presidential Candidates

Status
Not open for further replies.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
So with the upcoming presidential election in the u.s. i was wondering who every supports(even if you can't vote)(like me) or if your in a foreign country who do you think would be best for our country?

I personally support ron paul but he doesn't seem to have a snowballs chance in hec.I think hillary would do better than barroc.(whos middle name is hussein lol) Whoever gets elected is going ot have a hard fixing everything so whats everyones view?

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Personally I kind of like Huckabee, though he's a longshot at this point. McCain would be okay. As for Obama vs. Clinton, I'll wait until the Democrats have decided on a candidate before I weigh that out (as a registered Republican I'm not eligible to vote in their primaries anyway).

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I don't trust Hillary Clinton -- there are almost too many reasons to list why I don't trust her.

I would choose Huckabee over McCain, although I fear that Huckabee's heavy religious background honestly poses a potential problem for the progress of the United States. Then again, McCain is far too middle-of-the-road -- he's too liberal for a conservative, and his lack of commitment to responsibilities in the past make me wonder if he's really cut up for this president thing.

Obama? I don't agree with all of his standards, however, I believe that the man has a lot to say. I don't really care what his affiliations are -- I just care that, whether Democrat or Republican, that the person in office come 2009 is strong-willed and willing to uphold their political standards for the good of the country.

If anything, if Obama was elected, he'd potentially encourage a mindset-change throughout the country, and the election of a black president (though he himself never brings color into things, which I like) might very well open up new doors that we as a country have never considered before.

So who am I voting for?

Tom Dickson for president, baby!

Thallis

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
I'm for McCain, but as long as it's not Hillary, I'm perfectly fine.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
Personally I kind of like Huckabee, though he's a longshot at this point. McCain would be okay. As for Obama vs. Clinton, I'll wait until the Democrats have decided on a candidate before I weigh that out (as a registered Republican I'm not eligible to vote in their primaries anyway).
You even come close to supporting Huckabee...FFS

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
You even come close to supporting Huckabee...FFS
I don't "come close" to supporting him, I do support him. But the simple fact is, that mathematically it is very unlikely (impossible?) that he will be the candidate, so it's sort of a moot point right now. The only thing I'm not crazy about is his "fair tax" idea. It has its bright sides (e.g. criminals, aliens forced to pay taxes) but I think the downsides far outweigh this (e.g. poor bear same burden as rich).

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I want Obama elected, and if I was American, and of legal age, I'd so vote for him.

whitefox

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Other
I'd definitely vote for Obama. I don't agree with everything he says, but moreso than the other candidates. It is amazing how stupid these people are that actually think he is a terrorist just because he is mixed, and at one point thought he was a Muslim (although that wasn't true).

As for the republicans, I'm not sure... I'll take anyone except for McCain, who is about to get his nomination anyway, so I'll just pull for the Democrats this year (unless it's Hillary vs. McCain; in that case I'd encourage the boycotting of the right to vote).

Lordluke

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
A hard job

Hi All

Whoever gets in will have a job picking up the pieces after Busk's mess, hope there is a change in America view of the world, its a bit right winged at present, we in Australia just got rid of Howard (a Bush buddy) so things are on the move here again.

Cheers

Luke

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
It is amazing how stupid these people are that actually think he is a terrorist just because he is mixed, and at one point thought he was a Muslim (although that wasn't true).
Yeah I agree! I'm really sick of hearing people constantly calling him "Barack Hussein Obama" and then say they're just doing it to honor his name... get real. It's disgusting all the propaganda about him, like that he is/was a Muslim, and that he took the oath of office on the Koran. Not that there would be anything wrong with him being a Muslim, but wtf, he's not one. The whole thing really reflects poorly on the people doing it.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
Yeah I agree! I'm really sick of hearing people constantly calling him "Barack Hussein Obama".
what would you like them to call him that is his name even if the hussein part has emphasis placed on it.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I don't care about using his full name, but the context it's used in is often obviously a jab at him. How often do you hear people call Hillary "Hillary Rodham Clinton"? Okay, sometimes (but not often). But what about Michael Dale Huckabee or John Sidney McCain? The fact is that they're playing the connotation of Hussein. One prominent radio host in particular even inserted Muhammed in there to call him "Barack Muhammed Hussein Obama" which is just totally false.

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
I dunno... People said there would never be a worse president than Nixon, then they said there will never be a worse president than Clinton... I can see a pattern developing here.

Take this fantastic example of the U.S. government...

We are not retreating, we are advancing in another direction.
BUT! If it was going to be anybody, it would be Obama... Or Dave Chappelle... (video contains bad language!)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=wkAL5KtjC90

J

Jag

Anybody would be better than Hillary if you ask me. I find that this election has no canidate that really represents me, but I'm going with McCain. Obama's such a rookie that I doubt he could handle it. Being president is a pretty hard job.

Target

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I don't live in USA but probably, If I lived there, I'll Vote for a Democratic candidate.
In a month in Italy there will be elections, but I'll not vote because our candidates are for the most part Liars or criminals and they just think to themselves

D

daria7483

I've never heard anyone say there could never be a worse president than Clinton, though I'm sure some people do. Clinton is generally regarded as a successful president. Now Bush? His approval rating is currently something like 19 percent.

I like Barack and voted for him in Virginia's primary last month. I would be okay with Hillary, though. She seems to appeal to very poor areas, and I'm not sure why because I personally see her as elitist. But maybe it's her stance on health care. I would be okay with McCain as well. If it became a McCain v.s. Hillary contest I could go either way, so it might ultimately be their stance on Iraq that would get my vote.

Thallis

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
Not even close. Bush's approval is like 39%. 19% was Truman's when he got out of office, and Truman is now considered to be the 4th best president. Bush's "mess" is an extreme exaggeration.

Status
Not open for further replies.