Privacy via Virtual Computers

Not sure but the one thing is that is better is using a tablet that will allow locking your tablet up with out any problems

Last edited:
I've found the much easier solution for people who are not technical or in the field is to but a Chromebook. Inexpensive, and will provide the experience you want for your little side.

There are many options, and I currently have an ASUS Flip C434 (~$500) on the way to evaluate. There are much more inexpensive models available. I would love a Pixelbook but can't beat to pay the price tag. If anyone is interested or would like some technical advise please send me a message.

There are also great selections of refurbished laptops that would be great for this use if price is a factor ($200-300). If you would like some help, please reach out here or in Twitter. It would be my pleasure to help you out!

I'm @aberrantlyme on Twitter.

Last edited:
Reactions: Preciouslitlboy
aberrantlyme said:
I've found the much easier solution for people who are not technical or in the field is to but a Chromebook. Inexpensive, and will provide the experience you want for your little side.

There are many options, and I currently have an ASUS Flip C434 (~$500) on the way to evaluate. There are much more inexpensive models available. I would love a Pixelbook but can't beat to pay the price tag. If anyone is interested or would like some technical advise please send me a message.

There are also great selections of refurbished laptops that would be great for this use if price is a factor ($200-300). If you would like some help, please reach out here or in Twitter. It would be my pleasure to help you out!

I'm @aberrantlyme on Twitter.
why would you buy a chromebook?

Cost, ease of use, simple. Leveraging a separate Gmail account you could contain all of your browsing and activity to a separate machine. No "leaks" 😁

I wrote a post on Aberrantly Me that talks about staying safe online. Check it out, as it covers different facets of keeping your identity and your computer safe online. I delve into alternative from leveraging a virtual machine. - Protecting Yourself and your Littles Online

I ended up getting a Google Pixelbook. With a dedicated device I have a sandbox where I can play and not worth about anything leaking over. Also, if you have an Android phone there is the ability to run multiple users, so you can have a storage profile for your little side.

The android users feature is not available on Samsung phones but there is a secure folder section where you can have your abdl side hidden

Since VPNs are expensive and I can't afford them, I use a browser extension called DuckDuckGo which prevents websites like Google and Facebook from tracking you.

Why anyone would think a chromebook provides ANY privacy at all let alone better privacy is beyond me, it's literally a 100% Google machine and their entire business model is mining every last fragment of your personal data.

DuckDuckGo browser / search engine / browser addon is a good tip, they're growing steadily and deserve some love.

I use the following plugins (in Firefox);
PrivacyBadger / PrivacyPossum
AdBlockPlus
NoScript (you'll be amazed how many websites run 10-20+ scripts from 3rd party domains and won't work without them!)
and I just discovered "WhatCampaign" which replaces the data sent in tracking cookies / URL's with "F***kOff" :ROFLMAO:

Also I'm a long-time Linux user since Microsoft are more interested in renting you an OS that's riddled with tracking junk than actually doing anything useful.

What if you're in the library or something like that? What should you do?

DisneyDaddy99 said:
What if you're in the library or something like that? What should you do?
I wouldn't do anything sensitive on a shared/public computer, you have no trust/control over it or the network it's connected to.

Some places may have key/screen logging software installed for security or other purposes and it's certainly easy enough for any moderately competent wannabe hacker to compromise those sorts of machines for less savory purposes.

RubberJin said:
Your phone is not only insecure but very much more easily lost/stolen and mined for personal data.

TAILS (link posted by Musashi) on a USB stick is highly regarded by security experts as a portable "computer-on-a-stick", or just any live USB stick Linux install - Ubuntu, Mint, Debian all have them available.

A VM doesn't offer much if any security over private browsing mode in a browser as the host can still see all the network traffic etc. and is in control. If you can't trust the host machine you can't trust a VM inside it.
It does not matter what computer phone or tablet you use if you are on a private network your traffic and browsing can be watched and tracked, no computer or network is secure. I always warn people who use my network don’t go somewhere you would not want me to know about. But I’m also structured with a proxy server for antivirus proxy surfing plus massive ad blocking. Another thing to consider for privacy or less possibility of being found out is to use a private vpn proxy service. This is what I majored in in college and what I do professionally BS Computer Info Systems — Network Security/Digital Forensics

Reactions: furry121 and Kayleigh
ScriptedGamer said:
Is having an OS on a USB, and using that OS, a way to increase privacy?
If you spend time on the dark web doing dark web things. Yes cause if you get too paranoid put the USB in a washing machine then bin. Any evidence is gone. Like binge and purge

I question the intent of thinking a VM will give you privacy. A VM is good if you plan on surfing dodgy sites or receive dodgy emails and are worried of downloading a trojan virus or other malicious code. Because if the OS is compromised delete the OS and start again.

If you want the illusion of a private and secure internet experience then yes you get a VPN but this is limited. Your not 100% invisible. Unless you bought your client VPN with bitcoins and the blockchain has been laundered with 100 transactions to make it inconvenient to track due to how much time will be wasted. VPN can go so far your CC is registered to the VPN account so the hosting company can tell the authorities or if the hosting company financials get hacked (cough PlayStation cough) they can see that account belongs to your CC and that account VPN end point IP address has been to these sites.

If you want minimise the odds of someone finding out who you are and what your baby fingers have been doing. You have to minimise Your cyber Footprint. Become a non-person. No social media not even LinkedIn. If you want to use social media use a suetanim. have multiple email accounts
1 email for professional 1 for shopping 1 for aBdl 1 for Gmail and only use your real name in 2 of those accounts. Use firefox with duck duck go or another browser that doesn't track. Never post pics of your face not even blurred out face nothing above the shoulders in shot.

Yes use a VPN but with an understanding Its like secures your front door but a brick through a window will still cause a break in.
It's only part of the security puzzle. Don't go wild with a VPN thinking you can run naked in the street.

Stay small don't be noticeable don't make your self a target to have something some one wants. And own up to yourself your internet history since day 1 because websites like the way back machine archives everything including dpf yoir geocities and their forums and posts etc etc.

Preciouslitlboy said:
virtual machines are used in business environments... normal users normally dont use virtual machines
WHAT?! - Well O.K. - I guess I'm more a power user, but I use them all the time (I use VirtualBox) - mostly for running older OSes (Such as DOS [Full version[) - Testing New Linux Distros, and ReactOS (Windows Clone that seems to not be able to just install, but runs fine under VirtualBox).
Even have a copy of the same OS as the host OS on it - mainly because I like playing around with a lot - that way, I don't mess up my main install, change any file I want - mess up a virtual HD maybe, but not the main install - and once it works on the virtual hard drive, I then do it to the main host install.
Prefer Virtual drive type .vhd - seems to seamlessly work with more OSes (onld and modern) with no issue.
And actually it is sort of portable - as long as VirtualBox is installed on the next system - just copy the .vhd file.
I use Linux host exclusively, but worked fine copying to a Windows Machine with VirtualBox installed as well.
As for privacy though - I don't know - maybe running TAILS but a VM in it self - not really - the host can still capture everything.

Reactions: Deleted member 47221
I always used Incognito on my iPhone or PC.

When I DONT use incognito I always get incontinence and diaper ads where ever I go. Facebook, Weather, news.... Amazon will show me diapers under suggestions.

When I use incognito I never get ads or any indication that my cookies are being saved once I close the browser.

If you need to use Tails then you're up to more than just adult diaper talk. Stay the hell away from TOR.

Like others have said I like VMWare for nostalgia... load up WIN95 or XP :D

neophyte said:

When I DONT use incognito I always get incontinence and diaper ads where ever I go. Facebook, Weather, news.... Amazon will show me diapers under suggestions.

When I use incognito I never get ads or any indication that my cookies are being saved once I close the browser.

If you need to use Tails then you're up to more than just adult diaper talk. Stay the hell away from TOR.

Ads alone are a minor inconvenience - I'm looking some true privacy, meaning NO ONE (including the ISP you are connected to) can decipher any communications - not won't without a court order - actually can not no matter what order they get - because from a technical point of view, it can not be done, that simple. That and NO site is capable of obtaining a REAL IP address from visitors. - At least not without specific permission from the user to do so.
TOR at least hides your true IP well, but that network still has it, so that is a minus.
But I'll take the ads, if I also have true privacy like that. (Cookies can always be deleted - and there is always ad-blockers).

neophyte said:

You can also use Oracle’s VirtualBox and a free OS like Linux (most AMD or Intel x86 Linux versions should work with it as long as VirtualBox is compatible with your host OS and the CPU in your machine is compatible (e.g. Intel or AMD)) as your guest OS. Support for MacOS 11 Big Sur as a host OS is not here yet, but it should be soon.

Last edited:
AJFan2020 said:
You can also use Oracle’s VirtualBox and a free OS like Linux (most AMD or Intel x86 Linux versions should work with it as long as VirtualBox is compatible with your host OS and the CPU in your machine is compatible (e.g. Intel or AMD)) as your guest OS. Support for MacOS 11 Big Sur as a host OS is not here yet, but it should be soon.
True - but again, yes will work - BUT does NOT give TRUE privacy.
It will keep some junk off a main hard drive, and confine it to a virtual one, but does NOTHING to actually prevent anyone from being able to "see" anything.

Back