Presentations

Status
Not open for further replies.

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy
Hate them or love them?
I personally dread each and every time I have to orchestrate a presentation.
I get nervous and forget a whole part of my presentations. I end up makeing mistakes and have to recover on some things. IN the end I always get B-low A's on them. Anyone else hate presentations, Or does anyone Like them.

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Carer
I'm so-so on this one. I like making them and such, but I hate the actual sharing it and stuff.

Role
Private
I usually dread being told I have to do one, but I find the preparation and the presentation itself to be a fun and refreshing experience. I can add my own style to it, which in the past people have responded to extremely well.

Role
Private
I've presented things where I'm the expert in the room (oral defense, work); I've presented things where I found out 2 hours before that some idiot needed something cobbling together (teaching, work).

There are things you can change, and things you cannot change.

All you can really do is handle the things you can change (how prepared you are, your comfort level speaking); the things you cannot change (the audience) you'll just have to put up with and not stress about.

I find this a better strategy than worrying about every last detail.

B

Butterfly Mage

The older I get, the less fearful I am of presentations. I was the celebrant (leader) at a worship service for the first time last year. Once you've done that, it's safe to say the fear of public speaking is conquered!

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Being a music director and a teacher, I'm doing it at some level all the time. You get used to it. Seven years a go a took 11 classes toward teacher certification, as well as a Master's program at Lynchburg College. I had to take World Geography and make a PowerPoint presentation on Egypt. I also had this girl/mother as my partner. She was a complete dud. All she wanted to do was research the pyramids, and of course we were to concentrate more on modern Egypt. I did 99% of the work and most of the presentation. She got an A because of me. What she didn't get was the highest grade for the class. I got that, haha.... I had fun doing the project. This professor had us do 5 different projects for that class, all of them very time consuming. It was a hard class, and there was a heavy concentration on South America, because his wife was from Peru.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I used to hate them in high school, but I started to like them in college during 'General Studies' as you could get away with being humorous (e.g. My groups presentation on Global warming was "The effects of Global warming... on Foxes!", and the animal rights one was the best: "Beastiality: right or wrong?").

Unfortunately in university the only subject I've had to do presentations for was a politics 'elective' (i.e. not my actual degree subject), so that required more acting. :p

Talula

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I love presentations! I'm such a freak!!

I can think of nothing more thrilling than have some people's time to talk to them. I love the dread before you start to talk, the weird looks when you stand up and take a deep breathe, I love the jokes, and I love the questions at the end, when you never know what's coming.

I can talk about anything, anytime. I think I'm a talk-a-holic! And I get even more excited if I get to REHEARSE what I'm going to talk about, like in a presentation.

Hehe, I'm so weird :D

closet dl

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I don't mind them at all. Having both taught classes and done many marketing presentations, I have no worries when doing them.

A funny story to pass along - a friend from the army was doing a presentation when she was VERY pregnant. In the middle of the presentation, the baby kicked her in the bladder and she FLOODED right in front of the entire Corps staff. I felt embarrassed for her when I first heard about it, but wished I would have been there!

Gil

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Love making them, but I simply refuse to present them.

briefboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I don't mind making them if it's something interesting, but I can't stand to present them. I usually get all hot and nervous, no matter how big the audience is.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I have done presentations both in school and out of school. In school I hate them. I get incredibly nervous, I can't remember what I have to say, and I absolutely hate it. I often go through the slides too quickly and generally cause problems for myself and everyone else. I usually end up with a B, based on the actual content being good, if you were able to pick up what the content was.

I have also done two presentations outside of school. Both were in teams - one too an engineering company as part of an engineering project I had been involved in and one bilingual presentation in Germany to a panel including German school students doing the same sorts of presentations as us, as well as engineering staff at a technical college. For neither of those was I especially nervous, in particular the one in Germany. I was so relaxed that when our presentation broke down in a film clip, I was able to carry on talking, and even make jokes, while my partner was fixing it. Both presentations were very well received, and I enjoyed making and presenting them.

I am comfortable presenting to people I don't know that well, or to people who are quite a bit older than me. However, I have a greet dislike of doing presentations infront of my peers, and find it really difficult.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Love presenting them. I guess I'm a natural born public speaker. I remember when I got my first taste of public speaking, I was in grade 5 and standing up in front of half the student body. Didn't get nervous or anything. It comes very natural to me.

In the next ten minutes, actualy, a person from the college I want to attend will be calling me so I can give a script reading over the phone. It's a radio broadcasting course, well chosen I guess. Wish me luck.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I've presented things where I'm the expert in the room (oral defense, work); I've presented things where I found out 2 hours before that some idiot needed something cobbling together (teaching, work).
That's exactly what I'll be doing tomorrow :)

However, presentations don't bother me. Usually I'm the person who knows more than the audience, so I don't have to be afraid of standing up front and talking to people.
I've done it over a hundred times, so no big deal really.

Peachy

Hans

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Presentations are so-so with me. I like the fact that I can be a little unorthodox in presentations and add in my own jokes and commentary to not only lighten the subject but to get feedback and make it easier to digest. What I dislike is that I know I have a very deep and monotonous voice when I go into 'professional mode' which makes me rather self-conscious and causes me to kind of rush things. As a result I get the 'verbal diarrhea' where I just start stammering and getting tongue-tied, thus killing my rehearsal and preparation when I stand up and turn into a blithering idiot.

Squigma

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur
If it's about a topic that at least mildly interests me, then I'll like making it. I really enjoy getting all the information, and then putting it into a concise, yet informative way. And planning out how I'm going to do it and stuff. Actually doing the presentation is the hard part. Unless it's to people I'm at least mildly comfortable with, it'll probably go really badly.

However, if it's about something I find really interesting, then I'll be really excited while doing it, and just keep going on. It'll probably be even less understandable than one about something I'm no so interested in, but at least I'll enjoy it :p

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I love presentations. I like going first too - most people hate me for it because I tend to raise the bar pretty high, but when you go first, you get better marks.

I enjoy being in front of crowds, speeches, anything. =)

My first speech was in grade 4, and we had to present someone in our family. I won in my class, and moved on to the grade division (like gr. 4-6 or something), won that... and then came in third place within the whole school. (In my defense it was a bunch of big seniors who beat me :p)

Last edited:
K

KittyKat

I can't do presentations in front of people so I usually do a written report. Once my mom videotaped me doing a presentation and only the teacher saw it.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I can't do presentations in front of people so I usually do a written report. Once my mom videotaped me doing a presentation and only the teacher saw it.
Reminds me of a girl I knew in JK. She wouldn't talk at all, so her mom taped her talking one day, and brought it in for the class, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.