Status
Not open for further replies.

shertion

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
It was, I don't know why they did that. They did talk about getting bedwetting diapers like GoodNites and stuff but never actually did it. Looking back, I wish they had done that...

prettybaby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I remember potty training at about age 4, and being able to go myself at that time. At the time I liked being able to go so that I could just play all the time and not have to worry about diaper changes.

I couldn't help wetting the bed at night though, so I wore pull ups. I really struggled to be able to wake up dry. Sometimes it was right as I was waking up that I would wet, or the wetting would wake me up.. I was never rushed though.

My mom wasn't worried about me wetting at night because it wasn't going to interfere with me while I was at school. I think I finally was able to stop wetting them at night my kindergarten year, when I was 6. I really enjoyed pull ups at night, but my mom started to say things like "Uh oh!! your little sister might be out of pullups before you!!" and that was enough for me lol

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I remember potty training at about age 4, and being able to go myself at that time. At the time I liked being able to go so that I could just play all the time and not have to worry about diaper changes.

Being able to go anytime, anywhere seems more convenient to me? ;)

I can't find it, but there's a demotivator poster that says "DEPENDS" (picture of adult diaper) "When nature calls, take a message"

TypicalFloof

Little floof in a big world
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Well, I was potty trained when I was 2 1/2 or 3ish. Less than a year after that, I began to want very much to be in diapers again. I think it was a combination of a younger brother in diapers and my young age when I was potty trained.

Vaccine

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
As a parent of two potty-trained kids, I'll say that while I believe it's important for a child to want to potty-train, I also believe that it's completely possible to make them want to, and without it seeming forced. You have to set aside your privacy for a little while and let them see you use the potty. Children are compulsive copycats, and what they see you doing, they'll want to do. I think part of the reason kids seem to be training later these days is that everybody has gotten overly-private with this stuff, even with their own kids. If a child has never (or very seldom) seen an older sibling or a parent using the potty, they're going to be apprehensive about it.

You've just brought back memories of my younger siblings' potty training, my parents made my brother (who is 3 years my junior) watch me go every time I went for about 3-4 months (maybe more but I don't now) as he was being potty trained. I basically would tell him to come to the bathroom with me anytime I had to go and he'd come to the bathroom (but I got to close the door) and just watch, he was trained fairly quickly as I remember it.

My own personal potty training happened around 3 years old, but I wet the bed well past 10, I only really stopped wetting it regularly in 7th grade and haven't had a real accident (unintentional bed-wetting) since 9th grade.

kennyrallen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
You've just brought back memories of my younger siblings' potty training, my parents made my brother (who is 3 years my junior) watch me go every time I went for about 3-4 months (maybe more but I don't now) as he was being potty trained. I basically would tell him to come to the bathroom with me anytime I had to go and he'd come to the bathroom (but I got to close the door) and just watch, he was trained fairly quickly as I remember it.

My own personal potty training happened around 3 years old, but I wet the bed well past 10, I only really stopped wetting it regularly in 7th grade and haven't had a real accident (unintentional bed-wetting) since 9th grade.

I think that showing is the best way of potty-training. Be it an older brother/sister or parent.

PlasticPant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I believe I was potty trained very eary - judging by photos (that have dates on the back of them), possibly by 18 months. This kind of stacks up, as I was the third of four kids, and my parents aren't exactly the most patient of people. By 3 years old I can remember having a diaper/nappy interest, and was found trying to put myself back into a nappy/plastic pants - though clearly didn't have strong enough fingers to do nappy pins, or get folds correct.

bugguy6970

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I don't really know about my own potty training but I can tell you about my daughter. At about 2 and a half we started using pull-ups which was wishful thinking because she never used the potty. It wasn't until right before she was 3 that she started going to the bathroom. I never forced it and let it happen on its own. Within a month after her third birthday she was completely trained day and night. It was kind of crazy that it happened so quickly with no accidents after that. I think this is partly because it was on her terms. I am very thankful that she never has accidents as I read many stories of children still wetting the bed even occasionally.

JOCKMAN

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I was potty trained I think by age 3. I still had a few accidents a year (I think) because I had a plastic mattress cover on my bed until I was about 11 years old. At age 8 I had a series of accidents sleeping over my best friend's house and his mother put me in protective undergarments which I am thankful to this day. I do not recall my parents ever mentioning they knew about this but I do recall asking my mother if I could take the plastic mattress cover off my bed (one of my friends sat on my bed when I was about 9 and made a strange face) but she said "let's just wait a bit longer" so I never said anything after that. The cover did disappear one day when I was about 11 or 12.

TheEpicTuba

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
  7. Other
Not that you have to believe me, but according to my adopted parents I was potty trained at about one and a half. Yeah, apparently it really wasn't hard for them to "train" me. Seance then I've only ever had 4 accidents. No one ever knew about any of them. And I guess when your knocked out and given a concussion, an accident really doesn't count does it?

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
You've just brought back memories of my younger siblings' potty training, my parents made my brother (who is 3 years my junior) watch me go every time I went for about 3-4 months (maybe more but I don't now) as he was being potty trained.

never heard of that before, but that's an awesome idea...

Inconinmiss

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Considering your age, I'm curious to know what it was like being IC growing up back then, if you don't mind sharing. I assume there were no disposables...

You're right that I wore cloth diapers as a child. There was nothing special about them, just ordinary pin-on cloth diapers. As a small child, I wore rubber pants that I remember came in a cardboard tube. I can still remember what they smelled like when they were new and fresh out of the tube - kind of like baby powder, but not exactly. However, before my bedwetting stopped, plastic pants came out, and I started wearing them.

I became incontinent as the result of a medical mishap when I was 14. I wore cloth diapers and plastic pants for that until disposables came out and became reliable enough to count on keeping my pants dry on the outside, about 25 years ago.

WBxx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
You're right that I wore cloth diapers as a child. There was nothing special about them, just ordinary pin-on cloth diapers. As a small child, I wore rubber pants that I remember came in a cardboard tube. I can still remember what they smelled like when they were new and fresh out of the tube - kind of like baby powder, but not exactly. However, before my bedwetting stopped, plastic pants came out, and I started wearing them.

I became incontinent as the result of a medical mishap when I was 14. I wore cloth diapers and plastic pants for that until disposables came out and became reliable enough to count on keeping my pants dry on the outside, about 25 years ago.

Now days folks that remember rubber pants are few and far between. I have faint memories of them from the early fifties. Even as a youngster the “babyish” aroma you reference as well as the stretchiness of the pants was very special for me. I also remember a smooth, thin rubber sheet with similar properties. Wish I could go back and relive that period for a day or two.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Well, if I had a little boy (which I hope to God I never do, since that would require me to become *gasp* pregnant), he wouldn't even know the word "potty," let alone how to use one, until well past age 3, and possibly 4 or 5 if homeschooled. I am of the mind that, because males and females should be as different as the east is from the west, girls should begin potty-training around 18 months, since I myself started at 15 months, and be introduced to potty stories but never "forced" or "spanked." Boys, on the other hand, should have at least three birthdays, and possibly more, in tab diapers and never go through the "potty chair stage" at all! It's like, what's the point of training a little bitty boy that early when you know he's too young to enter the men's room without his dad and will just take-up another of our precious ladies' room toilets by going with his mom? I'm in favor of boys wearing diapers unless and until they're old enough to enter and use the men's room by themselves (yes, even if that means 6 or 7 years old).

I wish they would phase-out boys' potty chairs with reflectors, in addition to Size 2-3 PullUps and cloth briefs, because they shouldn't even be thinking about the potty, let alone using it, when they're too small for Size 4 and the real toilet! I don't care how intelligent a boy is or how much he hates wet/messy diapers, he should wear them for at least 3 years to keep him from training sooner than "girls" like me. I was 33 months when I got out of diapers, the delay mostly due to bowel training issues, so I like the thought of keeping all XY boys with P-words, no matter how "ready" they may be, in diapers for at least 3 years. But like I said, I hope I never have to face that decision because the thought of getting pregnant is more frightening to me than that of being abducted by aliens!!! In fact, I think I'd rather die, because I'm like Patrick Henry, and pregnancy would be anything but "liberty" for me, lol!:laugh:

Then there's always the option of homeschooling, as do many Christian families, or delaying enrollment until the child is potty-trained, thus beginning their school years with whatever grade they're chronologically supposed to be in (grade=age-5, according to how old they were on August 31st). I, for one, didn't enter kindergarten until I was well over 6 due, in part, to my need to be wiped after a BM, as well as what was then diagnosed as Attention Deficit Disorder. Why does everyone assume they "have to" send their kids to school? Whatever happened to old-fashioned, stay-at-home moms like my own with more than enough intelligence to teach elementary school?

Based on that, I'd say it works out pretty well that you don't want to get pregnant/be a parent.

To the thread's question, I was trained pretty early. I don't recall much about it. I had few accidents either waking or sleeping. I don't think that potty training has anything to do with me being an ABDL in that my initial interest in diapers wasn't centered around wetting them. It took years before that was a part of my diaper experience and it's now a thing that is enjoyable in its own right rather than as compensation or replacement for something I might feel that I had lost. I won't say that potty training couldn't be significant for anyone but to the extent that I'm capable to judge, I don't think it had any major effect on me.

Dan09

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
From the tidbits of info I've been able to get from my family without asking outright, I'm pretty sure I was potty trained during the day around 2.5-3 years old.

I did wet the bed off and on until I was about 7, but I almost never wore any sort of diapers to bed. Only when we would stay at my grandma's house (something I did a lot as a kid), on vacations/hotels and stuff did I ever wear anything. For the most part my mom usually just had me wear some sort of pull ups back then. Although there is one family story that gets told every now and then where I ended up having to wear my cousin's tab style diapers for an entire week at bedtime while we were on vacation in Florida.

Even though that was towards the endpoint of where I was still having bedwetting problems, And by that point I was barely wetting once a week or so, for some reason that week in Florida my body rebelled and I wet at night a few times in a row. My mom ended up borrowing one of the diapers my cousin was still in at the time and apparently thought the situation was desperate enough to have me wear them to bed for the remainder of the trip.

Status
Not open for further replies.