has the freedom to create their own story lines. They don't have a bunch of has-been stars sitting in a room writing BS story lines that can either out you to sleep because of the predictability; or just make you lose interest. I hate to admit it; but the last time that I went to a WWE event prior to the COVID19 pandemic; I didn't enjoy it because of the predictability that WWE has gotten to the point of having. Case in point; when WWE said Edge was coming back in a big way; I almost knew they was either going to have him either A: Win Royal Rumble (Done) or B: Win Universal Title at Wrestlemania (likely). They have tried to play it off by saying that Edge wanted to come back only to retire permanently "On His Terms". Make no sense when you can predict what those terms are. Catch my drift?
Totally. I watch Impact, MLW. and AEW more than i do WWE shows.

I am a wrestling geek. I'll watch the shows the where tapped in a gas station parking lot and they botch every spot to wrestlemania. I don't really watch anything but wrestling. NWA ROH NJPW MLW WWE AEW IMPACT CWFH.....I'll be hangout here all the time. Mailcat it's cool u saw USWA thats good old times. I started watching wrestling in like 88 89 I think I watched USWA on ESPN after school? If anyone remembers I think I remember scandor ackbar bringing in cactus jack to take out the patriot? Was that USWA or World class( well I think world class became USWA)?

Last edited:
MailCat581 said:
There are multiple reasons why I'm starting to back away from WWE and WWENXT. First; It's getting to predictable when you know what stars are against whom and they don't give deserving undercarders more spotlight. Secondly; This new superstar in NXT named Frankie that's coming. I think this is a repackage/rebrand of Velveteen Dream and if it is; I'm out! Velveteen Dream has issues outside of the company that I can't talk about here but will just say that they're inappropriate ones. Lastly; I think the move to Peacock is going to backfire for WWE as I already have issues with NBC/Universal (parent company of Peacock); and the fact that you pay not one but TWO fees to be able to access WWE content on Peacock. I'm starting to like AEW better anyway. The talent there has the freedom to create their own story lines. They don't have a bunch of has-been stars sitting in a room writing BS story lines that can either out you to sleep because of the predictability; or just make you lose interest. I hate to admit it; but the last time that I went to a WWE event prior to the COVID19 pandemic; I didn't enjoy it because of the predictability that WWE has gotten to the point of having. Case in point; when WWE said Edge was coming back in a big way; I almost knew they was either going to have him either A: Win Royal Rumble (Done) or B: Win Universal Title at Wrestlemania (likely). They have tried to play it off by saying that Edge wanted to come back only to retire permanently "On His Terms". Make no sense when you can predict what those terms are. Catch my drift?
I think and have heard that Frankie is tieya Valcery (sorry I can't spell). But yeah Dreams a POS.

Anyone else kinda surprised that offspray is the iwgp champion. Not that I don't think he'll do well just didn't see that coming

Bigt84015 said:
Anyone else kinda surprised that offspray is the iwgp champion. Not that I don't think he'll do well just didn't see that coming
not really. i was kind of thinking they would've kept the belt on ibushi for a while so that he could face kenny again. but i guess that's not the plan.

Back