Pregnant Women and ABDL diapers?

neophyte

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Just starting some fun conversation for the weekend!

Having witnessed pregnancy first hand (twice) I know that women in their second and third trimester of being pregnant have the urge to pee frequently, suddenly, and often. Some women need to pee 5-9 times at night and I believe they deserve a break and deserve at least a few nights during the last 6 months of pregnancy where they get to stay in bed all night; and not have to worry so much each time they leave the house. My wife would pee right before we left the house, there were many time where just 15 minutes later she had to pee again.

It is not fair that wearing adult or ABDL diapers is still considered shameful and immature. I think a lot of women could benefit from wearing fun and absorbant ABDL diapers during their pregnancy, many would even find some joy in in. For example dotty pink or rearz princess or LFB Little Fantasy!

I've never seen it suggested that pregnant women wear diapers; I think ABDL diapers are becoming more popular and accessible each day so this needs to get out there!!

I'd love to be on the marketing team for a reputable ABDL diaper company!! This needs to become a thing and an option for pregnant women, there's no shame in wearing a diaper! I mean they are already used to wearing and disposing of maxi pads, diapers aren't much different!

PS They could also benefit from wearing diapers in the days following delivery; rather than XL maxi pads; I have seen and heard of women wearing depends after delivery.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChocChip
If I had been ABDL during my wifes pregnancy I would have used it as an opportunity to order diapers for her, play the dumb husband "what this isn't normal? but I read about it and I thought all women did it" and encourage her to try wearing for her benefit!

Possible segue for other in the ABDL closet husbands.

I think the problem is pregnant women don't want to wear something that's associated with the babies they're going to give birth to. It's a problem with the general adult population not wanting to wear something considered infantile, but I think the fact they're going to have a baby would only drive it home for expectant mothers.

My wife wore thick pads late term, but that was it... Except at the hospital, but those were just giant pads and nylon-ish underware. Diapers would have been much easier!

you're not going to sell pregnant women adult baby diaper lover diapers, most of these women don't want to hear the word diapers til 9 months is over and they especially don't want to be wearing something with the same designs.

Last edited:
My wife wore Always Discreets post pregnancy for a couple weeks. She thought they were great for that and the nurses in the hospital did too.

I had them for her leading up to birth but she never used them. She was worried about her water breaking while she was in front of students teaching but she had girl friends telling her it’s not like in the movies and not to worry about it. She ended up being induced any way.

As for using them to pee in I can tell you that was never going to happen.

AAO said:
As for using them to pee in I can tell you that was never going to happen.

I guess that's the big debate. I may be biased but I think people have the wrong idea about adult diapers and using them in practical situations.

Why is it wrong for a pregnant woman who is borderline IC to wear a diaper? Stigma.
I, and most doctors, believe that pregnant women should do all that they can to reduce stress.

But I also agree with you, most women would rather stress and run to a restroom constantly than pee a few ounces in a cute diaper.

Which sucks, having a cart full of groceries or a bunch of clothes to try on and you have to stop what your doing, drop it all, leave the store to go find a restroom... sometimes 2 or 3 times in an hour.

Last edited:
neophyte said:
Having witnessed pregnancy first hand (twice) I know that women in their second and third trimester of being pregnant have the urge to pee frequently, suddenly, and often. Some women need to pee 5-9 times at night and I believe they deserve a break and deserve at least a few nights during the last 6 months of pregnancy where they get to stay in bed all night; and not have to worry so much each time they leave the house. My wife would pee right before we left the house, there were many time where just 15 minutes later she had to pee again.

No, "maternity diapers" are definitely a thing. Not only is the bladder confined to have very little space to expand, but if the baby kicks or moves, that could easily hit the bladder and lead to an unplanned evacuation. The only thing I really wonder about is, considering the huge "baby bump" in the later months, just how well will a diaper fit and stay on? It's like the clothes some of the cartoon characters wear, where their body is basically like an upside-down triangle. When you have no waist, how do you keep your pants up without suspenders?

All clothes are very stretchy, waste on pants go to well over the belly button, shirts hang low, panties do no extend over the belly

bambinod said:
No, "maternity diapers" are definitely a thing. Not only is the bladder confined to have very little space to expand, but if the baby kicks or moves, that could easily hit the bladder and lead to an unplanned evacuation. The only thing I really wonder about is, considering the huge "baby bump" in the later months, just how well will a diaper fit and stay on? It's like the clothes some of the cartoon characters wear, where their body is basically like an upside-down triangle. When you have no waist, how do you keep your pants up without suspenders?
They could design a maternity nappy specifically to address these issues... marketing such a product would help normalise it as well!

Reactions: neophyte
neophyte said:
Why is it wrong for a pregnant woman who is borderline IC to wear a diaper? Stigma.
I, and most doctors, believe that pregnant women should do all that they can to reduce stress.

But I also agree with you, most women would rather stress and run to a restroom constantly than pee a few ounces in a cute diaper.
Wearing a pad to catch leaks would be one thing. She did that. But yes, unless you are someone who enjoys diapers, I think there is a stigma attached to actually admitting that you need to wear a diaper and use it.

AAO said:
I think there is a stigma attached to actually admitting that you need to wear a diaper and use it.

True, although being pregnant is an excuse for a great many exceptional behaviors.

bambinod said:
True, although being pregnant is an excuse for a great many exceptional behaviors.

I agree and that's a foot in the door.

Some say I am beating a dead horse, I disagree. Put a pack of cute and mature pink/purple diapers in the baby isle with other nursing products, package and label them accordingly and people will start to become accepting.

This could be a simple as Depends moving their womens briefs over to the maternity section, they do that with a lot of various products (multiple isles).

Turns out there are several forums and discussions between some expectant mothers; there is a market... !!

https://community.babycenter.com/post/a52311586/adult_diapers_for_pregnant_women
https://community.babycenter.com/post/a22602727/i_have_to_wear_depends_now

Last edited:
bambinod said:
It is if you already want to do them before you were pregnant. My wife wants to make late night ice cream runs all the time. Being pregnant was a good excuse to do it. She doesn’t have the desire to wear diapers all the time. If it were I that was pregnant, I would have probably gone 24/7 and had an excuse to give for it.

ChocChip said:
They could design a maternity nappy specifically to address these issues... marketing such a product would help normalise it as well!
It's all ready on the market. It's called a maxi pads ....my wife used the whisl she was pregnant.....

neophyte said:
Just starting some fun conversation for the weekend!

It is not fair that wearing adult or ABDL diapers is still considered shameful and immature. I think a lot of women could benefit from wearing fun and absorbant ABDL diapers during their pregnancy, many would even find some joy in in. For example dotty pink or rearz princess or LFB Little Fantasy!

I've never seen it suggested that pregnant women wear diapers; I think ABDL diapers are becoming more popular and accessible each day so this needs to get out there!!

I'd love to be on the marketing team for a reputable ABDL diaper company!! This needs to become a thing and an option for pregnant women, there's no shame in wearing a diaper! I mean they are already used to wearing and disposing of maxi pads, diapers aren't much different!

PS They could also benefit from wearing diapers in the days following delivery; rather than XL maxi pads; I have seen and heard of women wearing depends after delivery.

View attachment 33300
My older sister wore a nappy for each of 4 pregnancies & for several months after too.

bambinod said:

Oh pregnant privilege lol.

@russell100, Just curious, buy why did you quote someone else yet not say something yourself.

Last edited:
Slomo said:
@russell100, Just curious, buy why did you quote someone else yet not say something yourself.
russell100's post was slipped into the quote tags, not after them. If you compare the reply to the post it quotes, there is a final sentence added. It's not common but I see it a lot more often on the new forum than the old. I'm not sure what's driving that.

Back