• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Possible sticky for Diaper Talk

Should we make a Diaper Reviews sticky?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Diaper Reviews: because I see people make diaper reviews, but they never make it into the wiki. So I think it would be a great place for people to post diaper reviews, and include a complete detailed how to on writing one, so we can start seeing people contribute more to the wiki.

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
I think it a good idea. It be like a user review for a product so people who haven't use the product before would know if the product is good or not.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I don't know about a sticky...I think it's fine for people just having regular threads about them...Maybe a subforum, of some sort, but I think it's just better with regular threads, although people should just put them on the Wiki

Role
Private
Nah... definitely not another forum, especially if it's just for diaper reviews.

I think a thread would be all we need, but that begs the question: Why post it in a thread when you can just post it in the Wiki to begin with?

I guess to motivate people to actually write them in the first place. Shall see what Danny has to say.

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
Private
I guess to motivate people to actually write them in the first place. Shall see what Danny has to say.
I know I'm a little bit biased (just a little :p) but the wiki is really the best place for diaper reviews. It allows collaboration much more than the forum does and gives you a lot more flexibility with formatting and stuff.

--Danny :ninja:

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I think it would be a great idea.

I know I'm a little bit biased (just a little :p) but the wiki is really the best place for diaper reviews. It allows collaboration much more than the forum does and gives you a lot more flexibility with formatting and stuff.

But most people don't know how to write a wiki article, they only know BB Code.
A Sticky is a great place to help motivate people, and if they want to they can put it in the wiki, and if they don't, at least those reviews wont get forgotten about. I think it would be a great idea. It will encourage more reviews and make people respect the wiki more.

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
No. If we didn't have the wiki, this is what should be done.

Have one sticky thread, but have all the reviews made by different members in that thread.

This could work even with the wiki, as well. But it does seem kinda pointless. Except for one thing... access. It's much easier having reviews in the Diaper Talk forum. Duplicates could also be placed in the wiki where they can be discussed and edited or updated if need be.

But that idea could mean some extra work.

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Yeah, I think this would make a great sticky. People are always looking for diaper reviews. I think it's better to put this in the forum, because people browse the forum more often than they browse the Wiki. We don't want our diaper review article collecting dust in the Wiki.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I don't know about a sticky... but perhaps a sub-forum for just serious (it's that word again!) reviews on brands and suppliers.

I know that is what the wiki is supposed to be for... I just find it such a pain to make and edit a wiki page that I never bother.

Unless our lovely wiki manager wants to start making topics in the wiki and posting people's reviews in them...

hint hint...

cylenrii

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover,
i think it actually couldn't be half bad to at least have a sub forum that way someone can make there own thread on th diaper there reviewing an it could make it a little more organized than having to search through the thread for the kind of diaper you wan to read on
but thats just my crazy little minds opinion =3

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
I don't know about a sticky...I think it's fine for people just having regular threads about them...Maybe a subforum, of some sort, but I think it's just better with regular threads, although people should just put them on the Wiki
i agree with that. a sub board to the diaper talk forum would be good for just reviews and personal input with said diapers.

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
thats what this title is for cylenri!! [insert diaper brand and model here]

Yeah, I think this would make a great sticky. People are always looking for diaper reviews. I think it's better to put this in the forum, because people browse the forum more often than they browse the Wiki. We don't want our diaper review article collecting dust in the Wiki.
Agreed
I don't know about a sticky... but perhaps a sub-forum for just serious (it's that word again!) reviews on brands and suppliers.

I know that is what the wiki is supposed to be for... I just find it such a pain to make and edit a wiki page that I never bother.

Unless our lovely wiki manager wants to start making topics in the wiki and posting people's reviews in them...

hint hint...
i think it actually couldn't be half bad to at least have a sub forum that way someone can make there own thread on th diaper there reviewing an it could make it a little more organized than having to search through the thread for the kind of diaper you wan to read on
but thats just my crazy little minds opinion =3
Agreed.
People can quote the certain review and put their own input.
We can see what happens with a sticky and if there is a lot of reviews, we can make a sub-forum.

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
Private
I guess I misread your original post, betagame. What you want to do is write a guide for making diaper reviews and post it in the Diaper Talk forum? Hmm...

You've got a valid point - since there's a lot of discussion about diapers there it would be good for people to know how to write reviews of them. However I think that the best place to put a guide like this would be in the wiki so that people can edit the instructions. There are already some basic instructions on the Diaper Reviews category page. By "don't edit this page directly" I mean don't put the reviews on that page yourself. You can still feel free to improve on my rather primitive instructions if you like.

Sorry for reviving 2 week old thread, lol. Just seems to be a lot of wondering going on, and I really screwed up reading the original post so I wanted to clarify.

Status
Not open for further replies.