Potty training but still in a diaper?

AJFan2020 said:
My mother used to put a Pamper in my underwear without taping it in place. That was in the early 80s when I was around five to five-and-a-half years old. That was before pull-ups existed by a number of years.

This essentially functioned like a pull-up (at least most of the time). It wasn’t perfect, though. I seem to remember being found out in preschool when I was wearing underwear with elastics that were too loose in the leg area and the small to medium size Pamper fell out. Fortunately it was dry at the time. I’m guessing that avoiding this problem is why the Goodnites inserts that I used to see for sale in some local drug stores had some type of adhesive on the back.
Just FYI this Inserts were made to be used with Tru-Fits underwear, which I think flopped because there would still be waste (the Pad)

and they may not have saved Parents from washing underwear, though hopefully if they worked there at least wouldn't be Wet sheets, so I guess partial laundry reduction?

Reactions: KrankyPants
BabyTyrant said:
Just FYI this Inserts were made to be used with Tru-Fits underwear, which I think flopped because there would still be waste (the Pad)

and they may not have saved Parents from washing underwear, though hopefully if they worked there at least wouldn't be Wet sheets, so I guess partial laundry reduction?
Speaking of which, I think the new menstrual pad looking inserts are gonna flop because a lot of reviewers' opinions are "I don't like the idea of my son wearing a maxi pad in his underwear!" 😁

KrankyPants said:
I know and those ears! She's dressed in such a unique way. Like a cute, little, furry IT professional. ❤️ I'm a little jealous though, I woke up with a wet shirt this morning cuz my diaper leaked... I wonder if Marka still wears diapers to bed. 🤔
Awww bless you. Did you put a clean diaper on before going to bed?

KrankyPants said:
Speaking of which, I think the new menstrual pad looking inserts are gonna flop because a lot of reviewers' opinions are "I don't like the idea of my son wearing a maxi pad in his underwear!" 😁
Yeah I don’t think they really knew what they were doing when they made those. Those aren’t gonna do squat against a bedwetter. Those would be better suited for kids who still have minor dribbles in their undies during the day.

DiaperedChase said:
Awww bless you. Did you put a clean diaper on before going to bed?
I diddy. I think I just had too much water before bed. I was really thirsty and even after cutting off water two hours before bed when I tried to go potty I didn't have to go pee a lot, which was weird. Then I put on my night diaper. What shocked me is when I woke up my diaper was really wet and I woke up needing to pee really badly. If you wet the bed, does that ever happen to you too where your diaper is almost completely wet but you wake up with a full bladder?

• Wow
Reactions: DiaperedChase
Whoa, yeah that’s not common. Logic dictates that if you go during the night, particularly if you’ve done enough to leak, then you shouldn’t have to go in the morning.

I found this little schedule in another potty training book (this one for parents) that also has me a bit curious.

Again, for the blind, I'll transcribe what's relevant: The book assumes the child is still sleeping in a diaper (and also napping in one) and is talking about the "let 'em go nude" method otherwise, but... for some reason, the morning section has the child in a diaper until breakfast is eaten. I understand getting the bedtime diaper off for the sake of avoiding rash, but why let the kid wear a diaper for about an hour and a half in the morning?

Attachments

• 2021-08-07.png
    2021-08-07.png
    439.2 KB · Views: 32
PurpleScorpion said:
I found this little schedule in another potty training book (this one for parents) that also has me a bit curious.

Again, for the blind, I'll transcribe what's relevant: The book assumes the child is still sleeping in a diaper (and also napping in one) and is talking about the "let 'em go nude" method otherwise, but... for some reason, the morning section has the child in a diaper until breakfast is eaten. I understand getting the bedtime diaper off for the sake of avoiding rash, but why let the kid wear a diaper for about an hour and a half in the morning?
They let time for the child to fully wake up and be ready for the real potty training period, my brother told me most kids under age 4 take around 60 to 90 minutes to be fully awake and conscious of what is happening, think about a lot of adults before drinking their morning coffee aren't exactly awake (myself included)

Reactions: AJFan2020
I never heard of being in diapers while being potty trained I have heard of pull-ups training pants.
I guess if you look at it they are both the same but the difference is diapers holds more than pull-ups. Mean pull-ups one good squirt it's done did its job might be lucky to get two good squirts in it diapers on the other hand you can put six to eight good squirts in it may even get more in them like ten good squirts

It could just be that a child is in the very beginning stages of potty training, like a parent is getting the child used to the idea of using the potty. Perhaps the child is only using it once or twice a day, such as when they first wake up, or right before a bath when their diaper is off. A parent could simply be waiting to see if their child is going to "stick" to the idea of potty training before investing in training pants/pull-ups. Children are also quite fickle, so what seems exciting for a day or two (Yes, let's use the potty! Sounds great!) suddenly loses interest and they aren't yet ready.

PurpleScorpion said:

Well, lots of kids poop first thing in the morning/after breakfast, too, and while potty training books will say bowel control is easier for kids to master, the reality is for many, no its not. Kids like the security of being able to poop in a diaper and many will learn to pee on the potty before learning to poop.

Reactions: denis97y and CookieMonstah
Back