Potty training

Status
Not open for further replies.

GolfCub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
How do you think kids should potty train? How old were you when you trained? I was eight.

LilByte

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
How do you think kids should potty train? How old were you when you trained? I was eight.
8??!?!?!?! I wish I was 8 I can't even fully remember being in diapers/pullups at all. Tho I have some memories where I had to of been in them(I was potty trained late 2 or early 3 I think).

As for age kids should be trained I don't know, what ever age they are ready i guess.

mattyd

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Wow. I would figure your parents would have run into issues with schools not letting you attend due to still being in diapers. I know that's a common problem with troublesome potty training. I probably was 3 or 4. I know it was around that time because my mom put me back in diapers one night because I had horrible diarrhea. I remember waking up in the middle of the night having to go pee badly and paced up and down the hall not knowing what to do (I didn't know how to pull the diapers off). Ended up having to go potty in the diaper. Then the next morning my mom almost forgot I was in diapers, so I had to wait around until my brother was off to school. I'm sure this experience mixed with being a regular bed wetter (at least once a week or more) encouraged the desire for diapers.

MonkeyDoodle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I think I was potty trained at age 2 or 3 but I remember my mum would sometimes make me wear pull ups if we were going on a long journey, around the age of 6 and 8.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Funny, I'm still working on it. I know that typically, kids become potty trained at age 3. That was the age ours achieved it. Usually, parents will take their child into the bathroom and ask them if they need to go. Then they'll sit them on the potty chair and hope for success. It takes a long time, but kids eventually figure it out.

ILoveDora

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
2 or 3? I honestly can't remember that long ago, and believe me, I usually have excellent photgraphic memory.

GolfCub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
It took so long because of my developmental disabilities. I've never been reliably dry at night. I also have poor vision, FAS, and nystagmus. Despite all that I still excel at my job and tournament golf.

EagleScout

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
  4. Carer
I was potty trained at 16 or 18 months. I have an older brother and we are 11 months apart. My parents decided to kill two birds with one stone and potty train us both. I remember wearing the white goodnites till age 6 or so. I also remember at age 8 my best friend was a bedwetter and his mom made me wear a goodnite anytime I stayed the night.

w0lfpack91

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
i was capable of Toilet training by 5 but was not out of diapers till 11 and pullups by 14. (i had emotional Complications that prevented me from actually useing a toilet) my brother was trained at age 4 but still remained in pullups 24/7 till 6 and since then and still today at 9 he is as needed + Bedwetting. my son was fully trained by 3 but still wears after an accident and 24/7 on weekends (i forsee him being in them for a while yet its a Peterson male Curse. my grandad wet bed till 12, my dad till 13, myself till 16, my brother is still going at , so i forsee pullups in the boys future for quite some years to come.

but for my personal opinion there is no set age to potty train, anyone who has been around and or raised multiple young children know that Children are ready at diffrent ages, say there are Hypothetialy two kids same birth day and year one could be trained as young as 2 the other cant control their Blatter till 5 it really differs from kid to kid. kids are not one size fits all no two kids are even remotley alike.

KimbaFoxNatsume

Pokemon Trainer in, err, Training... Pants
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I was 2. I have no memories of it however, so I can only go by what my mother says. I remember her saying she started training me before I was 2, but I don't think she really did anything serious until right around my second birthday. I've seen a home video from the Christmas I was 2; I had just celebrated my birthday. In it my mother comes to get me from my crib, and I say ''Potty.'' However I'm allowed to go straight to opening my presents without visiting the potty, so I imagine I was wearing a diaper and used it.

I used to be rather proud of the fact I had an easy toilet training at a younger age, but does it really matter now that I find myself back in diapers?

ClandestineWing

Gomamon Supreme(ly diapered)
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
Trained and out of diapers completely at 2. Nothing too noteworthy to remember from my experience; I was just ready. The training process is almost set in stone; children are ready for it at their own pace. By at least age 3 is my personally preferred time frame, considering there isn't something drastic going on that potty training would only compound problems upon (moving, loss of a loved one, etc.)

LoFiCopter

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I was out of diapers during the day pretty early, like 2 or 3. But I kept having daytime accidents into my teens. Less frequently once I turned 11, 12ish but still. It was very embarassing.

I had even bigger problems with bedwetting. That was a frequent problem well into my teens and I wore diapers at night until I was 7 or 8 and sort of forced out of them. The wetting continued so its really quite logical how I came to enjoy diapers later on. And not just wearing them, but explicitly being made to wear them by someone. It's what I subconciously wanted to happen when I was little.

KidBoruto

Playful Explorer
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I was potty trained pee wise around age 3 or 4, but I still wore diapers for #2 until I turned 6 I believe.

As for when kids should be potty trained, I guess before age six?

LilBabyHood

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'll assume I was 4 or 5 with my first ever recollection of anything. what's strange? it was a conversation with my older sister about what I liked most about being little. My reply still bewilders me to this day. also, I wonder often if she ever recalls the same. I told her that I liked diapers, yet I was already potty trained by that memory. damn my brain... couldn't have picked something better? like watching Dexter's Lab and eating frosted flakes?! no... eh well, I'm here now, the way I am. :biggrin:

P.S. I'm new here, so... HELLO!

TheWolfEmperor

Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Not entirely sure if I'm being honest. But I had four younger brothers and in their potty training was probably a simple matter of division. However many brothers the younger one saw peeing and pooping, the quicker they were to train.

In my mind the definition of "potty training" can be broadened. In my mind, simply knowing when and where to pee and poop isn't being fully trained. It's knowing how to interpret the signals of your body so you can anticipate urges and plan to take care of them. It's knowing the proper way to clean yourself after an accident as well as a successful trip to the toilet or other appropriate place as even fully grown adults can have accidents if the circumstances aren't in their favor.

For example, I was still withholding my poop to the point that my parents still had to closely monitor my bowel functions. I was seven or eight during this time and it could be interpreted that I was not entirely toilet trained if I was still having a hard time prioritizing my need to poop.

LilBabyHood

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
In my mind the definition of "potty training" can be broadened. In my mind, simply knowing when and where to pee and poop isn't being fully trained. It's knowing how to interpret the signals of your body so you can anticipate urges and plan to take care of them. It's knowing the proper way to clean yourself after an accident as well as a successful trip to the toilet or other appropriate place as even fully grown adults can have accidents if the circumstances aren't in their favor.

I actually like that explanation. If so, I was definitely not potty trained by that memory of mine. Simply out of diapers and trusted enough to not wet. "prioritizing poop", good sir, I like your writing style.

also, it feels a little embarrassing for me reading over what I typed just now.

I would send a friend request, though I'm still getting used to this site's layout.

tai

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I was 2 when i was poty trained but im partially incontent so diaper are still a necessary thing.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I think most kids up through at least age 12 or 13 would have an accident if they had to go all day without using the potty. My middle school year book even had someone anonymously share a story about wetting his/her pants in class because the teacher wouldn't let the person out (they had an embarrassing moments section. Other highlights included the kid who had an entire tray of beans spilled all over him and the girl who claimed that she ran up and kissed the wrong boy in the hallway, full on the lips).

Anyway, since I think most kids would wet if you made them hold it long enough, I'd define potty training as being able to tell when you need to pee or poo with enough time in advance that you can consistently make it to the potty, even if you're forced to wait a little bit.

Edit: Oh and by my own definition, I was potty-trained at age 2. I had almost no accidents, although I did have at least one accident when I was 6 and didn't want to stop playing video games to go pee.

Status
Not open for further replies.