Potty Trained

At what age did you get potty trained. You may not have been completely trained but could make it to

• 12 to 18 mouths

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • 18 to 24 mouths

Votes: 14 13.7%
  • 24 to 30 mouths

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • 30 to 36 mouths

Votes: 17 16.7%
  • 3 to 4 years old

Votes: 24 23.5%
  • 4 are older

Votes: 19 18.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think i was potty trained between 2 year old - 3 years old. apparently when i was potty trained i wasn't confident to be out of nappies. so between the age of 4 and 5 i was out of nappies.

I think I was about 2 or 2 1/2 for daytime potty-training, but I have wet at night most of my life. I was wet every night into Junior High, off-and-on in high school and college, and wet much of the time since then. I just wear diapers for the wetting now, but I am a DL, too; I just like the feel and the security.

I took a guess at 30 to 36 months as my parents aren't alive to ask. I was adopted at the age of 2 and I know I wasn't potty trained then. By age four I wanted to be back in diapers and my mom said she still had them, so I'm guessing that I was late in potty training, especially since I was at an adoptive agency for awhile.

As a parent, I waited until 36 months to begin training. My daughter pretty much trained herself at about 18 months just because her brother was training at the time. I would just go to the store and buy a bag of candy and told the toddler to sit on the potty and eat the candy every couple hours and praised them if they were successful. My firstborn was probably 4 1/2 before he was trained because I was too inexperienced to train him before he could talk. None wet the bed past 5 years old that I know of.

My mom wasn't too good at potty training me. So I really wasn't trained until I was 6 going on 7. What really was the factor that fullt trained me was peer pressure from the kids in my class at school. I had the "bad habit" of peeing in my pants and got teased about it a lot. I wore pullups during the day and at nighttime I wore cloth diapers.

I was potty trained pretty late. I wasn't trained until I was 4, and if bedwetting counts as not being fully trained, then I wasn't fully trained until I stopped wetting the bed at age 9.

I really don't know for sure but I am guessing in the 18 to 24 month range. I have no idea if I wore diapers at night for a time or not. I started bed wetting about 8 years old and stopped when I was about 11.

I was probably 3 1/2 or so. The parents wanted to wait until after my SDR surgery because they knew I'd be weak, and with cerebral palsy, even if you feel the urge, there may not be too much you can do about it.

Considering I wet my diaper nearly as much as I use the potty, I was tempted to put 4 or older. :sweatdrop: But for the purposes of accurate data, I answered for when I was young, which was actually quite early. My mom has told me it was before age 2 and I have no memories at all of ever being in diapers as a young child.

ArchieRoni said:
Considering I wet my diaper nearly as much as I use the potty, I was tempted to put 4 or older. :sweatdrop: But for the purposes of accurate data, I answered for when I was young, which was actually quite early. My mom has told me it was before age 2 and I have no memories at all of ever being in diapers as a young child.

Same with me.

I think I was day time dry by about 3 1/2, but I continued to wet the bed fairly regularly until about 10, then occasionally until after my 11th birthday. I kept wearing cloth training pants with plastic panties until a month or so before I turned 12. I wet the bed only once more, when I was about 14.

I was potty trained the summer I'd turned three, because I'd just had a baby sister. I only remember having a couple of accidents immediately after, but didn't wet the bed or my pants after I turned four, or so. Still wanted to wear diapers, though. x)

I had older siblings and a neighorhood of youth that would call you a baby for anything (i.e. crying when you fell on the sidewalk / biking, being a sore loser at games, etc.) so I was around 2 - 3 for potty trained. When I had my first return into plastic underpants at age 5 after wetting my sleeping bag during a family outing I recall asking my mom about my situation and her replying something about age 2 or so for being potty-trained and I wanted out of diapers then so the other kids would not make fun of me. Oh well, this went fine until age 5, then I wore plastic pants the remainder of the family camp, then had two pair of plastic underpants always in my drawer through age 6 (do not recall how often I wore them then). Good for a year and then had a major accident at my friend's sleepover and subsequently his mom put me back into plastic underpants and eventually, due to leakage, with a full diaper at age 8. I had a plastic mattress cover on my bed until age 11 but do not recall if I ever had any major wet sheets.

Overall it may not have been the potty training age but the fact that I accepted wearing protection at night when I was 8 since it was better than wet sheets. I was not wearing bedtime protection around age 9 but I did buy my own plastic underpants when I was around 13 since I did not understand wet dreams then and thought I was slipping back into nightime wetting. From 15 to 18 I was fine but then when I went to college my nightime accidents came back fully for several months. An understanding roomate and my earlier solutions of wearing protection had me back into a snap on diaper and plastic underpants the first year and then regular underwear and plastic underpants throughout college. Now a plastic mattress cover and training underwear with plastic underpants at night is typical for me though I only have significant wetting at night about 1 - 2 times in a 3 month period.

I'll have to dig out the baby pictures the next time I'm over at my parents' house and figure this out once and for all. I do know that I was still wearing diapers to bed as a three-year-old, and can remember lying in bed while my mom diapered me--certainly one of my earliest memories. But I'm pretty sure I was daytime-trained before age three.

My mother tells me she started training me before I turned two - supposedly sitting me on the potty chair (but with no expectation of me using it) when I was only 10 months old - but from photographic and home-video evidence I suspect she didn't seriously start the process until around my second birthday. I don't remember it at all but she says it went pretty smoothly.

18 months....too early.
I think that is why I have some AB-DL tendencies.

Maxx said:
When I moved out and got married, my mother separated out my pictures and gave them to my wife so that we'd have them. I've since scanned most of them into electronic format for posterity.... yeah, I'm something of a packrat.
Yeah, I should do that. My mom has a couple of very nice, well-labeled albums of baby pictures, one each for my sister and me. It's been probably ten years since I last looked through them.

I was potty trained by 2 and a half, but I don't remember any of it except for the last few times I used the potty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back