Preparing to explain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddyroo2000

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So after accepting the fact that I'm an AB\DL made me realize that I need to make the proper preparations in case someone finds out...
I do have one option, in my computers word documents I have a list of commonly asked questions that come with answers written by me. have any of you guys and gals made any preparations, or are you okay with talking face-to-face?

Find a good video or website that can back up what you are saying and explaining that you are not the only person, but face to face is important.

For me, what angelic said was true, face to face is important,
but it is better if you prepare well for what you want to say to them.

because if you lose in the words when explaining, it would be dangerous for you and that would make them suspicious.
The main thing is don't get too worried and nervous to be get caught.
and you must believe that you are not the only person like angelic says.

MaxToddler

buddyroo2000 said:
So after accepting the fact that I'm an AB\DL made me realize that I need to make the proper preparations in case someone finds out...
I do have one option, in my computers word documents I have a list of commonly asked questions that come with answers written by me. have any of you guys and gals made any preparations, or are you okay with talking face-to-face?

Hi buddyroo2000

I don't recommend making statements to anybody if you don't have to. But if you do need to explain your lifestyle then as my freands have said face to face is best.

Most of us find that keeping ourselves to ourselves is better than having to explain to people that don't understand or know about our life style which we call the "vanillas." Don't ask me why we just do.

Any way this is not all way posabel and there are time when we have to explain about regression and AB Little.

This is how I explain it.

"Little"or "Adult Baby" or "AB"- is a term used to describe people who uses regresion to an infant or child-like state. Most Little or adult babies regress into either infants or toddler mind set, know as "Little space" while in this mind set they will act as a child and will see things in a childlike way.

ABs and Littls typically like to wear/use/play with stereotypically infantile items such as toys, bottles,stuffed animals ect.

There are also some people that are know as "Diaper Lovers" "DL" some DL's just wear Diapers and are not AB or Little and not all Littles are in to Diaper wearing.

Unless it is medical DL is considered a fetish for many and it is not allway sexual for everyone.

Being an AB Little can satisfy needs such as comfort, intimacy of a non-sexual nature, it is a way of coping with the stresses of dealing with life as an adult.

Littles and Adult Baby have a age identity. Being in our Little space brings an identity that conveys a mix of both adult and infant characteristics

Or just tell them you have a form of Peter Pan syndrome, and this is how you cope with life.
I Prefer to do that as I don't need to go into all the details. And I have found that most people will leave it at that.

Hope this helps you.

Sisi

I think having a generally prepared statement isn't valuable because ABDL covers a broad spectrum of behaviors and the best explanation will vary depending on things like your relationship to the person who finds out, their age and education level, and how they found out.

Broadly speaking, what you should think about is what ABDL means to you. The trappings aren't important. You wear diapers, or you drink from a bottle, or you like baby clothes, that's all whatever. What people care about in understanding what we do is the motivation. Is it sexual for you? Does it help you relax or feel comfortable? Does it bring you joy? Think about how you would describe your own ABDL desires, why they're something that's an important and helpful part of your life, and focus on that.

Reactions: Trevor
As others have said, a face-to-face talk is normally best, however, having written out possible questions and answers beforehand can help you be more confident when that face-to-face talk is needed and it can be used if a face-to-face talk can not take place for some reason.

I also agree with @ArchieRoni that talking more to the WHY and not the HOW or WHAT of your ABDL is better. Generally I don't think there is a need to tell people you use a bottle or diapers or whatever until the person knows why you are doing it.

I hope you never have to use it but it is comforting to have the talking points ready.

I haven't really thought about it much. I suppose, if I was "found out", I'd probably just say it was a private thing they don't need to worry about, and leave it at that. If it doesn't involve you, it's not really any of your business, so it makes no difference.

I suppose... I don't really feel like there would be anything to explain if someone found out. I'd be like, "Heh. That's awkward. Oh well. Let's never speak of this. C'est la vie!"

If I had to "explain myself", the word "fetish" sums it up accurately enough for anyone to get the gist.

Good advise from above. I also wondered why you thought you would be caught and by who? It's always good to know why you enjoy wearing diapers because it can bring greater acceptance as to why we wear. Once you accept the why, it's easier to explain the reasons to someone else should that be necessary or desired.

When My wife discovered my diaper order, I was in good shape to explain because it was something that I had already given a lot of thought too. In fact, I think I have been doing that for many years, ever since I was wanting diapers. Because I was prepared, she easily accepted my need for diapers and that I will regress. As a result, she has supported me completely.

What if being ABDL isn't a fetish and is a lifestyle, it becomes more contriversial!?

Angelic said:
What if being ABDL isn't a fetish and is a lifestyle, it becomes more contriversial!?

i think people will reject the existence of abdl as a lifestyle, and it will threaten the existence of abdl and we will definitely be relegated.

Last edited:
if we were organized we could lobby government and become a protected class. That seems to be the thing to do these days.

Angelic said:

Well... only if you think you owe it to others to explain yourself with complete accuracy and honesty.

"Fetish" really isn't the right word for me either. But it's enough of an explanation that someone would understand that it's something you like, it's something private, and it's none of their business.

I suppose I mean that the word "fetish" is enough to answer someone's questions if you want to "explain", without going into any detail at all. :)

While I've never been caught and haven't told anyone aside from other ABDLs, I have been worried about others finding out, and have had a explanation about being an ABDL prepared for 6 years after running through the thought experiment of being outed many many times.

If I was forced to explain ABDL in the past, I probably would've froze up, whereas now, I'd just say "It's private. You don't want more information. Here's some resources if you're that concerned". It's definitely good to have some sort of general statement planned in the event of being outed.

I see being little as who I am but I don't see myself as being part of ABDL at all, I see myself as being DDLG type thing, I just send people a link to my SFW tumblr blog, everyone finds it cute

What's DDLG?

It's Daddy Dom/ Little Girl. It's basically a male caretaker and a female that roleplays as a little girl.

Hummm
Yea you right but I know LittleBelle does not really like the turm "ageplay" and I don't really.

There are a group of us that have accepted that we have a child like personality. And this is a lifestily in in which they are really happy it not a game to us and the turn "ageplay" would appliy.

OK not all us Little ones are the same. And some people can switch there mind set on and off.

Some time I which I had a switch that would turn me off.

Hee, hee.

Perhaps I do age play when I have to pretend to be an adult. Or play "adulting" but I not very good at it.
I get bored too easily with that game.

And pretend to be an grown up when wearing a diaper is just and you know, that you don't really understand what going on, and Evey thing inside you won't to play with someing else and you really need to go and have a suck on you pasifer. And you find that you not really concentrating and sitting still.

Well that me after a few hours of playing at being all grown up.

It a lot easyer for me to just Middle up and go into a teenage head space so I can do thing like driving and life skills. But still be sucking my pasifer and dancing about and singing silly songs and finding things to play with.

Hee, hee

I know that I need a caretaker in my life and I did have one but he gone away for a while and i really miss him.

So i am a bit jealous with thoues us that have P-Doms like LittleBelly who has her Daddy and Little Max that have his real Perents. And they except that he is a little. Which is great. One day I might get a Mummy or Daddy of my own.

Sorry this turned into a bit of a rant.

Sisi

It's okay sisi,
I really hope that you can find your caretaker someday, Sad to hear this that I as a child of my parents will lose them someday too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back