Positive AB portrayl in the media

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shukkume

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Seems like an interesting show, though I don't live in Australia so I can't watch it. I'll find a torrent as soon as I get home and then update once I watch a few episodes. Until then, which character is it? I might be able to pull up some information.

EDIT: Just watched the episode, and I have to say that Alex is adorable and a pretty good representation of an ABDL. He really made me reflect on why I'm a caretaker.

Last edited:
E

Error404

Seems like an interesting show, though I don't live in Australia so I can't watch it. I'll find a torrent as soon as I get home and then update once I watch a few episodes. Until then, which character is it? I might be able to pull up some information.

Wikipedia says:

"Jizz" December 12, 2007 Matt Ford Paul Moloney 03 1x03 Heather and her partner Ally want to have a baby, using Ally's good friend Gary. But when Gary's new partner Eadie's troublesome attitude comes to light and legal contracts get waved around, Heather and Ally angrily end the arrangement. Heather devises an unusual solution which sends Ally into a tailspin.
-----

Guessing it's 'Gary'?

Angusmac

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
I'd love to watch this show! TV here in the states has taken a downturn since several good shows have ended or been canceled.

-Gus

Scritcher

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
And, of course it doesn't air in The US. Fail.

My Mac hates streaming, downloading, etc. but I'll figure out a way to watch it.

Little2Roo

Published Author
Company Rep
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Little
Anyone know a way to watch this show over the internet? I live in the US, so can't get it on TV.

Sila

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Other
Just look for torrents of it, I'm sure if you just look for "Satisfaction" under t.v in some torrent sites you'll find it.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Yeah there are torrents on it. I saw one scene and even though its a positive portrayal it made me uncomterble watching it! :O

NickofNewjersey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Yeah there are torrents on it. I saw one scene and even though its a positive portrayal it made me uncomfortable watching it! :O

what is the scene like? Is it worth downloading ten episodes just to see one scene? What happens in the scene? and how does it positively portray us?

Sila

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Other
I thought it was adorable. I just saw it.

Here's a summary, don't click if you want to watch it yourself.
edit: forgot to mention there is quite a bit of sex and nudity in the episode, and some cursing. Watch it in private, lol.

Overall I definitely agree it's portrayed positively, and I'm going to look for the rest of the show on torrents now because I quite like it, and I'm curious as to what happens to the girl on the next episode. x3

Last edited:

sabrael

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
I caught this episode (managed to download just the one episode, which I justify by it being the only way to see it outside of Australia) and quite liked it. Sila's description is pretty good, but I agree that it can be pretty cringeworthy... especially the introduction of the character where he

it's well done, but still hard to watch!

Sila

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Other
I didn't really find that cringe worthy, I found it cute. lol Only thing that coulda been cringe worthy was

Ah well, i liked it ^^

sabrael

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
Hmmm... it would be completely impossible to watch this with someone else in the room who wasn't AB/DL aware! As an aside, I think television is "smart" that way and very vindictive towards young men. I am certain that TV is designed to show boobs the moment a parent walks into the room, for example... :)

ZodiacPup

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Well, in my opinion, it is very, uhm... disturbing that media shows AB/DLism, even in a "positive" way... Uninitiated and biased people will always be an obstacle to acceptance. The more we are hidden, the safer I feel.

Sila

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Other
I wonder if Netflix would carry it?

didn't see it on there. x3;
Well, in my opinion, it is very, uhm... disturbing that media shows AB/DLism, even in a "positive" way... Uninitiated and biased people will always be an obstacle to acceptance. The more we are hidden, the safer I feel.

I feel the opposite honestly. I'm glad that the media is trying to explain it a bit in a short but positive light. The more that the world is exposed to, the less of a blow it is when someone they love comes out of the closet, so to speak. It also puts a word to those who may feel the same, but they don't have access to the internet or don't even know how to being searching for it.

Scritcher

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
@ Dogboy: Even if Netflix did carry it, you would need an international DVD player to play the DVD - or, you'd need a DVD player that would play Region 4 DVDs (AU and South America).
@ Sila: I'll be quoting part of that conversation from the episode in my sig. 8D

E

Error404

If anyone has this episode and MSN...Care to PM me? Thanks. ^_^

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I caught this episode (managed to download just the one episode, which I justify by it being the only way to see it outside of Australia) and quite liked it. Sila's description is pretty good, but I agree that it can be pretty cringeworthy... especially the introduction of the character where he

it's well done, but still hard to watch!

It was alittlebit Gringeworthy wasnt it? I mean it had a nice message and all but that doesnt change that it was gringewortjy.

Error404, screw msn, takes so long time to transfer music & movies, used torrents. It will take less than 3 minutes if you have a got torrent to find season 1! :)

Sila

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Other
It was alittlebit Gringeworthy wasnt it? I mean it had a nice message and all but that doesnt change that it was gringewortjy.

Error404, screw msn, takes so long time to transfer music & movies, used torrents. It will take less than 3 minutes if you have a got torrent to find season 1! :)

i think the msn part was so he could get a link to a torrent off-site =p

Status
Not open for further replies.