Pro wrestling

ThePaddedTurtle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Hello everyone, Just wondering if people on here enjoy pro wrestling as well. I have been watching pro wrestling since 97 watching WCW. I switched over to WWF around 99 ~2000 and went on a short break from watching in 2004 ~ 2006 and finally started watching what WWE was, then switched over to NJPW, I then have been watching indy shows, DDT, AEW, TJPW, NWA, and Impact. and of course, I have to also ask, who is your favorite wrestler? Mine Is HHH, Kenny Omega, Hiromu Takahash, and Rickey Starks. and the new day (Xavier Woods, Kofi Kingston, Big E)

I still have WWF No Mercy on my N64, well within the SD card in my Everdrive cartridge, where you play games off an SD card. No Mercy really was the best wrestling game ever and people are still making mods for the game on an emulator to this day. No other wrestling game can surpass that, not even the WWF Wrestlemania arcade game from Midway.

Now with pro wrestling I don't really pay attention to that sport today because really WWE appears to be staged and scripted and a lot of old pro wrestlers are no longer relevant because they either retired or moved on or even died like Eddie Guerrero and Chyna. And now Pat Patterson has died over the last few days. Patterson was, I think, the first gay professional wrestler for the WWE (wasn't called that when Pat was an active wrestler).

Reactions: DaddysWittlePrincess48 and ThePaddedTurtle
Well not for some time, but I used like The Undertaker (and his manager the late Paul Bearer...still cracks me up to say his name). I also liked Kane and the Big Show. I haven't really watched in years though. I used to live a few miles from the WWE (then WWF) Headquarters in Stamford, CT in the mid 90's. From time to time I would see some of the WWE 'cast' in my gym or a local bar including Vince McMahon himself.

Reactions: ThePaddedTurtle
DLForever99999 said:
Well not for some time, but I used like The Undertaker (and his manager the late Paul Bearer...still cracks me up to say his name). I also liked Kane and the Big Show. I haven't really watched in years though. I used to live a few miles from the WWE (then WWF) Headquarters in Stamford, CT in the mid 90's. From time to time I would see some of the WWE 'cast' in my gym or a local bar including Vince McMahon himself.
That's awesome. I enjoy the undertaker and kane as well. Stil never got to see taker live. but i got to see kane wrestle live once.

Reactions: DLForever99999 and DaddysWittlePrincess48
ThePaddedTurtle said:
That's awesome. I enjoy the undertaker and kane as well. Stil never got to see taker live. but i got to see kane wrestle live once.
I enjoy both of them as well. I'm a big fan of the undertaker.

Reactions: DLForever99999
I'm really glad vince let him Finally retire last month. But I personally think he should've retired after his wrestlemania streak ended after losing to Brock lesner.

I used to watch pro wrestling when I was a kid, and I grew up during the Attitude era of the WWF, so there was a lot of really fantastic spectacles and personalities to enjoy. I mostly grew out of it by the time I was almost out of middle school, though.

PurplePup89 said:
I used to watch pro wrestling when I was a kid, and I grew up during the Attitude era of the WWF, so there was a lot of really fantastic spectacles and personalities to enjoy. I mostly grew out of it by the time I was almost out of middle school, though.
That's exacly what happened to me, but then I re watched around 2008 (for me) i ended up taking a 4 year break right when John cena debuted.

I watched it in the 80's and early 90's WWF.

Been a fan since about 88. Dont watch as much wwe anymore but still love njpw and aew

Though I believe that the participants are fine athletes if I want to watch something orchestrated and staged I just watch any of the nightly network news programs. Four years of high school wrestling, ‘69 through ‘73, turned me off to professional wrestling. Now college, or matches in the Olympics, I’m a fan. Although professional wrestling is far more believable, and much better choreographed, than it was when I used to see as a kid in the 60’s, I’m sorry, it’s not nearly as real as a good high school match IMHO. Stay padded, you never know when you may need it.

Whatsthatsmell said:
Been a fan since about 88. Dont watch as much wwe anymore but still love njpw and aew
They just had the best of super juniors and world tag league and G.O.D won.
Zeke said:
Though I believe that the participants are fine athletes if I want to watch something orchestrated and staged I just watch any of the nightly network news programs. Four years of high school wrestling, ‘69 through ‘73, turned me off to professional wrestling. Now college, or matches in the Olympics, I’m a fan. Although professional wrestling is far more believable, and much better choreographed, than it was when I used to see as a kid in the 60’s, I’m sorry, it’s not nearly as real as a good high school match IMHO. Stay padded, you never know when you may need it.
as for staying padded a wrestling. yeah they need it. I've heard a few people talk about messing themselves accidentally during their matches. and i feel bad about the opponents having to deal with that.

Zeus died today, I remember seeing No Holds Barred in the theatre as a kid with friends I had in the 6th grade, that last year of school before Jr High when I lost most of my friends. The 7th and 8th grade was a very lonely and confusing time for me, puberty hit and everyone was different.

• Sad
zeus was a great actor and wrestler. Though i never saw any of his matches personally. i think my dad did though.

Love seeing the appreciation for The Undertaker. Legendary wrestler right there. I used to watch it weekly in my teens but kinda fell out of it. Still will see it pop up on Google sometimes though or YouTube and then take a look at what’s happening.

DaddysWittlePrincess48 said:
Love seeing the appreciation for The Undertaker. Legendary wrestler right there. I used to watch it weekly in my teens but kinda fell out of it. Still will see it pop up on Google sometimes though or YouTube and then take a look at what’s happening.
yeah. WWE kind of lost a lot of its steam and a lot of the smaller companies are getting a lot more of the foot traffic, espically impact, AEW, and NWA

ThePaddedTurtle said:
They just had the best of super juniors and world tag league and G.O.D won.

as for staying padded a wrestling. yeah they need it. I've heard a few people talk about messing themselves accidentally during their matches. and i feel bad about the opponents having to deal with that.
Andre was notorious for this. Many story's of Andre filling his tights while sitting on an opponent.

Watched it back when it was the WWF, until the NWO took over, than lost all intrest in pro "wrestling ".

I have been a wrestling fan since I was little around age 6-7 but I will say this it’s not as fun for me as it used to be of course I have since grown up and in doing so I have learned the way wrestling works and like I said kinda takes the fun out of it a little and all of the YouTube channels out there and websites spoiling everything which I try to avoid as much as possible to preserve the mystique enough about that I am still very much a wrestling fan I currently enjoy AEW most I think they have the best overall product WWE on the other hand has been suffering from a stale product for about the last 4 years they need to make some changes from a creative standpoint to freshen things up and I think Vince needs to retire but enough of my opinions that’s not my company

My top 5 all time favorites wrestlers are
5. DDP
4. Rowdy Roddy Piper
3. Chris Jericho
2. Mick Foley
1. Sting

Love2PeeinGoodnites said:
I have been a wrestling fan since I was little around age 6-7 but I will say this it’s not as fun for me as it used to be of course I have since grown up and in doing so I have learned the way wrestling works and like I said kinda takes the fun out of it a little and all of the YouTube channels out there and websites spoiling everything which I try to avoid as much as possible to preserve the mystique enough about that I am still very much a wrestling fan I currently enjoy AEW most I think they have the best overall product WWE on the other hand has been suffering from a stale product for about the last 4 years they need to make some changes from a creative standpoint to freshen things up and I think Vince needs to retire but enough of my opinions that’s not my company

My top 5 all time favorites wrestlers are
5. DDP
4. Rowdy Roddy Piper
3. Chris Jericho
2. Mick Foley
1. Sting
Mine where
The Claw.
Rowdy pepper.
The warrior.
Hacksaw dugan.
Jake the snake.