Post Colors

What do you think about post colors?

• I use a color, and think they are pretty awesome

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I use a color, but have no strong opinion about them

Votes: 3 8.6%
  • I use a color, but also find them annoying (?)

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • I don't use any colors, but think they are sweet anyway

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • I don't use colors, and have no strong opinion about them

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • I don't use colors, and find them quite annoying

Votes: 9 25.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

whitefox

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Other
I've noticed, in this online community (and most likely many others), some people (myself included) use font colors to express their individuality. I just wanted to know what others thought about them, whether they were awesome, or just downright annoying.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I don't care much either way, though your color makes your posts harder to read (I have to highlight them).

Tigger

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I don't mind if people use colours but certain colours are hard on my eyes, I'd say that the others here with bad eyesight also agree

Kraiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I don't use any colours.

Humphrey Sez: but I do! It makes me all umique!

Role
Private
I don't use colors, and have no strong opinion about them

If I can't read your post, then I'm just simply going to skip over it.

Squigma

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur
They kinda bug me. I like everything to look nice, pretty and organized, and having random colours all over the place just looks kinda messy.

And anything but very dark text on a very light background (or the other way round) takes a lot more effort to read. Colours that contrast well look pleasing, but quite often people don't seem to put much thought into that and end up using things like bright green on this white background... which makes my eyes bleed!

And then when I'm on my other computer, I'm usually sat about 4 meters away from the monitor, which makes most coloured fonts very hard to read.

Oh, and it makes the person's post stand out more, which I don't think is right. Good posts should stand out more, not posts that people just fancied putting colour on.

J

Jag

As long as a person's post color is not bright and hard to read, I don't mind them.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I don't use colors, and have no strong opinion about them

I don't really care about them, but at the same time they annoy me a little bit. If people use a colour, I'd rather it be nice and dark so it's easy to read.

Also remember to not use purple, because that's the colour mods use when they're in mod-mode!

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Using Colours in posts I don't mind, just a bit of clean formatting and making it easy to make points and find things within the text. However, Keeping your post all one colour does tic me off slightly. We should all be equal, and so we should be using the black text by default.

Also, Whitefox. That Blue is hard to see. I only notice when people use colour when it becomes hard to read.

Rissy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I would use a color but the forum arbitrators are a bitch about people using not only purple but any font color close to it

Makes it hard for colors to really express someone if there's only so many colors that can be used and if there is restrictions on people from using colors that suit them...

ayanna

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
I've noticed, in this online community (and most likely many others), some people (myself included) use font colors to express their individuality. I just wanted to know what others thought about them, whether they were awesome, or just downright annoying.
I don't care much either way, though your color makes your posts harder to read (I have to highlight them).
Whitefox: I use a colour (obviously)...but you'll note it is a darker shade that is easily distinguished from the background and doesn't (I hope) 'cause anyone eye-strain trying to read it.

I chose the option I use colour, but I find them annoying (sometimes anyway).

Chevre: I know exactly what you mean. I think there is someone else who posts with the same colour (which is impossible to read). Unfortunately I seldom see what is said by those people (Whitefox included) because I am not going to strain my eyes, especially when the posts are long. Because this post was a poll it was a bit easier to comprehend.

I guess, to sum things up, I love colour...and my pink is my trademark...but at the same time I don't like colours that are impossible to read/distinguish from the background, or which burn the eyes!

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
My personal preference would be for no colors to be used, but that said, I wouldn't make a rule against it even if I were able. It's a minor thing to me. For those that are harder to read (sorry to say I'm looking at you, whitefox), I'll either skip or highlight it. It's your call if you want to be easily understood, though.

I guess that puts me in the "no strong opinions" category, although I do have a definite opinion, it's just that I wouldn't attempt to compel anyone else to abide by it.

D

daria7483

Interesting that you created this forum, Whitefox, because I had considered PMing you and telling you your turquoise letters are hard to read. You'll have to forgive those of us with bad eyesight...even with my contacts in I have a hard time reading contrasts like that.

But as long as the colors are still easy to read, it's fine with me.

Rissy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
Yaay!! Lets all write in Lemon Chiffon!!!!
Or even better... White!!! Silly whitefox can't be all that white if he's using light blue...

kevintje

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I don't use colors, and have no strong opinion about them... but I can immagine that they CAN be annoying... wite on wite doesn't read too well...

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I used to use a specific shade of green but once the black theme came in I stopped doing it as it's not as easy to read in the dark theme. After that I kept on going with my font But stopped that too when the board crashed as it was a pain in the ass and some people don't like it. This way nobody opposes. Also monospaced fonts are useful when making a post which includes stuff you have to type in.

I don't mind anything as long as it's readable. If not I tend to be inclined to skip the post. On the black background your color isn't bad but on the light one it's VERY awful whitefox.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I don't use colors, and find them quite annoying

I don't mind most colors, but it seems the ones that have been used in the past (either very light or RED) bother me. I hate bright stuff of any kind, unless it's awfully pretty to look at. Anything that's dark enough to read on the light blue background, and isn't a light+hot or intrusive color I'm ok with.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I don't use them.
Other people using them doesn't bother me. If they use a hard-to-read font color, I will just ignore their posts. Problem solved.

Status
Not open for further replies.