Preparing for a 24/7 semester

ThePhotographer said:
I have the rule for myself if it gets in the way of school I’ll stop or break to get whatever is needed done.
As for any worries about my social life, I’m already a recluse in a way. I hang out with people, but generally I’m on my own. I have not started dating as I’m terrible with women. I’m better at making friends than telling if they are flirting, or having courage to ask them out.

So now my question for myself is how much protection do I think I need during the day, as northshore has a variety of options.
I'm a heavy wetter, so I'd recommend at least the supremes during the day, and that way you're not worrying about capacity. For me, that meant a supreme with a large booster to get through my 6-10am shift at work on campus to at least before my last afternoon classes at 2pm. Then another supreme to get me through my last class at 4. I eventually switched to Crinklz with a booster or even MegaMaxes, once I got into the rhythm of things to last all day.

IMO, onsies are a must. Between work and school, reaching down into my backpack during lectures, a solid black onsie keeps me from worrying about my waistband showing and my diaper from sagging, so I am able to better focus on schoolwork.

Staying hydrated is a must to prevent odors, but find a balance between staying hydrated and needing to use your diaper every 30 minutes.

Drink plenty, wet plenty, change often; would be my suggestion too. Keeping your urine output dilute and avoiding long wear-times are the best ways to minimise odour, rashes, UTIs and leaks, and that in turn reduces worry and distraction. I can't understand why people try to get through a whole day without a change; a bit of practice in your room and a well-prepared changing kit can make changing in public a breeze. I do it a few times a day and it's way better than sitting in the same nappy for 8+ hours.

My personal daytime choice is Tena Active Fit Ultima, which is one of the most absorbent plastic-backed medical products that offers a good price per litre absorbed (at least at UK prices). At night and when expecting extra heavy wetting I switch to Betterdry.

ThePhotographer said:
I have the rule for myself if it gets in the way of school I’ll stop or break to get whatever is needed done.
As for any worries about my social life, I’m already a recluse in a way. I hang out with people, but generally I’m on my own. I have not started dating as I’m terrible with women. I’m better at making friends than telling if they are flirting, or having courage to ask them out.

So now my question for myself is how much protection do I think I need during the day, as northshore has a variety of options.

I don’t think anyone can answer this for you because it’s pretty individualized. Generally speaking, I’d plan for 2-3 Supreme Lites and a Supreme for bedtime. You can go MegaMax if you are a heavy wetter or you feel so inclined to add the extra protection.

Reactions: ThePhotographer
thediaperedhusband said:
I don’t think anyone can answer this for you because it’s pretty individualized. Generally speaking, I’d plan for 2-3 Supreme Lites and a Supreme for bedtime. You can go MegaMax if you are a heavy wetter or you feel so inclined to add the extra protection.
I don’t think I’m a heavy wetter per-say, but I have been described as a camel. I’m not going to the bathroom often because of a shy bladder and not drinking enough. So when I do go a lot in a very short time. So l would have to do supremes or lites with boosters. More likely is I just need to stay more hydrated and go more often.

Also the reason I brought up abu, was for price. A mixed case of 80 (4 simple ultras, 4 simples) was $157, where at northshore I created a mix with 60 supreme and 30 mega max for $159. I didn’t know much about abu, and how practical they were for wearing discreetly. I just noticed that for about the same price i could get close to the same number of diapers. Unless I’m missing something, for what I was looking at on both sites, there was not a huge price difference. I personally have more experience with northshore so I’m likely to go with them, but from all the things I heard about abu and the costs being similar,I had to just mention it as a possibility.
I’m still always debating and I’ll probably end up at northshore like I normally do, but I just wanted to consider all my options.

I’m slowly getting the idea of what I’m in for come the start of school.
However, one of the problems that came up in my week long 24/7 stint was my work out. During that time I just didn’t workout, but this is 16 weeks, I’ll have to. My mind has split ideas from wearing a pad to count, to buying more diapers (Supreme lites) just to wear while working out for an hour, to wearing whatever diaper I had on, to even changing into a fresh diaper after a work out.

Sorry if it sounds like I’m over thinking things, I probably am. Thanks for all the advice you guys have given me so far.

Last edited:
Ok sorry for the double post but I can no longer edit my last post.
I figured out what I am ordering, well narrowed it down to 3 good choice. From the list below I’ll pick one set and that will be my monthly diaper supply. All are diapers I have tried, enjoyed, and have worn in public.

60 northshore supreme, 30 mega max
60 betterdry, 30 crinklz
60 betterdry, 30 megamax

The last one may be a little overkill, but may be necessary if I really start drinking more, like a lot more than I do now.
What do you guys think of 3 possibilities I could go with? They all would work for me but it’s hard to pick.

Never, never, never look at it as a cost per diaper. You have to look at it as a cost per day. Double so when going 24/7.

Two different cases of diapers can be sold for the exact same price. But if diaper A lasts you 50% longer than diaper B, then in the long run diaper A will cost you 50% less money.

You need to first figure out which diaper works best for you. Which one lasts the longest without leaking. That's whats going to determine which is the best deal for you.

Slomo said:
Never, never, never look at it as a cost per diaper. You have to look at it as a cost per day. Double so when going 24/7.

Two different cases of diapers can be sold for the exact same price. But if diaper A lasts you 50% longer than diaper B, then in the long run diaper A will cost you 50% less money.

You need to first figure out which diaper works best for you. Which one lasts the longest without leaking. That's whats going to determine which is the best deal for you.
Ok so that gives me stuff to think about. Betterdry/crinklz work well for me and I like the tapes better. That may be my go to as I feel like I can get more out of them.
I got 4 days worth of diapers in my room already enough northshore to try and see if my mind is changed but I think now I’ll just stay with betterdry and crinklz.

ThePhotographer said:

Pro tip , if a girl is talking to you and is ineterested in what your saying
ThePhotographer said:

Pro tip. If a girl is talking and isnt trying to leave
she probably likes you. Ask her out she will probs say yes . Girls want the d as much as dudes want the p

If I meet a girl I would be more interested in hanging out and being together than anything else right away.

Good news after the holidays. I got money from family and lots of amazon gift cards, both of which are for personal expenses as they told me. So my first diapered month, and possibly 2nd are fully covered.

Is there any other useful information I should know about when going 24/7? Like a onesie recommendation? Use disposal bags for every diaper, only messy diapers, public changes, or a combination?
I got 19 more days until I’m back at school and can start being diapered.

Man I want to try 24/7 one of these days.

Reactions: thediaperedhusband and babybobby
I wouldn't bother with bagging individual wet diapers when using public receptacles in public restrooms, simply balling up the wet diaper and taping it shut is sufficient. Messy diapers are hard and sometimes impossible to seal this way to prevent smell, so save the extra bags for that.

You can have different diapers for different needs, I regularly wear ABU PeekABU, but keep thinner diapers around for when I know I'll be taking it off/ replacing it soon. Eg, I'm changing a full diaper but know that in two hours I'm going out for a night on the town and will want to change into a fresh diaper before leaving so I put on one of my thinner / cheaper / less absorbent diapers for the two hours.

For working out, I don't recommend a thick or already wet diaper, find something thin you can change into that won't chafe but still be there when you need it. Most likely you'll be showering when done anyway and will be replacing it after the workout. Pull ups may be appropriate for working out, but if you're like me I only wear tape on diapers so wear a Tena diaper which is a high sap, low pulp diaper that is very thin and unobtrusive but still highly absorbent when working out. For weights / non cardio you may just keep your current diaper on if it doesn't interfere with your exercises and change when done.

Regularly try out different brands of diapers to see what works best for YOU. Every "body" is different and what brands fit and work well for others will not necessarily work or fit as well for you. Every different diaper brand/type you regularly use you'll have a different taping method you'll discover as you practice using them - discovering the perfect fit for each one on your body will probably take around 10 diapers before you really figure it out, a sample pack of one or two won't give you the chance to try different taping positions or techniques that can only come from being immersed in the diaper and changes for a few days.

Plan on more than two diapers a day, lol. Even the most absorbent diapers tend to fall apart, smell or break down before reaching capacity, and with working out an extra change will need to be factored in even if you didn't completely saturate the diaper, do you really want to put back on a sweaty diaper but unused diaper after you shower? 4 or 5 changes may be where you end up depending on you schedule and unique needs.

Have fun with it, with consistency and practice you'll soon be less distracted by your consistently diapered life and will get yourself diaper trained instead of potty trained!

Reactions: ThePhotographer and thediaperedhusband
ThePhotographer said:
I’m slowly getting the idea of what I’m in for come the start of school.
However, one of the problems that came up in my week long 24/7 stint was my work out. During that time I just didn’t workout, but this is 16 weeks, I’ll have to. My mind has split ideas from wearing a pad to count, to buying more diapers (Supreme lites) just to wear while working out for an hour, to wearing whatever diaper I had on, to even changing into a fresh diaper after a work out.

Sorry if it sounds like I’m over thinking things, I probably am. Thanks for all the advice you guys have given me so far.
I've found that for more intense workouts it's better to go with a truly cheap diaper. You only need it to last an hour on average, both for absorbency and clumping. Most any diaper will get nearly destroyed by a moderate or intense workout, so no need using a more premium diaper you know won't last anyways. You're going to want to change (and hopefully shower) after a workout anyways right? So even something as light as northsore's go supreme might be enough for this.

Slomo said:
I've found that for more intense workouts it's better to go with a truly cheap diaper. You only need it to last an hour on average, both for absorbency and clumping. Most any diaper will get nearly destroyed by a moderate or intense workout, so no need using a more premium diaper you know won't last anyways. You're going to want to change (and hopefully shower) after a workout anyways right? So even something as light as northsore's go supreme might be enough for this.
I got a cvs right across from my dorm, so if cheap is what’s recommended for a work out diaper, I can get one. There are probably goodnites xl or the thin cvs briefs I could use for working out.

ThePhotographer said:
I got a cvs right across from my dorm, so if cheap is what’s recommended for a work out diaper, I can get one. There are probably goodnites xl or the thin cvs briefs I could use for working out.
I would not recommend using a baby or kids pullup. With working out you will need them to be properly fitted with lots of room for bending and stretching. I can about guarantee an over stretched goodnite will not survive an hour of an adult workout routine. Cheap store bought "briefs" may not hold up either. Those tabs don't exactly have that much holding power and a brief isn't designed to be stretchable. Also be careful to make sure the padding extends up and to the sides just enough. There's nothing like doing a side leg lift and having a minor accident just for it to leak past where there is no padding.

Even the cheap CVS or Depend pullups may not be enough, though that will "depend" on just how much you tend to leak and how often. That's why I had recommended the northshore go supreme pullups. They tend to be among the best in the pullups category. Just barely enough padding, appropriately sized with plenty of stretching to accommodate working out, and built well enough to last an hour under workout conditions. In my opinion they were the best compromise between being constructed well enough to still perform while also being as cheap as possible. Now if only I could work out like that, like I used to.

Never went 24/7 in college. Perhaps the biggest obstacle was that was 40 years ago and diapers weren't as evolved as they were now. They couldn't take a full wetting without leaking usually. I did spend lots of days wearing diapers without obliging myself to use them.

One thing was to have a discrete way of carrying them. I carried mine in a small case that I then carried in a backpack.

These days, I use northshore supreme lites as a real nice balance between bulk and absorbency. I had been using the Attends Extra Absorbency but they discontinued these over a year ago.

Back