Premium nappies/diapers Premium prices

Crinklesounds

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi Guys,

Just wondering what everyone's opinions are on the prices of the more premium nappies on the market now, like Rearz Barnyard, Tykeables Little Rawrz, etc...
Nappies R Us have just took delivery of the new Rearz Barnyard, these are priced at £18.95 per pack, to me that's quite a lot to pay for a pack of nappies, I understand these hold a lot, but for someone who is on a tight budget every month it's quite hard to purchase the premium nappies.
My usual go to nappies are Drylife and these are fantastic value, but these are plain and sometimes I like to vary what I wear depending on my mood.
I do love the printed nappies when I'm in little space but it's getting harder to buy them.
Do you guys think it's getting more and more expensive now? Or are you happy paying for the extra ml per nappy?

Let me know your thoughts.

Hey there,

regarding my preferences, I actually buy the ones I like the most (and also trust the most, no one likes leaks right).

Lately I really enjoy the ABU Kiddos, which are priced around 2€ if you're going for the scented ones, and averaging 4pcs if I want to wear all day the 8€ in total are worth it imo.

I don't wear all the time tho and other diapers/nappies like the tena and crinklz which where my go to choices the past years tent to leak lately...so don't use them that much anymore (i roll around a lot in bed).

Kind Regards,
Sabu

Last edited:
Reactions: Crinklesounds
HI Sabu,

Yeah, agree with you, no one likes a leaky nappy.:)

Drylife nappies are great, I've yet to have a leak in them, only if I take them beyond their limit.
I've yet to try Kiddos, might have to check them out one day.

Thanks for the reply.

Sometimes you get to drive a Cadillac, other time you have to drive a Honda.

Bellybag58 said:
Sometimes you get to drive a Cadillac, other time you have to drive a Honda.
Haha! Most of the time it's the Honda for me.

Crinklesounds said:
HI Sabu,

Yeah, agree with you, no one likes a leaky nappy.:)

Drylife nappies are great, I've yet to have a leak in them, only if I take them beyond their limit.
I've yet to try Kiddos, might have to check them out one day.

Thanks for the reply.

They're one-taped, might need a few to get used to, my first impression was 'kinda loose, not very snug' - that impression really changed by now.

:)

Last edited:
I am really impressed with PeekABUs, so I would say it is worth the money

Also with really good ABDL diapers, if you can only buy packs of 10 you end up paying 200% as much per diaper so that makes it even more expensive

When you can order ABDL Diapers by the case the cost per diaper is way less which makes for a better value

And for those that wear for long periods of time (like days) you actually spend more on cheap diapers because of changing more often

So they are actually better in the practical sense too

Of course there is always a "middle ground" where you can find everything you want and need without spending any extra; but when you can afford to spend the extra money it can be well worth it

For example a lot of us like Printed Diapers and have our favorites that when we can we are glad to spend the extra money, because you get a dependable (unlike "depends" lol) quality Diaper with an appealing look

For us it can very well be worth spending money, even if it is only on appearance, that's why the ABDL Diapers are so popular.

Plus if you need diapers anyways, would you rather wear plain white ones or printed?

I have always liked the printed much more, even though I am closer to a DL than an AB I still have some AB interests so nice looking prints work for me and I am glad to have Quality Diapers on hand to help me relieve stress in healthier ways than I used to.

It feels good to buy the good stuff you know?

Nobody likes being stuck with the most basic and boring stuff out there, but if it's all your budget allows sometimes you have to make due.

I have no problem paying the price for premium diapers as you get what you pay for.
Back when I first started wearing diapers there where no premium diapers and one wetting and you where leaking.
I prefer an all white diaper but have spent the extra for printed diapers.
The young generation of today have it really good when it comes to quality diapers, had we had what’s available today back when I got started wearing 24/7, I’d been in heaven.

lonnie said:
I have no problem paying the price for premium diapers as you get what you pay for.
Back when I first started wearing diapers there where no premium diapers and one wetting and you where leaking.
I prefer an all white diaper but have spent the extra for printed diapers.
The young generation of today have it really good when it comes to quality diapers, had we had what’s available today back when I got started wearing 24/7, I’d been in heaven.

I remember when ABDL Diapers started really taking off, back then I started off with Medical Style Diaper brands, and some of the best Medical Style ones can be good

But it seems like "ABDL" is a badge of honor and an assurance of quality; for the most part you can find a good ABDL Diaper company, find something that appeals to you visually and fits and works well

The only exceptions are some of the brands that really only sell you a nice looking Diaper, but what good is that if the function fails?

I tend to stick to ABUniverse the majority of the time, but I have tried others and been impressed and some just dont do it

It seems that the Medical Style Diaper brands are all too prone to becoming worse

Likely in an attempt to move downmarket, get Government fund approved, and sell 10x the number of Diapers

ABDL Brands seem to be committed to keeping the same quality you are used to; if not making improvements

All the while trying to not go up in price too much at any time; like I have been happy with paying for shipping with ABUniverse, it's just like 10% of the order

I would rather pay slightly more for something and it stay the same or improve than for something to lower in quality and then become something I hate and cant rely on

I always order by the case and I hate to say this but I don't wear specific brands, always a mixture, so one night might be a abu brand, then tykables, then a Northshore brand ect… this helps with keeping costs down some since I only buy cases when there is a sale, usually I'll binge buy and order 2-3 cases of one type at a time, then just keep the others in storage until i need them.

For ABDL diaoers, I almost exclusively buy by the case. It's far too expensive otherwise.

The one line in our budget that thankfully is never reduced is for my Diapers as we would rather cut the budget in other places then choose a thinner cheaper diaper that will not work for my incontinence level. Having dry pants and the feeling of being able to trust my diaper to do its job is worth every penny.

I have leaked a few times even with the premium diapers but it was my fault for not changing sooner, I buy in bulk when theres a sale on my last order a few weeks go was for 7 Cases of Crinklz and 3 cases of Betterdry diapers it hurt financially but I can now relax till late fall and hopefully another sale .

I enjoy having a variety of options. Abena overnight are my standard goto with a rearz 1300ml booster for my baby. Super affordable by the case. But the rainbow pride ones are her favorite (rainbows and ponies? Yeah... go figure.) Followed by the purple/violet ones. She's an LSU Tiger so school colors like that make her happy.

My preferred are the bear hugs by changing times diaper company. Makes diaper checks and rediapering very easy. I think rearz is offering landing zone microvelcro tabs also.

I think they're all over priced so I don't wear ABDL diapers often. The cheapest ABDL diapers I can find are Dotty the Pony at Northshorecare and Crinklz and they are even cheaper at llmedico because of free shipping.

I think there's a limit to how much I'm willing to pay for capacity. I mean that's great that a diaper might have the ability to go 10+ hours without a change but how often will I use a diaper to its fullest capacity?

How much is too much?

I love Crinklz but rarely ever push them to their limit. Especially if I need to go out somewhere and I've been in the same wet diaper for a while. 99% of the time I feel icky and smelly from stale pee far before I reach anywhere close to capacity. As such, like many others I like to have a variety for different situations with NorthShore Supreme Lites being what I most often reach for. Good reliable medium capacity, not too expensive, and nice colors when I want to mix things up. I adore prints but also love making my own designs. And these are prime candidates to do so.

I would really like to try things like Little Rawrz and Rearz Barnyard, but can't bring myself to buy them at their case price points.

I'm more likely to buy a mixed ABU case with primarily Preschools and 1-2 bags of Dinorawrz and Bunny Hops added in. If I haven't already bought a case of Supreme Lites from NorthShore.

Sheepies said:
I think there's a limit to how much I'm willing to pay for capacity. I mean that's great that a diaper might have the ability to go 10+ hours without a change but how often will I use a diaper to its fullest capacity?

For me it's a matter of I want to go all day without a change so I wouldn't have to carry any extra supplies with me. But if you are someone who gets a thrill out of needing a clean diaper during the day and changing in the public restroom or getting changed by your caretaker, then I can see why you wouldn't want a diaper w/high capacity.

Since I change every day, it wouldn't matter if I didn't use it to full capacity. That is because of the smell. No matter how good the odor control is, eventually the smell will seep out and start to smell. I also think these are great use for travel or for EU cities because you have to pay to use the restroom. You would only have to pay if you make a bowel movement.

AB diapers aren't practical for me 90% of the time. I wear in public under clothes and the bulk of premium diapers I've tried in the past is just insane for my purpose. I wear Tranquility ATN with a booster and they provide me with a good balance of price, absorbency, crinkle and bulge.

I feel like printed diapers are only fun when taking pictures or someone to share with. My wife doesn't partake so I'd rather fill a diaper that's more on the economy side. With that said, I've ALWAYS wanted to try Kiddo and haven't been able to catch them in stock.

For me, it’s the quality of the product that matters the most. I have no issue paying for something as long as it stands up to the price and quality. That goes for diapers, cars, furniture, clothes, you name it.

Back