GreenieTheFilly

Greenie the Filly
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Little
Well, I was doing a blog about this here, but well. I'm not in college anymore.

I graduated with a BS in Psychology in May! Very excited to be done with college. It's weird to think that I'm "officially" what many would consider an Adult. I don't feel like it, I think my brain is still getting ready for me to go to school this fall but... that's not going to happen. I plan on pursuing my doctorate in about a year so I don't run out of steam, but I needed a break.

Moving into the next stage of life has me incredibly anxious. The main reason being: I can't seem to find a longer-term, survivable, or at least decent wage job anywhere. I'm working as a manager but that ends in August, and only 2 of my 45 or so applications have gotten me an interview. One of which is on Wednesday; A position at my Alma Mater, Salaried and Benefited. I'm qualified but god I don't interview well. Holy crap I hope it goes well please let me finally get a job. It's hard to find a job that you can actually work with invisible disabilities.

Anyway. I'm very stressed. So, what to do when stressed? Well, diapers, of course! I've been 24/7 again for about a month. I stopped in January '21 because I had a UTI and got scared. I realized though, that I got this UTI from holding it too long and not being careful with changing and wiping. But, I'm back to it. I know now how to be more careful and proactive about my urinary health when doing this and I've been implementing it. Right now I'm doing the "go whenever, wherever, and don't exert control" method. IT's been working pretty well! Besides the occasional leak, but I'm getting that figured out.

One of the big things that have changed (heh) this time is I'm no longer messing; At least intentionally. My IBS has been really tumultuous recently so there's the occasional accident. But for the most part, I've been pooping in the toilet. I think that was one of the big issues I had; Too much bacteria in the region is bound to have an effect at some point, even if you've got the parts that are more resistant to UTIs. I haven't had any issues thus far.

I've been using NorthShore supremes around the clock at this point. They do well as a nighttime, and well as a daytime for me. Eventually, I'd like to start getting megamax but the price is a little... prohibitive at the moment. Oh well. On top of everything, it's getting HOT. That translates to SO much sweat and I don't wear cloth-backed b/c I don't trust them. So, I've been drinking way more water than usual. Meaning more pee.

Anyway, there's my new update! I'll keep posting to this blog as needed and whenever I want to give an update. Thanks for reading :)

Reactions: nezquic66, Deleted member 57387, Deleted member 57464 and 4 others
GreenieTheFilly said:
Well, I was doing a blog about this here, but well. I'm not in college anymore.

I graduated with a BS in Psychology in May! Very excited to be done with college. It's weird to think that I'm "officially" what many would consider an Adult. I don't feel like it, I think my brain is still getting ready for me to go to school this fall but... that's not going to happen. I plan on pursuing my doctorate in about a year so I don't run out of steam, but I needed a break.

Moving into the next stage of life has me incredibly anxious. The main reason being: I can't seem to find a longer-term, survivable, or at least decent wage job anywhere. I'm working as a manager but that ends in August, and only 2 of my 45 or so applications have gotten me an interview. One of which is on Wednesday; A position at my Alma Mater, Salaried and Benefited. I'm qualified but god I don't interview well. Holy crap I hope it goes well please let me finally get a job. It's hard to find a job that you can actually work with invisible disabilities.

Anyway. I'm very stressed. So, what to do when stressed? Well, diapers, of course! I've been 24/7 again for about a month. I stopped in January '21 because I had a UTI and got scared. I realized though, that I got this UTI from holding it too long and not being careful with changing and wiping. But, I'm back to it. I know now how to be more careful and proactive about my urinary health when doing this and I've been implementing it. Right now I'm doing the "go whenever, wherever, and don't exert control" method. IT's been working pretty well! Besides the occasional leak, but I'm getting that figured out.

One of the big things that have changed (heh) this time is I'm no longer messing; At least intentionally. My IBS has been really tumultuous recently so there's the occasional accident. But for the most part, I've been pooping in the toilet. I think that was one of the big issues I had; Too much bacteria in the region is bound to have an effect at some point, even if you've got the parts that are more resistant to UTIs. I haven't had any issues thus far.

I've been using NorthShore supremes around the clock at this point. They do well as a nighttime, and well as a daytime for me. Eventually, I'd like to start getting megamax but the price is a little... prohibitive at the moment. Oh well. On top of everything, it's getting HOT. That translates to SO much sweat and I don't wear cloth-backed b/c I don't trust them. So, I've been drinking way more water than usual. Meaning more pee.

Anyway, there's my new update! I'll keep posting to this blog as needed and whenever I want to give an update. Thanks for reading :)
What country are you in? I could speak to options you may have following your psychology degree.

You inevitably need to find a company in which your degree will get your foot in the door to an unrelated field you can learn the career and get more experience to move up the latter as they say. And ponentially take advantage of their extra training or courses to get more industry certificates or designations or corporate certifications.

or

Probably not what you want to hear but you can consider but you can go back to get you masters to become a licensed councillor with your psychology background you are taking it a step further to actually work in the field or take it all the way to get your masters then PhD to become a registered psychologist. This option you will make the most money but means much more student debt and many more years of school so you have to factor that in. That’s why the masters options may be more viable financially.

Or you can start your own business of some sort, can be a difficult road but allows you to potentially make good or great money at some point down the road...

These are really the only ways you can work towards making a decent living to good to great living depending on how much effort time and talent you have in various fields.

you can also work kind of a bullshit job to keep you a float and start your own business on the side but will take longer to build...

Short of having a lump sum of family money or inherited money to invest in the markets or invest in real estate those are your options above. You can “bootstrap” real estate investing or market invest in over time but typically need some source of income in the meantime...bootstrap just means you start something small and reinvest your profits or extra income back in the business it’s slow at first but over the course of years can build something substantial...

Last edited:
ryansauder said:
What country are you in? I could speak to options you may have following your psychology degree.

You inevitably need to find a company in which your degree will get your foot in the door to an unrelated field you can learn the career and get more experience to move up the latter as they say. And ponentially take advantage of their extra training or courses to get more industry certificates or designations or corporate certifications.

or

Probably not what you want to hear but you can consider but you can go back to get you masters to become a licensed councillor with your psychology background you are taking it a step further to actually work in the field or take it all the way to get your masters then PhD to become a registered psychologist. This option you will make the most money but means much more student debt and many more years of school so you have to factor that in. That’s why the masters options may be more viable financially.

Or you can start your own business of some sort, can be a difficult road but allows you to potentially make good or great money at some point down the road...

These are really the only ways you can work towards making a decent living to good to great living depending on how much effort time and talent you have in various fields.

you can also work kind of a bullshit job to keep you a float and start your own business on the side but will take longer to build...

Short of having a lump sum of family money or inherited money to invest in the markets or invest in real estate those are your options above. You can “bootstrap” real estate investing or market invest in over time but typically need some source of income in the meantime...bootstrap just means you start something small and reinvest your profits or extra income back in the business it’s slow at first but over the course of years can build something substantial...
I'm in the US. I have full intentions to go for a fully-funded Ph.D. program, I'm just gearing up for it. This last year of academics really ground me down and I need a break.

As far as jobs go, I interviewed for that position. I even got a second interview and now I'm waiting to see if I'll be offered anything. I've also got another job I'll be applying to if I don't get an offer tomorrow, which I'm super qualified for. It just pays less, overall. More per hour, actually (technically; It's basically salaried), it's just part-time is all.

So, for 24/7 updates:

I've been having a lot of leaking, recently. Not sure why, but just... springing leaks all over the place. Last night I had a NS Supreme's front panel rip open and get all over my pants. Lucky me, I was wearing some lounge shorts so I wasn't too upset but it was annoying. I was having this issue with other batches of Supremes, but I don't think I'll be getting them in blue anymore. Never had as many issues with a diaper as these. Also, I feel bad complaining about diaper after diaper, but... so ist das Leben.

I'm keeping my eyes out for ABU to re-stock. I just want some Simples in Medium, and they're cheaper than supremes, so it makes more financial sense. But, alas, they're out of stock so I've got to wait.

Realized yesterday that I was still subconsciously exerting bladder control and holding it in. Which honestly, might explain the leaks, as I flood more. Working hard to just let things happen, where they happen, when they happen. No longer standing up to pee, not trying to adjust things before I do. Just, going. Making less of a fuss about the inevitable. Because it's going to end up in my pants anyway, so why hold back? That's just gonna make me more uncomfortable.

Let's see... other updates. It's hot as all hell, still. Which sucks, and it sucks majorly. Can't wait for fall and winter.

My mental health has been absolute dogshit. Bouncing between aggressively depressed, numb, anxiety, and what feels like building up to hypomania. I'm still on my meds but... I need to make an appt with my psych because. Ugh. Chronic mental illness is a bitch.

Ended the relationship I was in. It made sense; We're both kinda... unsure about our futures and not really in a place to have a relationship at the moment. Still hurts a bit. But I shouldn't be surprised; I need to take more care of my body and myself before I'm really gonna be super happy with other people.

Anyway. That's all I have for today. I'll update soon, hopefully I get a job offer.

Reactions: Rainbow and Blubby
GreenieTheFilly said:
I'm in the US. I have full intentions to go for a fully-funded Ph.D. program, I'm just gearing up for it. This last year of academics really ground me down and I need a break.

As far as jobs go, I interviewed for that position. I even got a second interview and now I'm waiting to see if I'll be offered anything. I've also got another job I'll be applying to if I don't get an offer tomorrow, which I'm super qualified for. It just pays less, overall. More per hour, actually (technically; It's basically salaried), it's just part-time is all.

So, for 24/7 updates:

I've been having a lot of leaking, recently. Not sure why, but just... springing leaks all over the place. Last night I had a NS Supreme's front panel rip open and get all over my pants. Lucky me, I was wearing some lounge shorts so I wasn't too upset but it was annoying. I was having this issue with other batches of Supremes, but I don't think I'll be getting them in blue anymore. Never had as many issues with a diaper as these. Also, I feel bad complaining about diaper after diaper, but... so ist das Leben.

I'm keeping my eyes out for ABU to re-stock. I just want some Simples in Medium, and they're cheaper than supremes, so it makes more financial sense. But, alas, they're out of stock so I've got to wait.

Realized yesterday that I was still subconsciously exerting bladder control and holding it in. Which honestly, might explain the leaks, as I flood more. Working hard to just let things happen, where they happen, when they happen. No longer standing up to pee, not trying to adjust things before I do. Just, going. Making less of a fuss about the inevitable. Because it's going to end up in my pants anyway, so why hold back? That's just gonna make me more uncomfortable.

Let's see... other updates. It's hot as all hell, still. Which sucks, and it sucks majorly. Can't wait for fall and winter.

My mental health has been absolute dogshit. Bouncing between aggressively depressed, numb, anxiety, and what feels like building up to hypomania. I'm still on my meds but... I need to make an appt with my psych because. Ugh. Chronic mental illness is a bitch.

Ended the relationship I was in. It made sense; We're both kinda... unsure about our futures and not really in a place to have a relationship at the moment. Still hurts a bit. But I shouldn't be surprised; I need to take more care of my body and myself before I'm really gonna be super happy with other people.

Anyway. That's all I have for today. I'll update soon, hopefully I get a job offer.
Oh cool/good sounds like you am have it under control as far as the career goes... yep breaks are warranted good for you for seeing that... good Luck!

Reactions: Deleted member 57387 and GreenieTheFilly
Back