Post Documents

What do you think about this type of feature?

• I would actually use this feature. (Moo needs 10 of these votes to consider implementing it.)

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • I like it, but I'm not sure if I'd use it.

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Original thread by sniper 14th. He, among other people, need it more than I do.

Inspired by a comment by Moo:

(B) please put this up as a new thread, with poll. If 10 people say they would *actually use* this feature, I'll look into implementing it.

This would enable people to save sensitive documents that they don't want others to see, on ADISC.

If you don't like it at all, don't post, this doesn't apply to you.

Last edited:

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Way to make a poll having only options saying you like it :p.

As for me, I don't see the need or the point. Besides, no matter how it's set up (unless we start using encryption keys or somesuch) the admins would be able to see it anyway. I think something like Google docs would be more appropriate.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
Way to make a poll having only options saying you like it :p.

As for me, I don't see the need or the point. Besides, no matter how it's set up (unless we start using encryption keys or somesuch) the admins would be able to see it anyway. I think something like Google docs would be more appropriate.

As I said, if you don't like it or think it's pointless, it doesn't matter. It's not even real yet! :p

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
IIRC, the comment was directed towards a suggestion by sniper14th about being able to save drafts of _____ (insert post, thread, blog, etc...) to continue work on it before it is posted, not for generic document storage.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Lil snap is right I think.

I'm going to say the same here as I said there: docs.google.com

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
The gallery is also pointless, and if people can post diaper pictures (which I believe are pretty tasteless anyway), I don't see why we couldn't post documents such as stories, for only certain people to see, or publicly. It would be nice to replace the Stories forums with this.

Whether this was the original intent or not, that's my position.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
The gallery and the suggested thing are two totally different things. In the gallery other people can see what you put there, with this suggested change that isn't the case.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private
I've enabled uploads in in the links section of ADISC. Y'know, the 'Links' button on the top right of every page?

You should be able to store your zipfiles, word docs, and text docs there if you wish.

They'll be open to the public, though.

If you need a way to store files with privacy settings, I'd suggest another service (like Google Docs).

Ace

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I know I'm somewhat technically challenged, so I'm not quite sure what this is all about, I tried to figure it out, but I'm not 100% sure as to what this is all about. That being said, I'll abstain from voting as I am not fully informed

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
If you want private, I thought there was stuff on the web you could use (e.g google docs.). If I was going to have something I didn't want on my computer I'd use that. So no I wouldn't use this service.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Make a .jpg file an winrar archive, and then add stuff to it, then, extract from it when you need those files, and once you are done with them delete.

Winrar is whoever uses this.

Status
Not open for further replies.