Pressure buildup while sitting

winterheart01

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Incontinent
Depending on which chair i sit on i have the problem my urethra and sphincter are completely pressed shut. Whenever i go i cannot and this pressure builds up to painful levels.
When i stand up or lift up a bit it then all comes out.

At home i don't have this at all, i was wondering if others have this problem too and which pose to sit would help a bit for this.

Its normal, I to some times have to lift my butt of the seat when I start to pee and it becomes painfull (joys of incontinence) theres not much you can do about it other then move slightly to let the flow continue. Unfortunately people may notice if you have people around you but its all part of dealing with diapers and incontinence issues.

Reactions: mayhem
I also have the same problem at times - particularly on road trips. It can become very uncomfortable and my bladder will start to spasm. As Rob said, moving slightly can help, or (when driving) moving the back of the seat back a notch or two may release the pressure. I try not to go too long in that situation. Besides the pain, I know when I stand up I will flood and run the risk of leaking.

Reactions: rumples82
Thought it was just me. Good to know I'm not alone. Very annoying indeed. :(

Reactions: RedStripeLvr
winterheart01 said:
Depending on which chair i sit on i have the problem my urethra and sphincter are completely pressed shut. Whenever i go i cannot and this pressure builds up to painful levels.
When i stand up or lift up a bit it then all comes out.

At home i don't have this at all, i was wondering if others have this problem too and which pose to sit would help a bit for this.
Oh yeah, I get that a lot too. And yes it depends on which type of seat your sitting on. At work I have a lumbar seat cushion which has a hole in the middle of it. This lets my bladder constantly drain, but without it my bladder will fill up and I absolutely will get those painful urges- even though I'm fully functionally incontinent. Oddly I don't get this problem with my car drivers seat.

Those urges are the worst. Bar stools really hurt. Definitely need to either stand every 15 minutes or so, or I will sit with one foot tucked up under the thigh of the other. Lifts just enough weight to get things moving again. It is an odd but amazing feeling sitting in a meeting with others and shifting just a bit to feel the warmth spread across your diaper.

RedStripeLvr said:
I also have the same problem at times - particularly on road trips. It can become very uncomfortable and my bladder will start to spasm. As Rob said, moving slightly can help, or (when driving) moving the back of the seat back a notch or two may release the pressure. I try not to go too long in that situation. Besides the pain, I know when I stand up I will flood and run the risk of leaking.

Yes long car rides while driving is the worst for me sometime the pain and the urges are just to strong. Like RedStripeLvr said I try to adjust the seat back to a point and try moving around in the seat my wife was like what are you doing I said the urge and pressure it hurts, but I still couldn't get it to flow with all the pressure I told her I as soon as I get out of the car there is going to be a flood! Sure enough I got out of the car a just flood my diaper and there was no stopping it! Thank god my dry 24/7 contained the flood or my pant's would have been soaked. It can be so frustrating at times being incontinent.

Wow, I am amazed to hear it is a very often occurring problem, I didn't hear others complain about this in the past so I figured it must be me, like wearing padding that's too thick or sitting in a wrong position (too far back in a chair or too close to the edge).

But What I can tell for sure is this:
my desk chair at home as a firmer pillow, that does not sink in, it resists the shape of the person sitting on it.
My desk chair at work is one of those office ergonomic design things they love to bulk order, the seat is flexible and sinks when you sit in it, I believe this to be partially responsible for clenching the urethra.
Same thing in a bus or car seat, these are slightly tilted up at the end, which also blocks the flow.

Also just out of curiosity do female have the same issue at times. Just thought I would put that out there. Being they are sitting down you would think there could possibly be pressure to?

Oh good I thought I was the only one who had that problem. Was going to post this awhile back but thought I was a weirdo

Sometimes I get this feeling of pressure building up in my bladder while sitting. Sometimes this pressure is enough for my bladder to overcome any kink in my urethra, and it just comes out, other times I dribble constantly, due to the kink and even feel small spurts going. And then when I either stand up or move, the kink in my urethra is gone, and the gates open. Luckily after years of being incontinent, my bladder does not have much capacity anymore, so a flood for me is nothing more than 200ml. Max. If even that much...
But yea, it can be painful or just unpleasant feeling pressure build up in the bladder

NotTheAverageMan said:
Sometimes I get this feeling of pressure building up in my bladder while sitting. Sometimes this pressure is enough for my bladder to overcome any kink in my urethra, and it just comes out, other times I dribble constantly, due to the kink and even feel small spurts going. And then when I either stand up or move, the kink in my urethra is gone, and the gates open. Luckily after years of being incontinent, my bladder does not have much capacity anymore, so a flood for me is nothing more than 200ml. Max. If even that much...
But yea, it can be painful or just unpleasant feeling pressure build up in the bladder

My bladder capacity must be unusually large and I would be grateful if it would shrink to a more reasonable size so I don't get those enormous floods. As of about a year and a half ago, I was retaining around 450 cc even after what I thought was a complete void. How long did it take until you started noticing it shrinking?

Mine is very painful over 100ml, hence i need to go every few minutes. For the last uroflow i had to empty it a bit since they make me wait a long time or else I'd squeeze from the pain and strain, it measured 92ml then

Mentioning painful, how many have the vibrations of driving irritate the bladder?

It doesn't seem to matter how much is in the bladder, at times (not always), I swear there's a bag of marbles bouncing around in bladder. Relief is stopping; more ways than one!

daylight said:
Mentioning painful, how many have the vibrations of driving irritate the bladder?

It doesn't seem to matter how much is in the bladder, at times (not always), I swear there's a bag of marbles bouncing around in bladder. Relief is stopping; more ways than one!
Back when I had difficuly peeing AND urge incontinence, a pothole or speed bump was about the worst for me. Almost always guaranteed to irritate my bladder.

I don't drive much myself but when taking the bus i feel every vibration like mad. If the sphincter or urethra is blocked and i feel a strong urge.....i pray to the Seven o.o

winterheart01 said:
I don't drive much myself but when taking the bus i feel every vibration like mad. If the sphincter or urethra is blocked and i feel a strong urge.....i pray to the Seven o.o
Lol, winter is here. Or at least when it is that cold rush of going outside is another well known trigger for bladder spasms.

Slomo said:
Lol, winter is here. Or at least when it is that cold rush of going outside is another well known trigger for bladder spasms.

I have to confess I was surprised this winter how much the cold affected my bladder. I had regained some control and was able to go without protection at times if I was close to a bathroom, but when the cold weather hit, all bets were off and I went back to 24/7. At this point, I'm pretty sure that was my last hurrah, so to speak, and I will be 24/7 from now on.

RedStripeLvr said:
My bladder capacity must be unusually large and I would be grateful if it would shrink to a more reasonable size so I don't get those enormous floods. As of about a year and a half ago, I was retaining around 450 cc even after what I thought was a complete void. How long did it take until you started noticing it shrinking?
It took years for my bladder to shrink. I still remember when I first became incontinent and how I struggled, finding adequate protection, and that was only after several unsuccessful attempts of using various medications to calm my detrusor muscle so I wouldn't get these strong urges to urinate all the time, and having accidents in my pants. After months of trying different types of medications, without much success and very unpleasant side effects, I gave up and told my doctor that I would start using protection. In the beginning I had to use thick diapers to manage my output, but after years now being diapered 24/7, I can now wear more discrete diapers, though I found out that a microfiber cloth diaper booster in a disposable diaper helps wick wetness through the whole diaper, plus as mentioned my bladder has shrunk down in capacity, which is both good and bad.
The good thing, I rarely flood anymore, meaning less leaks. The bad thing is, it has increased the frequency I wet, resulting in me having to be protected at all times, so I don't have any choice anymore, than to wear a diaper, because I never know when I wet, and also the dribbles in between.

NotTheAverageMan said:
It took years for my bladder to shrink. I still remember when I first became incontinent and how I struggled, finding adequate protection, and that was only after several unsuccessful attempts of using various medications to calm my detrusor muscle so I wouldn't get these strong urges to urinate all the time, and having accidents in my pants. After months of trying different types of medications, without much success and very unpleasant side effects, I gave up and told my doctor that I would start using protection. In the beginning I had to use thick diapers to manage my output, but after years now being diapered 24/7, I can now wear more discrete diapers, though I found out that a microfiber cloth diaper booster in a disposable diaper helps wick wetness through the whole diaper, plus as mentioned my bladder has shrunk down in capacity, which is both good and bad.
The good thing, I rarely flood anymore, meaning less leaks. The bad thing is, it has increased the frequency I wet, resulting in me having to be protected at all times, so I don't have any choice anymore, than to wear a diaper, because I never know when I wet, and also the dribbles in between.

My urologist is putting me on similar meds, tamsulosin , silodosin etc, α₁-adrenoceptor antagonists to relax all tissue around prostate as a have sphincter spasms when voiding. They are not working and cause serious rhinitis, even gave me sinus infections. Now i switched to alfuzosin, which has less side effects but also doesn't seem to do anything.
Next in line is surgery again...#9

Back