Post-urination dribblage

Status
Not open for further replies.

KBond

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I'm having perhaps a small urinary and google problem. Clearly I'm not the first person to have ever experienced this, but I can't find the name for it either.

There's an old rhyme about a male urinating:

No matter how much you shake, no matter how much you dance, the last drop will always go in your pants!

So I get that, that's normal. But sometimes I have a problem where that last drop turns into... too much more. At the urinal, I shake, I dance, and I'm totally 100% sure I'm totally done, finished, mission accomplished. But then 5-10 seconds later, a final squirt comes - a squirt of significance! No drop. If I'm lucky, my boxer briefs contain it, but if I'm unlucky, I'll noticeably wet my trousers. It sort of looks like a splash that one might accidentally get from washing their hands under fast-flowing water.

I think it seems to be more prevalent when I'm cold. I've had my worst accidents then. And I've tried waiting an extra long time at the urinal just to be 110% super super duper sure. It doesn't help.

I know it's not exactly an earthshattering problem, but I dunno, perhaps you fine ladies & gents have some words of wisdom that might help me on my way?

Penny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I'm a girl and I have the same exact problem. I've always bad that problem. Have you tried pushing a bit to get the last bit out?

I wih I could be more help but I'm going to follow along jut incase someone else can help.

chamberpot

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
  3. Other
I know just what you mean .. I have for a long time had the same problem , a big last squirt after being sure I have shaken that last drop out. not unusaual at all for me to have a big wet spot, I just splash a bit more when washing my hands so it isn't just the one spot. I guess I should start wearing guards sooner or later.

Wetshisbed

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
My daytime incontinence started like that just a drip or a little dribble after using the toilet. Gradually it became a bigger more noticeable drip then a slight stream that I couldn't control

nikthewerelion

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Incontinent
Same with me, it's become way more then a drip over the past year or so. Even tho I'm a guy I sit to pee, since being visually impaired makes it hard to aim perfectly, but even still, the last of it still seems to be more then just a few drops, if I'm around the house wearing sweatpants, after I'm done I notice it can be enuff to go down the inside of my pants leg, this is how I know it's way more. I've not really brought it up with my doctor yet as I don't want things up my pee hole, but if it gets way worse at some point then I'll mention it. I guess it will just be another reason I need diapers, since I already need them at night for intermitant bedwetting.

B

BordercollieTrigger

me too i have a little comes out i never can stop it. I was like this for years its odd the reason used to buy underwear pads to stop the little after drops. Not saying more to be PG.

adasterix

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It's common and is not necessarily a symptom of impending incontenence. Underwear pads help a lot. Usually you can use the lightest of them.

SissyDLE

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
I'm in this category too but I find that sitting down rather than using the urinal helps reduce the volume of the uncontrolled release. Definitely happening more often over the last few years though...

Been considering underwear pads but it is intermittent. I think that a trip to the doctor is in order just to check that it is nothing sinister. I'm certainly bringing it up with my Doctor when I see them next.

DLE

CheshireCat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
For this issue my urologist recommended sitting down to void, then stand up and move a bit, then sit down and void again. It's remarkable how well that helps to empty the system.

Scaramouche

Lover of Life, Singer of Songs
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
How long has this been going on? Might want to see a doctor. You could have a UTI or something that needs attention. Although there has been some good advice posted above, no one here is qualified to give you medical advice.

nikthewerelion

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Incontinent
I've started to measure how much in drops comes out after I'm done. Anywhere from 1-5ml per every pee. Over the course of a day that can be a lot I think, when I pee about 6-10 times. I'm gonna maybe look into getting lighter protection for those times that I'm with my family and can't wear an m4 all day.

Frank123

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've always had post-void dribble, but at most it's only enough to put a coin sized wet spot on my underwear, and isn't even usually as much as that. I notice it the most if I sit down after having used the toilet, as I often feel a small squirt come out as I sit down.

The only times it's ever been an issue for me is when I go swimming, if I go and pee before showering before I get in the pool, walking from the toilets to the showers with a wet spot on my trunks. But that situation is easy enough to avoid with a little planning.

I have also found that sitting down to pee helps avoid it happening, and if I'm standing, so does reaching just behind my scrotum and pushing upwards on my body, when I think I've finished peeing. This seems to help push out the last few drops that would otherwise end up on my underwear.

M

Misatoismywaifu

Same issue here. Isn't life threatening or debilitating in any way yet just embarrassing. Sometimes I can fight it.

soggyboy

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Happens to me too. Particularly if I have restricted the flow a bit while going. For example, pulled my underwear down at the front, hung out over the top, but had the underwear pressing upwards from underneath.
Guaranteed that will result in a big squirt when I tuck away again. Same as wearing sweat pants. If I'm wearing sweats, I'll pull them down and sit rather than try to just pee over the top of them.

And avoid khaki coloured shorts.....

Scaramouche

Lover of Life, Singer of Songs
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
The air dryers in public rest rooms help dry things out. People will look at you strange, though. ;)

giantguy99

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
I would have to say some of you might want to go see a doctor. Why? Because that was what was happening to me before I found out part of why I am IC. I have a bladder deformity apparently and I can no longer quite void out if I make it to a toilet. The post dribblage thing is a sign of that but that can be caused by a lot of things. For me it was just me holding it too long when I was younger because I used to walk myself literally half to death in a day looking for a job when I had no car and simply did not feel the pain of dehydrating myself and stretching my bladder to much because I have a disease that makes it hard for me to feel pain. But Cancer can cause issues like this as well. So I am definitely going to highly recommend that you go to a doctor because being IC sucks even for a AB/DL.

P

Padded53

Sounds like a classic case of problems associated Benign Prostate Hyperplasty (BPH). I have BPH and have the same problem(s). You should go to the doctor and get checked for BPH or other problems.

dillpickle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I went and saw my doctor and he said it was overactive bladder, I'm not sure because it comes and goes and some days it's really bad. I'm not in diapers all the time, but when its a bad day, when I have pains down there I get diapered up because the dribbles become more of a steady stream.

kavi

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Incontinent
Any of the times it happens to me, I've noticed that it's either related to stress or high salt intake, or both.

Status
Not open for further replies.