Potty training age?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mikejames said:
But then you say "He simply refused to use the bathroom". I'm not that kind of parent. My kids will never "refuse" to do what I tell them and get away with it. I run my house, not my kids. Sorry, but yes, that IS parental laziness (or ineptitude, whatever you choose to call it).

I think a lot of that comes down to taking the time to figure out how to get your kids to do what they need to do. My mom has told me stories about how they had a terrible time teaching me to talk. Just whines and grunts mostly. Other than that I was progressing fine. Then my mom decided to bribe me. If I wanted a cookie, I had to try to say "cookie". For two weeks there was a firm rule enforced around the house. By the end of that time I had figured out that "talking gets you what you want", and in her words, "I was a magpie".

When your kids are too young to reason, they're a lot of work because they can't really cooperate with you. But after that, if your kids still aren't cooperating, you need to re-evaluate how you're working with them, because unless they have a disability, you're doing something wrong. Maybe you're doing it the same way others are, but if it's not working you need to find the way that works. The "right way to do it" for one kid isn't necessarily going to be the "right way to do it" for another kid. Even siblings often require different approaches, I hear that from a lot of parents. If your kid isn't cooperating "no matter how many times I try xyz", you really need to stop xyz and look for a different approach because they aren't the problem, you are.

mikejames said:
My kids will never "refuse" to do what I tell them and get away with it. I run my house, not my kids. Sorry, but yes, that IS parental laziness (or ineptitude, whatever you choose to call it).

Be really careful with this mentality. Obviously there need to be rules, limits, and discipline. A kid wanting to continue messing in diapers while attending school is a problem. A kid that wants to eat nothing but candy alone is a problem. But the way you said it was as an extreme. Specifically as you said "never".

You have to recognize as a parent that you're raising another human being, not a robot, not a slave. There are going to be times when the child doesn't want to do something, and you have to give them some autonomy. Even if it means the child ends up slightly harmed, that's okay, they'll learn from it. If you don't, they will not become a well adjusted adult. They'll have never experienced making a decision for themselves. You will have failed as a parent to prepare them for the real world where they are forced to make their own decisions 100% of the time. The older they get, the more autonomy you need to give them to say no to you.

In your best case scenario, you'll end up with a kid that's dependent on you until they're 40, like a lot of kids today do.

In your worst case scenario, you'll end up with a kid like me. I was never given one ounce of autonomy. I was never allowed to refuse even the simplest of directives, even at 17 years old. No matter how insignificant to them, no matter how important to me, I was never able to say no to one thing ever without suffering physical abuse. Yes, even at 17. I was a weak, wimpy, scrawny kid. I was treated like a small child right up until I was an adult. (That idea may sound appealing to some here, but trust me, there were no fun times, no diapering/babying, etc. It was like being a personal slave.)

You wanna know the end result of that? I left at 18, and never spoke to them ever again, and never will again either. Hope they've planned for retirement because I won't be there to help them. It also left me very unprepared for handling real life, but luckily I was intelligent enough to pick it all up rather quickly. It also left me with a whole host of mental issues like borderline schizophrenia (also related to having been given zero privacy), constant nightmares for many years after being on my own, etc.

Seriously... please don't screw up your kids by being a hardline, "my house, my rules" badass. It won't end well for anyone involved. Your job as a parent is to protect them and nurture their growth, not to control their every action with an iron fist.

bambinod said:
I think a lot of that comes down to taking the time to figure out how to get your kids to do what they need to do. My mom has told me stories about how they had a terrible time teaching me to talk. Just whines and grunts mostly. Other than that I was progressing fine. Then my mom decided to bribe me. If I wanted a cookie, I had to try to say "cookie". For two weeks there was a firm rule enforced around the house. By the end of that time I had figured out that "talking gets you what you want", and in her words, "I was a magpie".

When your kids are too young to reason, they're a lot of work because they can't really cooperate with you. But after that, if your kids still aren't cooperating, you need to re-evaluate how you're working with them, because unless they have a disability, you're doing something wrong. Maybe you're doing it the same way others are, but if it's not working you need to find the way that works. The "right way to do it" for one kid isn't necessarily going to be the "right way to do it" for another kid. Even siblings often require different approaches, I hear that from a lot of parents. If your kid isn't cooperating "no matter how many times I try xyz", you really need to stop xyz and look for a different approach because they aren't the problem, you are.

Couldn't agree more. A good example is the stupid myth that boys are "harder" to train than girls. Not really. Boys and girls learn differently and if in 90% of the cases mom is doing the bulk of the potty training then it's pretty obvious why she thinks boys are harder....she's trying to teach a boy as if he were a girl. My mom was struggling to train both my brother and I. My dad took us away on a business trip for 4 days and brought us both home fully potty trained and we were both under 2. I think my brother was around 18 months and I think I was just a few months older.

If a mom is frustrated over how "hard" it is to train a boy, maybe she should consider it's not him, it's her and adapt her teaching style to meet his learning style.

My son is 19 months old and we're just starting to introduce him to the potty. I'm going to really work on it this weekend and I bet I'll make good progress. Since it's a long holiday weekend I have 3 solid days to work on it.

It will be awesome when my mother in law is watching both him and his older female cousin (older by about 8 months) and he'll be potty trained and she's still in diapers. She also still runs around with a binky at 27-28 months old, but that's a whole other story.

- - - Updated - - -

goten said:
Be really careful with this mentality. Obviously there need to be rules, limits, and discipline. A kid wanting to continue messing in diapers while attending school is a problem. A kid that wants to eat nothing but candy alone is a problem. But the way you said it was as an extreme. Specifically as you said "never".

You have to recognize as a parent that you're raising another human being, not a robot, not a slave. There are going to be times when the child doesn't want to do something, and you have to give them some autonomy. Even if it means the child ends up slightly harmed, that's okay, they'll learn from it. If you don't, they will not become a well adjusted adult. They'll have never experienced making a decision for themselves. You will have failed as a parent to prepare them for the real world where they are forced to make their own decisions 100% of the time. The older they get, the more autonomy you need to give them to say no to you.

In your best case scenario, you'll end up with a kid that's dependent on you until they're 40, like a lot of kids today do.

In your worst case scenario, you'll end up with a kid like me. I was never given one ounce of autonomy. I was never allowed to refuse even the simplest of directives, even at 17 years old. No matter how insignificant to them, no matter how important to me, I was never able to say no to one thing ever without suffering physical abuse. Yes, even at 17. I was a weak, wimpy, scrawny kid. I was treated like a small child right up until I was an adult. (That idea may sound appealing to some here, but trust me, there were no fun times, no diapering/babying, etc. It was like being a personal slave.)

You wanna know the end result of that? I left at 18, and never spoke to them ever again, and never will again either. Hope they've planned for retirement because I won't be there to help them. It also left me very unprepared for handling real life, but luckily I was intelligent enough to pick it all up rather quickly. It also left me with a whole host of mental issues like borderline schizophrenia (also related to having been given zero privacy), constant nightmares for many years after being on my own, etc.

Seriously... please don't screw up your kids by being a hardline, "my house, my rules" badass. It won't end well for anyone involved. Your job as a parent is to protect them and nurture their growth, not to control their every action with an iron fist.

The last thing I intend to do is "screw my kids up". While I get what you're saying...yeah never say never. I didn't necessarily mean it in the most literal sense but I'm not like these modern parents who let their kids walk all over them, hover over them like a helicopter and ending up with an entitled little brat like the millennials running around today. I can't believe the crap I see that passes for parenting these days. I go in a store and see kids running around like savages and their parents are just slack jawed staring at their phones oblivious to the brats they're forcing the rest of society to suffer.

To me, giving a kid some autonomy is letting him go ride his bike around the neighborhood without me hovering over him, letting him fall and skin his knees on the playground, but having him defy me and then letting that slide isn't good parenting. Consistency is important. Kids aren't stupid. They're always testing you to see what they can get away with. You start letting shit slide and they're going to have no respect for you at all....of course the flip side is if you're all the way at the other extreme and abusing like your parents then you end up with that outcome as well.

While I'm not naive enough to think a kid will obey any command like a robot, one thing my son will learn very quickly is that defiance WILL ALWAYS have consequences. That doesn't mean I intend to be a dad with a million rules, super strict, or with an "iron fist" or never let them have fun. It means when I tell him to clean his room, he either cleans his room or suffers the consequences. It means I won't tolerate shitty grades in school if I know he's capable of doing better, It means he's not taking his car out driving around with friends if he hasn't come home and done his homework first, etc etc etc.

I'm raising my kid old school. He'll be hunting and shooting guns with me by the time he's 6, working the instant he's old enough for a work permit, learning responsibility from the get go. I'm raising my son to learn independence and self sufficiency. I'll be there to catch him sometimes when he falls but sometime falling on your ass is the best way to learn. I'm not going to end up with 30 year old 5 year olds one day

My job as a parent is to prepare them for the real world. To raise them with the skills and self confidence to face real world challenges. To be sure footed and able to think critically and navigate life, not to infantalize them into their 20s like these uber pussy millennials being raised today.

mikejames said:
My job as a parent is to prepare them for the real world. To raise them with the skills and self confidence to face real world challenges. To be sure footed and able to think critically and navigate life, not to infantalize them into their 20s like these uber pussy millennials being raised today.

I agree with this one but also you need to learn to pick your battles there's some of them that you just can't win without doing some real damage to your kid like with my son being as old as he is, he always grew up with the mentality that pullups we're not a bad thing just like myself and his uncle when we were that age he still wets the bed at night the bedwetting medication that they have on the market doesn't work for longer than a couple months I'm not going to pump my kid full of chemicals that he doesn't really need especially seeing as a month supply of that medication cost twice what I paid out in pullups for a month. My son also has been diagnosed with ADHD and OCD he will not use a dirty bathroom and if he ignore that for too long he'll just completely forget he has to go with both of those together it gets him into issues as he is still in elementary school and I don't know if any of you guys have been in a boy's bathroom in an elementary school it's probably one of the most disgusting unsanitary places on the face of this Earth it's probably more sanitary to lick the floor of a sewage plant than it is to touch the surface in an elementary school boys bathroom, and because of this he has a lot of accidents at school. being an elementary school in a small town the head start preschool is actually part of the elementary school Head Start allows for first-year preschool students to still be in diapers seeing as a lot of them start at the age of 2 the only requirement is they must be at least in pullups starting potty training by the second or third year of preschool depending on what age they started. Because of the Head Start staff being present our district has adopted a policy that if a child has issues with daytime wetting on a regular basis to the point it will interfere with their learning and class time the parents must keep some form of diaper for the child at school in the lower grades it's not uncommon for a kid to be running around in a pull up at school and because of both the OCD and severe ADHD my son is in Special Needs collaborative classes under an IEP, the whole issue with the daytime wetting and the pullups are more prevalent in his classroom that it is anywhere else in the school creating an atmosphere of aceptance or at the very least acknowledgement the others in his class and age group also wear pullups from time to time. He is allowed to use the nurse private bathroom, but sometimes his ADHD gets in the way and he has an accident, it's baby steps for him, there are situations where he refuses to use a bathroom and will wet his pants on purpose but there are also times his ADHD prevents him from using the bathroom. As a single parent I can't always be focusing on just him so I have to pick my battles as well, if a day is going to be hectic (christmas, thanksgiving, holidays, travel ect.) He goes in a pullup because he's prone to accidents when there's a lot going on, if it's a slow day or a sick day he can go the entire day with out an accident or pullup. If he falls asleep or gets on video games he will always be put in a pullup. When he sleeps he's a bed wetter, on games he hyper focuses the only way to get his attention is to cut the power to his TV 75% of his at home accidents happen playing video games.

Picking your battles is a good thing to think about as a parent. What do you do when your child doesn't seem to be able to potty train and doctors can't find anything wrong? I was an extremely bright child, I could do 500 piece jigsaw puzzles in a couple hours at four years old, was reading by the time I started kindergarten, and could figure out all sorts of mental puzzles easily. But I couldn't keep from wetting myself. Even though I was considered 'potty trained' by the time I was through kindergarten, I still had regular accidents during the day, and major changes in life seemed to just make things worse, to the point when I changed schools for the second time in two months I ended up back in diapers for a few weeks.

Not to mention, how do you handle bedwetting even when the child was potty trained at an early age? A lot of parents used to do all sorts of things to try to stop it. Spankings, punishments, embarrassment, these things were common methods of parenting when I was a child in the early 70's.

Each child is different, I've had three and all three had very different personalities. What worked for one definitely did not for others. One of my children has Oppositional Defiance Disorder; imagine a child that no matter how much you tell them the sky is blue they argue it's really red. You pick your battles as best you can. When my kids got older, my wife and I didn't push much about how they wanted to have their hair done--it'll grow out eventually. Clothes? Fashions come and go. Drugs or alcohol or poor grades? Now we've got a battle.

Mike James, I think the world could do with a few more like you. I had to learn how to act and live as an adult from my grandparents as my parents just didnt give 2 farts as long as they didnt have to deal with whatever I had done.

While I get what you're saying...yeah never say never. I didn't necessarily mean it in the most literal sense but I'm not like these modern parents who let their kids walk all over them, hover over them like a helicopter and ending up with an entitled little brat like the millennials running around today.

I'm sorry if my reply came off harshly. It's obviously a very sensitive subject for me.

Happy to hear you didn't mean it absolutely literally :)

Raising kids is probably the hardest challenge anyone faces in life, and nobody knows for sure the exact right answers.

I can't believe the crap I see that passes for parenting these days. I go in a store and see kids running around like savages and their parents are just slack jawed staring at their phones oblivious to the brats they're forcing the rest of society to suffer.

We've gone from one extreme (severe physical abuse) to the other (can't even touch your children or leave them alone for a second) in the span of 60 or so years.

Like everything in life, all the middle ground has eroded. Nobody understands the need for balance anymore.

You see it with child rearing, in our politics, on every hot button issue, etcetera.

To me, giving a kid some autonomy is letting him go ride his bike around the neighborhood without me hovering over him, letting him fall and skin his knees on the playground, but having him defy me and then letting that slide isn't good parenting.

Okay let's give examples. Your kid is 16 and really wants an ear piercing. You don't think they should have one. Or they're 17 and want to buy a car, but you don't think it's a good car for the money. Or they are 14 and don't want to go to that summer camp. Or 15 and they have a slight fever, but don't want to take the Nyquil you bought for them. Maybe they want to stay the night at a friend's house but you'd rather they didn't. Maybe they want to drop playing basketball and instead do some other activity like programming, or studying another language, or whatever, but you're a fan of sports and feel they'd be better doing something athletic.

By all means, explain your position rationally. If it's a truly hot button issue for you, then obviously override them. But at some point, you have to let a kid make a dumb decision, suffer the consequences, and learn from it.

Like I was saying, it's a balance. If your ten year old wants to do drugs, obviously no parent would be okay with that. If your twelve year old kid doesn't want to go to school anymore, obviously that's too bad and you have to make them.

It's not a matter of your kid does whatever the heck they want. It's not a matter of you always getting your way. There needs to be a way for each of you to convey, "this is really important to me", and to build a mutual respect on both sides.

Obviously if they say, "it's really important to me that I eat ice cream instead of vegetables tonight", then they are abusing that trust between you, and by all means, override them.

But leave the window there to let them know they have some autonomy over their own lives.

They also need to sometimes just do fun things for themselves. You may not like them playing video games, and by all means, say no when they have school work or bad grades or whatever. But just flat out saying no forever, because you feel they're not good for them... not a nice thing to do.

My job as a parent is to prepare them for the real world. To raise them with the skills and self confidence to face real world challenges.

Exactly! And one of the most important things to teach them is to think and act for themselves. To guide them to the right decisions, but at some point letting them ride without the training wheels. They may fall a few times, but it'll be okay.

not to infantalize them into their 20s like these uber pussy millennials being raised today.

We definitely have a problem with that on college campuses today, that's for sure.

My son also has been diagnosed with ADHD and OCD

Poor kid. Those are horrible comorbid disorders to have to deal with. My sincerest empathies on that :(

He probably will need medication to succeed there. Otherwise that's a recipe for a life of an inability to concentrate and study, and full of anxiety from the obsessions and rituals.

Ritalin and Concerta really help with ADHD symptoms, but OCD is a lot harder. SSRIs aren't very effective and have way too many serious side effects for a child. For OCD, the best bet is probably cognitive behavioral therapy sessions. But even that only has limited effect.

I don't envy your position there. But I hope it all works out for you both.

it's probably one of the most disgusting unsanitary places on the face of this Earth

Yep, one of the best parts about 24/7 diaper usage is never having to step foot inside any public bathrooms. Adult versions really aren't much better. For someone with germ OCD it's basically a form of torture to send them into those places.

because of both the OCD and severe ADHD my son is in Special Needs collaborative classes under an IEP

Wow, I didn't know they did that! Certainly not when I was a kid. Special needs was for severe physical disabilities and low IQ scores only.

As long as it doesn't result in them teaching him lower grade materials, then that's wonderful! Kids with both ADHD and OCD tend to be really smart too. A great way to help with ADHD naturally is to keep the kids interested and challenged, as in giving them advanced placement work instead of regular work.

Not to mention, how do you handle bedwetting even when the child was potty trained at an early age? A lot of parents used to do all sorts of things to try to stop it. Spankings, punishments, embarrassment, these things were common methods of parenting when I was a child in the early 70's.

I will never be able to understand how any parents could do that. Absolutely sickening.

If you make sure they don't drink before bed, how can you blame a child for an involuntary bodily function while they are sleeping?

Obviously if they were faking it to wear diapers, that's a different story, but it's not too hard to sneak into the room periodically to verify, or even these days to set up a hidden camera to see if they're doing it after waking up or not.

goten said:
Poor kid. Those are horrible comorbid disorders to have to deal with. My sincerest empathies on that :(

He probably will need medication to succeed there. Otherwise that's a recipe for a life of an inability to concentrate and study, and full of anxiety from the obsessions and rituals.

Ritalin and Concerta really help with ADHD symptoms, but OCD is a lot harder. SSRIs aren't very effective and have way too many serious side effects for a child. For OCD, the best bet is probably cognitive behavioral therapy sessions. But even that only has limited effect.

I don't envy your position there. But I hope it all works out for you both.

Yep, one of the best parts about 24/7 diaper usage is never having to step foot inside any public bathrooms. Adult versions really aren't much better. For someone with germ OCD it's basically a form of torture to send them into those places.

Wow, I didn't know they did that! Certainly not when I was a kid. Special needs was for severe physical disabilities and low IQ scores only.

As long as it doesn't result in them teaching him lower grade materials, then that's wonderful! Kids with both ADHD and OCD tend to be really smart too. A great way to help with ADHD naturally is to keep the kids interested and challenged, as in giving them advanced placement work instead of regular work.

His classes are not really the special needs room as many know it. More it's a colaborative class with more teachers and less students allowing kids more one on one. He can't function in a regular 40-60 student class his ADHD will keep him off track, and his OCD will make other students actions drive him up up the wall to the point he may get agressive trying to correct them. ( like me he has a short fuse and low tolerance for "stupid" as I call it) he works best in smaller classes and more one on one, his curiculum is scattered though, math and reading comprehension he's almost 4 full grade levels ahead of his peers, he is in elementary school and already at his uncles grade level in math and his uncle is in sophomore algebra and geometry. English writing he's about about a 1st grade level, penmanship is absolutely perfect but it takes him almost 30 minutes to write a sentance. (Part of OCD) so most his work is done via laptop or tablet. Which also helps hold his focus with ADHD, but can lead to him hyper focusing which then leads to him wetting his pants. He's not there because he is unable to do anything alone but more to help balance out his mental conditions with his physical needs as well as keep him from hurting other students when they do something he considers not perfect untill he is mature enough to handle this on his own. For ADHD he takes Ritalin three times a day at school can't have Ritalin SR because the chemical comp makes him more agressive for some reason, when he goes for meds is when we try to get him to use the private nurse bathroom, but most times he wets at recess before his first medication time he will occasionally go a full day dry, but they are few and far between so many factors work against him. Including his own acceptance of pullups and wetting himself. I would have figured his OCD would keep him for wetting himself the same way the sanitation keeps him from using the bathrooms at school, but his psychiatrist thinks because he pees in a pullup at night in bed the act of peeing on himself in regular clothes is no diffrent to him than peeing in a pullup, it came out of his body so he is ok with it.

He has a lot of areas his issues affect him his psychiatrist says it will get better with time as he grows and matures.

But I also expose him to as much real world as I can, I don't care if he has these issues he won't use them as a crutch like most in society do. There are things he can not do but they are few in number most anything he can do by going at it a diffrent angle. Yeah I'm lax on the issue of him using the bathroom in his pants and having regular access to pullups but that's the only area really. I try to hold his hand as little as possible if he doesn't like how something is placed I won't move it he has to do it himself. If he can't reach it he will avoid that room. It teaches him that not everything will be to his liking and some of it will be Beyond his control to fix. (His psycatrist helped me with that one it's actually quite an effective way to teach him) the more I work with him the better he gets about understanding. Every day he gets better at ignoring small things even though they agitate him immensely it's part of his treatment for me to tilt a picture, or put the TV on an Odd number volume, or remove a pad off his dining room chair, he has to try to ignore it or find a way to make it not impact him without actually correcting it. Some days he just won't try and he will melt down but others he will shut it out and just refuse to look at it or like the chair one he just moved to another seat. (I was proud of that one being OCD it's a simple fix but rarely an easy one to do or the first thing to come to mind)

This was my original thread, "Saw a 5 year old in diapers."
How the hell did the title of the thread get changed????
Without sounding petty, who has the right to change the original thread title without consulting the OP?
Obviously admin, but even then I'd expect to see a notification of why it was necessary!
Start your own damn threads, and either answer this one, or piss off!

Wombat said:
Without sounding petty, who has the right to change the original thread title without consulting the OP?
Obviously admin, but even then I'd expect to see a notification of why it was necessary!
Well I didn't notice that must have happened in the last 30 min. My notifications still say the original title.

Though I will say I agree they need to explain why they did it but I can wager a few guesses.

Wombat said:
No offense to you personally, but they probably figured it was just in poor taste... Slightly too close to pedo-ish territory.
w0lfpack91 said:
Well I didn't notice that must have happened in the last 30 min. My notifications still say the original title.

Though I will say I agree they need to explain why they did it but I can wager a few guesses.

It's been like this for a few days.

KimbaStarshine said:
No offense to you personally, but they probably figured it was just in poor taste... Slightly too close to pedo-ish territory.

It's been like this for a few days.

I have to agree with Kimba, that said, surprised it doesn't show it was changed though.

The damn threads been up for a week, and many people have commented on their own experiences, making it clear that while being a touch unusual, it's certainly not a completely rare occurrence.
I myself have said on this thread, and others, that I wore diapers or training pants to bed until I was nearly eleven. A lot of people have reported similar tales.
Why in the world would a moderator suddenly decide that after a week, and 5 pages of replies, that it was suddenly creepy? Then change the title without even letting me know?
This is what happens when you give some people the power to make themselves feel important in regards to regulation.
The amount of times I have read similar things over the years, as a lurker and a member is vast, yet suddenly, using the term "saw a 5 year old in diapers," is suddenly creepy?
Ludicrous.

You may not notice but mod and admins aren't here 24/7 (why we have periods with troll floods) so they act when they see it or it's been reported, perhaps someone had reported it

It's okay. I accept it and won't comment further. I just felt a bit let down by it, that's all. I'm not a pedo, and it wasn't meant to sound weird, and it kinda sucks that the original post might have been construed like that, especially after a week on the board.
No further comment to make.

Wombat said:
It's okay. I accept it and won't comment further. I just felt a bit let down by it, that's all. I'm not a pedo, and it wasn't meant to sound weird, and it kinda sucks that the original post might have been construed like that, especially after a week on the board.
No further comment to make.

Hey its not that big a deal it's happened to us all at one point or another, the mods take extra precautions these days. Once upon a time this site was a 13+ site. We had minors running around and back then there was also a few people we don't speak of on here posting some shifty borderline legal things, I won't rehash old drama but Needless to say some stuff went down between a few members and this site was targeted legally and socially and new measures were enacted pushing us to 18+ and a major ban wave. Since then all the public forums have been more tightly moderated for content and perceived intent, more like a C.Y.A. PR deal. As deep as we are buried in The web we still operate within the surface Web and Google does pick up the public forum threads from time to time. This all comes down to how the moderator interpreted the thread title. I agree they should have made a comment as to reason, it's rare they don't, but don't dwell too much on it if something like this happened it was usually to keep the site running in a positive manner and if you didn't have a PM or notification then no rules were broken and no action was taken.

It happens man

It's to close to D###er's stuff .
He had an sighting page that was very creepy.
I bet they degress adisc to that level.

Last edited:
foxkits said:
It's to close to D###er's stuff .
He had an sighting page that was very creepy.
I bet they degress adisc to that level.

oh God, the dark ages., theres a bleep I haven't heard in forever.

I wore diapers until I was about 6, mostly because I refused to use toilets at that age lol. I actually used to have a childhood friend who was 11, and he still wore diapers. He had bedwetting problems. I don't think anything was wrong with him medically, he was just a REALLY heavy sleeper. It was really interesting meeting someone around my age who wore diapers, it made me feel actually kind of normal.

My mother forced me to potty train at 2 to get me into a preschool by 3. Sure it worked but I had BM issues for years and bedwet everynight until I was 10(I didn't mind that part, my mom didn't shame me for the accidents)

But my stance is very simple but clear:
To me potty training ISNT a milestone
There is no age in my book when its "suppose to happen"

You don't want to potty train: You get diapers or PullUps depending on the suation no matter how old you get. If your not trained as in your going to do your bissness BY YOUR SELF at the age of 7 then I'm teaching you to be responsible by showing you how to clean yourself and change your self. Will stop changing diapers at age 10 and will work for the diapers. Will never shame, punish or bribe for being in diapers or having a accident.(I rather not mind this one if it happens)

You want to train by actually asking me and I see all the signs ACTUALLY there that you want to train: Great, but I'm potty training you once you hit age(or after) 3.5 with PullUps so you don't get backed up with BM or think that I'm going to punish you if you have a accident. Will never shame,punish or bribe for having a accident and you can quit the potty training process at anytime by showing me your body language. You get to decide when and how you want to train buddy.

In my book,there is no potty training "age" and if people want to give a smerk look then ill laugh inside that their child has PTSD in some form(like holding BMs,only go with bribes, poops in underwear or with mommy) from not doing potty training right.

Sorry to be blunt but its the truth and most likely will see a lot of them in 18 years as abdls which will prove a point and confirm why I think I'm a DL. I hate potty training with a passion due to being forced and I would not want my child to go though what I went though if I had to take care of a kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back