Post office collection?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MelonMan

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaperfur
This is my first post here so hello everyone and happy new year!
I am fairly new to diapers and have only bought a few from my local shops but i'd like to buy some online. Because i still live at home I really don't want my family finding out, does anyone know of a UK based website that delivers to a post office for pick up similar to what amazon does.

Here in Aus if you track it you can choose to have your local post office hold onto it for you. Dunno what type of parcel tracking service UK has but maybe email royal mail and ask them wether you can get the post office to hold it?

You can set post offices as your pick up.point, but be careful because they won't always accept parcels in other peoples names as it's a security risk as specially when they cant see what's in your packet.

In most cases Royal mail will accept parcels for up to 6 working days, although its not a good idea to always have parcels going to the same address, because they will quickly become tired of this and return the. Parcels to the sender so it's not that good of a idea to keep sending them there because they have the right not to accept your goods.

And I you don't want to be black listed then my advice is get them delivered to your house when your pearents or relitives are out as long as you dispose of all the records of the delivery.

Yours sincerely
Chinababy888.

If you go to ebay and type "Adult nappies" you will get a long list of uk suppliers. Lots of these use the "click and collect" service from Argos. It works well for me and i would recommend nappies R us for an excellent service.

I use Doddle for exactly this purpose. Works with any website.
There maybe one near you. They have branches in loads of train stations.

https://www.doddle.com/collect

Poste restante also known as general delivery is probably ideal for you, because for shop it's same thing as normal address.
Because you will fill Name Surname as normal, instead of Address you'll write the keyword Poste restante and you will fill postal code and city as normal. No extra work for shop they'll print post label as usual.
Just be careful that postal code of your house and nearest post office could be different.

Pick up of parcels sent by poste restate is easy, just ask at post office if they have post for you, they will ask for ID (to verify that the parcel is picked up by correct person) and they will give you your parcel.

Simple and effective, only drawback is that there isn't notification that parcel has arrived at your post office so you'll come there regularly and ask if they have parcel for you.

I've done this a few times, for the address I put
[my full name]
C/o (care of) [post office name]
[address and postcode]

we also have 24/7 parcel lockers, you get an address of the locker and ID then put in a code to unlock one of the lockers to get your parcel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back