Prestretching of baby diapers so that they can handle a larger hip size.

PaciL0ver

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I have tried Pampers Baby Dry size 8, which could handle a hip size of 96.5 cm with prestretching (the German version, I read that once). I can wear this, but I don't feel that I had stretched it to its maximum size. I have already broken the side cuffs myself by pulling too hard when stretching.

I wondered if there are any tips for prestretching. Is it also possible to do that with pull-ups, and how?

I saw this video, it contains the 2007 version of Pampers Cruisers size 7. The side cuffs can be stretched a lot, I think to more than 100 cm. Is there an evolution noticeable over the years, to what extent stretching is possible? Can the current Cruisers size 7 be stretched further than the current Pampers Baby Dry size 8?

No matter how much you are able to stretch a baby diaper they will still not be enough for actual use. Baby diapers are simply too small, both in their rise, and width of padding, and yeah their overall waist size too. You are better off just actually getting a diaper that is made to fit properly.

Maybe the use of the Baby Diapers is more economical than full size ?
Another solution trim the sides off of the baby diaper creating a loin cloth liner - - -
Then place that in the bottom of a pull-up or tight elastic waist panty - - -
When used replace with another - - -
With care and light wetting possible to get by with replacing just the liner (baby diaper)
Caution for heavy wetting to maybe have moisture proof plastic diaper covers and more
than the liner being replaced

Think - Improvise - Experiment

I posted a picture to the old forum that showed a Cruisers 7 diaper, 2012 version, with the tabs a full meter apart. If you can deal with tightness, there's a good chance you can get a Cruisers diaper around your midsection.

A bigger problem is the length/rise of the diaper. The diapers don't stretch lengthwise, and the 22" length is a good deal shorter than what most adults need for a secure fit. ConvertUps, a product that extends both the length and width of baby diapers, are one possible answer, but they add length at the front, which is exactly wrong for males, as you've then got much less usable padding there.

And then, of course, there's the baby-sized absorbency. If I go slowly in spurts, I can fill a Pampers diaper without leaking. It's tough, though.

But I'll admit, I enjoy using Pampers and always have some in my stash for when the particular urge hits. When it does, I'll grab two pairs of cute diaper pins and pin the Pampers into my underwear in just the right position. Just for this purpose, I have a few pairs of undies with pin locations marked in permanent ink, so it takes me only 30 seconds or so to pad up that way.

Unless your budget or your preferences are slim, though, a Pampers-only stash is liable to be pretty unsatisfying.

I have poked holes in the tabs of Pampers Size 7 and used the straps from a belted urinary guard.
The diaper is still WAY too small, but it has higher capacity than my guards !

To be honest, it's much easier to pin baby diapers to the inside of female underwear and use them that way.

Reactions: Cottontail
Cottontail said:
I posted a picture to the old forum that showed a Cruisers 7 diaper, 2012 version, with the tabs a full meter apart. If you can deal with tightness, there's a good chance you can get a Cruisers diaper around your midsection.
Good to know that this was possible for at least a few years, but is this still the case in the 2019 version?

Cottontail said:
A bigger problem is the length/rise of the diaper. The diapers don't stretch lengthwise, and the 22" length is a good deal shorter than what most adults need for a secure fit. ConvertUps, a product that extends both the length and width of baby diapers, are one possible answer, but they add length at the front, which is exactly wrong for males, as you've then got much less usable padding there.
Is this length still current? The German Pampers size 8 has a length of 23.23 "(59 cm) and a width of 9.65" (24.5 cm). If your information is correct, that would mean that Pampers Cruisers size 7 is smaller than the current size 8.

Cottontail said:
And then, of course, there's the baby-sized absorbency. If I go slowly in spurts, I can fill a Pampers diaper without leaking. It's tough, though.
Pampers Baby Dry size 8 can absorb 350 ml, that's not much - but still more than our Pampers Underjams 8-12 years old and Drynites 8-15 years old, which can only absorb 300 ml.

In the past, the largest Pampers diapers (size 6 active fit and baby dry) could absorb 850 to 950 ml. Even then it could absorb more than our Pampers Underjams or Drynites, which could only absorb 650 ml to 700 ml.
I regret that this has been reduced over the years.
Cottontail said:
Unless your budget or your preferences are slim, though, a Pampers-only stash is liable to be pretty unsatisfying.
My budget is not large and I sometimes alternate with Drynites, but I like the feeling of being in a baby diaper. Adult diapers, even with baby-like prints on them, are not attractive to me.

Last edited:
PaciL0ver said:
Good to know that this was possible for at least a few years, but is this still the case in the 2019 version?
Yes, but only with considerable patience. As soon as they added the Swaddlers-style (thicker) backing on the elastic tabs, they became much harder to stretch. That was in either 2013 or 2014. You can peel the cloth backing off the elastic and it becomes much easier to stretch, although it's also rather uncomfortable to have that rubber right against your skin.

PaciL0ver said:
Is this length still current? The German Pampers size 8 has a length of 23.23 "(59 cm) and a width of 9.65" (24.5 cm). If your information is correct, that would mean that Pampers Cruisers size 7 is smaller than the current size 8.
That's good to know. I'll have to sample some size 8's from abroad. Yes, as of three months ago, the length of Cruisers 7 was 56cm, and that was with the diaper stretched lengthwise to its absolutely limit.

And honestly, if size 8 is bigger than 7... Isn't that how it should be? Honesly, all these different Pampers sizing scales are pretty dumb. I've never understood the point. It's needlessly confusing.

PaciL0ver said:
I regret that this has been reduced over the years.
Yeah. :( Up until recently, Walmart stores in the US were selling "Super Absorbent" Luvs diapers (also by P&G) as a store exclusive. They were amazing, and would easily take an adult-sized flood. Apparently they were too good to live, though. They disappeared most of two years ago.

PaciL0ver said:
Adult diapers, even with baby-like prints on them, are not attractive to me.
I hear you. I still very much enjoy makeshifting with baby diapers, either cloth or disposable. There is something about using an actual baby product (for me). It's a particular quirk of my fetish.

Cottontail said:
Yes, but only with considerable patience. As soon as they added the Swaddlers-style (thicker) backing on the elastic tabs, they became much harder to stretch. That was in either 2013 or 2014. You can peel the cloth backing off the elastic and it becomes much easier to stretch, although it's also rather uncomfortable to have that rubber right against your skin.
So, if I understand it well, I have to stretch it very slowly, if necessary I can pull the cloth back out of the elastic. How should the latter be done?
Cottontail said:
Yes, as of three months ago, the length of Cruisers 7 was 56cm, and that was with the diaper stretched lengthwise to its absolutely limit.

And honestly, if size 8 is bigger than 7... Isn't that how it should be? Honesly, all these different Pampers sizing scales are pretty dumb. I've never understood the point. It's needlessly confusing.
The sizes are obviously confusing, there are differences between the nappies in the same size depending on the country of production. For example, the Italian Pampers may have different sizes than the French, German or American ones.

The reason why I wondered if the Pampers Cruisers 7 (only available in the United States I think) were smaller or bigger than the German Pampers Baby Dry size 8 was because I used to hear from different sources that there was no difference between the two in term of dimensions.

Back