Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
Hi everyone, I'm a new member and I want to clarify off the bat that I think restricting private messages to some extent for new users is a good idea, and I'm sure the circumstances which led to that decision were justified.

However, I have received some PMs from the short time being here that I am unable to reply to, and won't be able to for at least a few more days. Not that they are completely urgent or anything, but I do think it makes it somewhat awkward.

My suggestion would be to keep the restriction, but if another established member sends a new user a PM, they should be able to reply at least to that message. I don't expect this change to happen but I am curious about what other more senior users of the site may think!

egor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I would agree with this.

But I am not sure how much trouble the programing would be to create a "courtesy response" mode.

Snivy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Carer
  3. Private
My only problem with this is that when a new member joins it's like chance. Sometimes we have received spammers, troll's, liars, etc...I think the system is perfect that way no old-member is being harassed non-stop or being insulted by a new member. When we all were new we had a point where we knew of nothing of this site till a few months in advance. I like the Contributor -> Established Contributor to send PM's meaning "You have a week to prove to us you are ready and mature" which sometimes we are not XP

Any member can be nice and PM a new member but you never know what kind of response you are getting towards that member even if there IS a report button for the PM if the message happen's to be insulting.

Think of leveling up like a video game. If you level up, you get terrific items along with your quest and you keep going and going. It's not a punishment that you can't sent PM's it's kinda like a maturity test or something. I had to play the ADISC game and made it to EC on my first time.

At first, I thought I was going to be a contributor forever because I made a thread that caused drama, one of my threads got closed, and I think I bothered a staff member by accident just because I was lost. But I guess I got lucky or I never really broke any rules then Nihlus explained everything. Again, not a punishment, just time consuming to tell if you are ready for a fun community site. It'll be worth the week!

tinycrinkles

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
Think of leveling up like a video game. If you level up, you get terrific items along with your quest and you keep going and going. It's not a punishment that you can't sent PM's it's kinda like a maturity test or something. I had to play the ADISC game and made it to EC on my first time.

Oh yeah I totally get that. I can imagine there are some less-than-ideal new members that sign up just to cause trouble, unfortunately. I'm looking forward to leveling up and using the advanced features of the site.

I just hope those that have PMed me don't consider me a jerk for not replying :p

GoldDragonAurkarm

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Oh yeah I totally get that. I can imagine there are some less-than-ideal new members that sign up just to cause trouble, unfortunately. I'm looking forward to leveling up and using the advanced features of the site.

I just hope those that have PMed me don't consider me a jerk for not replying :p
They won't. Pretty much all the ECs know about the PM limitations placed upon new members. Get to 'em when you're able, and you'll be just fine.

rustypins

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Having been on other diaper websites, I can see the reasons for this. First, there are the trolls who come in, never posts and do nothing but lurk and send unwanted sexual advances to all the women. They ask and pester the women to change their diapers, be their mommy, have sex and discribe all their fantasies in detail! Nothing turns off a woman more than that kind of stuff!

Me, I have been a member here for just over a week now and I have 26 posts. The minimum is 20 and one week membership to do privet messages. Yes, I had a message right away after posting my discription in an introduction forum and it said, "PM me when you turn green and are able to." That tells me members are quite aware of the rules and they can wait for you to advance in status. The rule also forces people here not to just lurk if they want to contact others, but to participate themselves in the discussion boards. Who knows but that will maybe turn some of the trolls looking only to prey on women into legitamate members by getting them interested in other people, what they have to say and making some friends by widening their AB/DL interests.

I say waiting a week isn't too much to ask before you can send PM's and that time will allow you to get familiar with the site and some people here by posting your own thoughts. There should be pleanty here for everyone to comment INTELLEGENTLY about. And what I mean by that is, post some of your own thoughts, not just, "I agree" or "Yeah" in order to reach your mandatory 20 posts. Get the most out of your experience here.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private
Hi everyone, I'm a new member and I want to clarify off the bat that I think restricting private messages to some extent for new users is a good idea, and I'm sure the circumstances which led to that decision were justified.

However, I have received some PMs from the short time being here that I am unable to reply to, and won't be able to for at least a few more days. Not that they are completely urgent or anything, but I do think it makes it somewhat awkward.

My suggestion would be to keep the restriction, but if another established member sends a new user a PM, they should be able to reply at least to that message. I don't expect this change to happen but I am curious about what other more senior users of the site may think!

If we did this, it would reduce the incentives for new people to start participating, which is not what we want.

It is fairly easy to get 20 posts. ECs+ realize the restriction is there and won't be offended if it takes you some time to reply. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.