Potty Training... Too old, too young, or just right?

As the title asks.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
How do you reflect upon your age during your potty-training? Did you potty train too late, too early, or at a good time?

I think I was trained too late, and that influenced me into becoming who I am in this lifestyle. How about you?

EDIT: What I mean by this is that I always subconsciously liked diapers, but I wore them to a very late age (about seven) due to stress as a young child. If I was trained earlier, I might not be this way now.

Last edited:

spddan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
I was potty trained when I was 4 years old, but for me, that was too early! With my neurological impairments, it was hard for me to be able to accurately gauge how badly I needed to go, and I felt no discomfort in a dirty diaper. I was not ready to train, but I had to in order to be able to attend school that next year.

Good poll idea, though.

babyboy

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Don't know if it was to early to late or what, but the only thing I remember was it was a summer day, I wanted to go out and play, but I was not allowed to because I was "being pottied trained" I still remember thinking what did I do wrong to be punished like this (not being allowed to go out side) to my young mind then I saw the whole day as a punishment.

Suspence

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I wanted to wear Pull Ups after I was fully trained so I'm pretty sure I was rushed through it

Calico

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
I was three when I quit wearing and had accidents until age five.

Viggo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I was pottytrained at 4, but wasn't completely out of diapers until I was 5. Accidents and stuff.

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I actually have no idea when I was potty trained, I have no recollection of being in diapers as a young child, and I think my earliest memory comes from when I was about 3, since I can remember the house we lived in at the time, which I lived in until I was four.

That, and I never actually asked my parents about when I was potty trained, and it's probably something that I won't ask.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
  4. Other
From what I was told by my mom when we were trying to train our first born, I was daytime trained at just over 3. (of course it wore off a few years later). Her point was that we shouldn't push him. Let the kid decide when he or she is ready.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Potty trained around 2 or 3, not sure if that was to early but like spddan I had to get trained to go to pre-school. I had accidents up to age 9.

Hex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Sissy
[font="Calibri,Arial"]I don't have much memory of potty training.

I know I was potty trained in the daytime at 3. No memory of this at all, except being shown the potty for the first time.

My memories are less clear on nightime, but I do have clear memories of both wearing underwear to bed around 3/4, and wearing pull ups to bed at 5, so I guess night time took more than one attempt.[/font]

Angusmac

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
I don't know if I was trained too early or too late...I just know that I was difficult to potty train. I remember the older kids nextdoor used to tease me for having accidents in my pants...and somewhere there is a picture of me playing outside in a diaper at the age of 3.5 or 4. I definately had my share of pants wetting accidents in preschool...but never after that.

Wet the bed once or twice before the age of 7...but never after that...and never frequently enough to be put in night time diapers for it.

-Gus

Gil

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm not sure if I was considered a "late bloomer" when it comes to toilet training. Of course, my parents thought it was the most horrible thing in the world that I would still be in diapers at age 4. But nowadays, it doesn't seem that uncommon. I do remember that I did not want to use the potty, and found it easier to use diapers instead.

Slycamer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
potty trained as i have said before at age 2 and dang i remeber it! i hated the tought of them (some things change big time for until i forgot they existed then i got a little cousen.
anyway i say way two early

Spaz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
My parents potty trained me when I was 2.5. I had too many accidents to recount as a child and continue to do so as an adult. Way way way too early. In fact, you could say I was never completely potty trained. Late bloomer and neurological problems.
Spaz

angelabauer

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
My memory starts after I was toilet trained. I do remember all that for my younger brother and two younger sisters, so I believe my Mom when she says I was out of day diapers at 32 months and night diapers at 34 months. However, my bladder, like my sisters', was small and over active. I do remember at 46 months when Mom changed my diaper at the 1968 Renaissance Faire. She says she asked me nicely to wear a diaper for that because it was so difficult to get enough of my Faire costume out of the way to use a porta-potty called "Privies" at Ren Faire.

Customizer

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I was toilet trained at a little over 3 years old. The process went more smoothly with cotton trainer underwear than with Pull-Ups. No trauma or drama went down. Parents simply said they were done buying diapers. I had one bed wetting accident during toilet training where I soaked the bedsheets, but learned quickly after a good scolding that getting up to pee was easier. I cooperated as best I could and the results were great within a few weeks.

My cousin in California, however, wore diapers to bed until he was 5 because his mother was lazy with potty training and enforced abusive discipline and an argumentative attitude with my cousin that did not work. The father abandoned the family long ago. No stable father figure has stood the test of time in the family. He is now 18, I believe. And yes, back in the '90s, many diapers had a plastic outer shell.

Last edited:
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
im really not sure on when i was potty trained, maybe it was late maybe it was early, i really dont know and that is a subject i myself dont want to bring up with my mother

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I was potty trained sometime while I was four. I remember wearing diapers to preschool. I still wore diapers to bed for another 8 years, finally stopped wetting the bed when I was 12.

tommy

Status
Not open for further replies.