Potty Training at what age..

Status
Not open for further replies.

boredofwheelchair

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I wasnt potty trained til i was 3-3 and a half because of my disability i was a little bit of a late starter bare in mind this would have been the early 90s i know i did have accidents and i even remember mum kept a pack of nappies in my bedroom cuboard til i was at least 4 or 5 or maybe even 6 all i remember was they were plastic backed pampers in blue packaging

ab123dl456

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I was a bit of a late trainer, so I think I was out of pull-ups by 5 at the latest. I only had 1 accident in kindergarden, but I did wet the bed until I was 6 ish :sweatdrop:

stillnotdry

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
WOW All these perfert potty trained kids. For me it was a battle and i wet the bed till i was 13 and still had poop accidents up till 12. I have lots of memeories orf suppositories and laxatives maybe thats what gave me an anal fixation . And many hours sitting on the toilet being coaxed to go .
Still I got to wear diapers at least at night.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
wow I guess there aint many of us kids that were hard to train then. I remember being potty trained at about 4 I think. I was scared of the loo till I was 4 whenever it would flush I would run away. I still didn't like going to the loo on my own without someone standing outside till I was 7.

even though I was trained at about 4 I also had a lot of accidents at school and such. motly at night tho * I alwas had the potty dream * the dream where you dreamt you were sitting on the loo having a wee. but while you wee dreaming this, you were wetting in your sleep.

unfortuanatly I never had to wear diapers for some reason. my foster parents didn't seem to mind constantly changing my bed.

they tried all sorts of things to stop me wetting at night. they stoped me drinking anything after 7pm. that was horrible as I was so thirsty by the time I went to bed and when I woke up in the morning. the first thing I did was get a drink of water from the tap in he bathroom.

but yeah it wasn't a pleasant experience for me. I still sometimes have the rare accident. but im carefull and I alwas make sure theres a loo nearby when im going out somewhere.

T

BebbyDoll

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Carer
I was potty trained before I was 2. My mom said I knew when to go and after would still come and ask for a diaper to wear so I could go, but I'm sure that didn't go over well. Even so, I wet the bed on and off for a number of years after that, happening fewer times each year until I was about 10 or 11. Never was put in diapers for it though. I remember wanting to wear diapers again around my 7th birthday although I had thought about bottle using and such before then. My family always called me a baby for having a blanket and sucking my thumb a night and. Think hearing it so much made me imagine things that didn't seem so bad after all. I think that's why I till randomly seek out feeling embarrassed over things just because the embarrassment and guilt accompany the oh-so-good feelings too.

oleman72

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
It was so long ago for me I don't remember when I was trained. All I remember about it was using a potty chair until my parents bought their first house. That was when
I started using a toilet. I was five years old when that happened.

loadedpamperman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I know I was trained not long after turning 2, and I never had a lot of accidents that I can recall afterwards....but I first got caught intentionally 'pooping' my pants when I was 6 or so. I have no idea why I was always attracted to this type of thing. Funny part is that due to a few medical issues I started to wet the bed over 10 years ago, and that is something I've tried to rectify with no success, though once in a while I will wake up dry.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My teachers told me wait until the child's ready. Of course after 5 i'd start pushing more and more for the child's own protection from schoolmates.

many daycare/preschool and pretty much all 1st grade insist on having the kid potty trained before entrollment

kennyrallen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
many daycare/preschool and pretty much all 1st grade insist on having the kid potty trained before entrollment

I think the whole thing about potty training to go to school is the schools don't want to deal with changing diapers. There are kids that do wear diapers and do go to school like everyone else.
There are also kids that should be in diapers and aren't. The ones who have to put up with being teased about pants wetting.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I think the whole thing about potty training to go to school is the schools don't want to deal with changing diapers. There are kids that do wear diapers and do go to school like everyone else.
There are also kids that should be in diapers and aren't. The ones who have to put up with being teased about pants wetting.

Sounds entirely reasonable. They're not there to deal with potty training your kid. Often times they're not physically set up for diaper changes anyway. It's not a daycare, it's a school, the kids are there to learn. If I were a principal in a school and parents were asking me to admit in their non-potty-trained kid to 1st grade I'd be telling them to get their kid fit for school before the term starts.

DrSocks

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I don't remember potty training at all myself...but what I've heard from family, including my mom and grandma, I trained pretty darn early. I was more or less out of diapers during the day right around my 2nd birthday.

I did wet the bed until I was around 6-7ish, but for whatever reason I almost never wore any sort of protection to bed, except for the occasional pull up when sleeping somewhere other than our own house (hotels, relatives houses, etc). Those old pull ups ended up being the first 'diapers' I found later on as a kid, as they didn't get tossed out after I stopped wearing them to bed.

buridan

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I don't know how old I was when I was potty trained during the day, but I know that I stopped wearing diapers at night at age four. I also know that I was reluctant to give up wearing diapers at night. I'm not sure why I felt this way, but I think that even after I was regularly waking up dry, I was afraid that I'd wet the bed if I didn't have a diaper on.

My parents didn't want to force me to give up night diapers before I agreed that I was ready. They weren't above manipulation, though. My mom tried to shame me into giving up night diapers by pointing out the diapers she'd bought for my soon-to-be-born sister. She told me that my baby sister would be wearing diapers just like me. This had no effect.

My dad's strategy was more successful. He explained that diapers were expensive, and if the family didn't have to pay for them, we could go for longer summer vacations. Would I give up night diapers if that meant longer family vacations? Was I ready? I loved our summer vacations, so I said yes.

I'm sure that money is a large part of the reason that most parents want their kids toilet trained sooner rather than later.

leery

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I was potty trained around the time I was three. I did wear pullups for bed until I was five but I still kept wetting the bed until I was 12. It was always a stressful experience waking up cold in the middle of the night, trying to fix the situation before anyone would even notice. With that said, one shouldn't completely force a kid out of diapers if the need is still there.

kennyrallen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I was potty trained around the time I was three. I did wear pullups for bed until I was five but I still kept wetting the bed until I was 12. It was always a stressful experience waking up cold in the middle of the night, trying to fix the situation before anyone would even notice. With that said, one shouldn't completely force a kid out of diapers if the need is still there.

12 Is when my bed wetting started again. Then it never stopped.
Stress does play a big roll in it.

jamie72

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I was out of diapers during the day by the time I was three, but still used them in the night until I was eight. I continued to have nightime accidents until my early teens.

Inconinmiss

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I was out of diapers when I was 2, but I had fairly frequent pants-wetting incidents until I was about 6. I was a regular bedwetter until I was an out 10.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I was out of diapers when I was 2, but I had fairly frequent pants-wetting incidents until I was about 6. I was a regular bedwetter until I was an out 10.

Considering your age, I'm curious to know what it was like being IC growing up back then, if you don't mind sharing. I assume there were no disposables...

Role
  1. Private
I personally think I will base it on each of my kids readiness but by three it is pretty gross changing their diapers.

Well, if I had a little boy (which I hope to God I never do, since that would require me to become *gasp* pregnant), he wouldn't even know the word "potty," let alone how to use one, until well past age 3, and possibly 4 or 5 if homeschooled. I am of the mind that, because males and females should be as different as the east is from the west, girls should begin potty-training around 18 months, since I myself started at 15 months, and be introduced to potty stories but never "forced" or "spanked." Boys, on the other hand, should have at least three birthdays, and possibly more, in tab diapers and never go through the "potty chair stage" at all! It's like, what's the point of training a little bitty boy that early when you know he's too young to enter the men's room without his dad and will just take-up another of our precious ladies' room toilets by going with his mom? I'm in favor of boys wearing diapers unless and until they're old enough to enter and use the men's room by themselves (yes, even if that means 6 or 7 years old).

I wish they would phase-out boys' potty chairs with reflectors, in addition to Size 2-3 PullUps and cloth briefs, because they shouldn't even be thinking about the potty, let alone using it, when they're too small for Size 4 and the real toilet! I don't care how intelligent a boy is or how much he hates wet/messy diapers, he should wear them for at least 3 years to keep him from training sooner than "girls" like me. I was 33 months when I got out of diapers, the delay mostly due to bowel training issues, so I like the thought of keeping all XY boys with P-words, no matter how "ready" they may be, in diapers for at least 3 years. But like I said, I hope I never have to face that decision because the thought of getting pregnant is more frightening to me than that of being abducted by aliens!!! In fact, I think I'd rather die, because I'm like Patrick Henry, and pregnancy would be anything but "liberty" for me, lol!:laugh:

Then there's always the option of homeschooling, as do many Christian families, or delaying enrollment until the child is potty-trained, thus beginning their school years with whatever grade they're chronologically supposed to be in (grade=age-5, according to how old they were on August 31st). I, for one, didn't enter kindergarten until I was well over 6 due, in part, to my need to be wiped after a BM, as well as what was then diagnosed as Attention Deficit Disorder. Why does everyone assume they "have to" send their kids to school? Whatever happened to old-fashioned, stay-at-home moms like my own with more than enough intelligence to teach elementary school?

Last edited:

shertion

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I was potty trained at an average age but I still bedwet until I was like 10. I never wore night time diapers though, I just kept wetting the bet...

abdl86

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
I was potty trained at an average age but I still bedwet until I was like 10. I never wore night time diapers though, I just kept wetting the bet...

Was that not a hard time for your parents?

Status
Not open for further replies.