1. Diaper Lover
what is the best way to be when wetting a diaper. stand sitting laying down ect

Mattew

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer

It really just depends on the person. For me when I was first trying to get started wetting, I needed to be standing. It would take awhile of getting used to everything for me to be able to wet while laying down. Now wetting while laying down is very easy for me.

So I can't really say that there is a best way. It varies from person to person.

Scaramouche

Lover of Life, Singer of Songs
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I found it easier to stand up and that's still the easiest way. Lying down is harder as you have been conditioned all these years not to wet the bed lying down. This may sound strange, but you need to practice and experiment to see what works best for you. Most important - relax and don't force it. Try standing next to running water like the sink.

milesbriefs

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
For the 'best' way I guess that's personal preference. The easiest I assume is standing or sitting because that's how most people pee at the toilet. The way with the least chance to leak: no idea I'll get back to you once I get some diapers to try!

I've only tried to wet lying down once and I couldn't manage it even though I really needed to go, but having read some threads here it seems it's quite common to have difficulty with that.

robbw

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I wet my bed every night so obviously I have no problems wetting laying down. I never stopped wetting at night even after I got potty trained in the day so mom never took me out of night diapers. I'm still in night diapers and if I forget to put my diapers on before bed I will wake up in the middle of the night in a puddle. Its cold too so I generally don't forget my diapers! When I wake up in wet diapers they feel comfortable. The plastic pants keep them warm and they don't feel uncomfortable at all. I have noticed when I wake up with soaked diapers when I get out of bed and stand up I always wet more. I suspect when I wet laying in bed I don't empty fully and what's left comes out when I stand up. I wonder if this is the case with toddlers and babies too?

oleman72

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I myself can wet in any position. The best is standing, but main thing is not to flood if possible. When flooding the diaper can't absorb it fast enough
to prevent leaks. If you control the flow it will help with leaks. It will also depend on what diaper your wearing. Sitting can be the worst for leaking
especially squeeze out in a soaked diaper. Premium diapers are the best as almost all them have leak guards.

It does take practice though in learning how to wet in all positions. I have urge IC so for me it isn't much of problem in any position. Also my volume isn't
as much as it used to be.

WBxx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
In cloth and plastic pants, the best position (not leaking) for me is standing or lying on my back. When standing the excess accumulates in the low hanging crotch from which it slowly wicks into every square inch of the diaper. On back, once front is saturated the excess runs to crotch and backside totally saturating the cloth.

lindland1

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I am pretty good at standing up but either way i still run it the problem as to what to do when it leeks around the top of the diaper i am very careful not to let it leek but i can never fill y diaper completely like i ge t the strong urge to i go but still feel like hereis alot that needs to come out but doesn't

Beloney

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I agree with you. Really depends. I can go in an position even walking and running.

It really just depends on the person. For me when I was first trying to get started wetting, I needed to be standing. It would take awhile of getting used to everything for me to be able to wet while laying down. Now wetting while laying down is very easy for me.

So I can't really say that there is a best way. It varies from person to person.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover

you'll generally have the most capacity while laying down on your back, pointing down (forward?) if appropriate of course. Laying on your side is the most hazardous in a disposable. Sitting isn't terribly safe either. Standing is ok. (until you sit.... er squish... down)

dragon9981

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So far the only position I can comfortably wet is standing. I am trying to relax enough to wet while laying down. I eventually want to be able to wet while sleeping.

bambinod

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
So far the only position I can comfortably wet is standing. I am trying to relax enough to wet while laying down. I eventually want to be able to wet while sleeping.

lots of threads on that. Time and practice will get you as far there as you want to go

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I most often have to stand to wet even getting out of bed in the "wee" hours to go. Sitting or lying in bed is a rare treat and while driving has so far eluded me.

dragon9981

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I had the treat of wetting while driving the other night. Too much to drink and did not use the restroom there .. I am only half way home and have that FULL bladder urge. I tried relaxing and eventually it flowed.

Pulluplover

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I find if a diaper is full already, or I am wearing a good Nights Pull up which is tight on me and could leak with a flood, standing up, but bracing against something with my arms works well to get max volume and less leakage.

MickeyM

Waddling Mouse
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
Sitting down is the easiest for me, I can basically "let go" the whole time and it just flows out when it needs to. Really convenient while sitting at a computer.
Standing is Ok too, might take a little bit more effort.
Laying face down (my normal position) is the hardest, I can only go if I reeely need to go and its painful to hold which is how it is 95% of the mornings. So I usually can only wet while laying down in the mornings, other than that It's painful to sleep face up so I haven't really tried that much. Just don't flood your pull-up/gn in bed, even with my plastic pants I leaked, not surprising there was a ton in the pants. Parents haven't been gone long enough for me to take the mattress casing off, I ended up having to use some stuff for pets and carpets to mask the smell.

Status
Not open for further replies.