• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Poop Indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

Yumi

I clicked this thread because the title seemed really stupid.

The thread matches the title.

No one would use it, there isn't a need for it. As Pojo said, smell is a big indicator.

NovaSurf

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
I clicked this thread because the title seemed really stupid.

The thread matches the title.

No one would use it, there isn't a need for it. As Pojo said, smell is a big indicator.
Well...for people like me that are bowel+bladder IC, have no skin feeling (around my diaper area), and are on perscription enzyme pills to coverthe smell of poop - it doesn't seem so stupid.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Well Nova... you make a good point. Without some sort of feeling there probably isn't much of a way to tell if you've defecated or not. I'm pretty sure that typical "wetness indicators" work with fecal matter b/c there is typically some form of moisture present. However I imagine it is difficult to check the wetness indicator on the rear of one's own diaper.

I shall ponder this and return with a suggestion.

g6s

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
you're also the kind of people that can reach around and feel the outside of the garment...

i don't even know how they would implement it... you know?

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
How about the huge bulge in the back. Running a hand over your diaper would accomplish the task. And the ozzy, mushy feeling. If you have no feeling in your diaper area, exactly how would a visible indicator on your butt help out? How would you look at your own butt?

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
How about the huge bulge in the back. Running a hand over your diaper would accomplish the task. And the ozzy, mushy feeling.
How about considering someone in a wheelchair? They can't exactly reach back there and feel their own arse easily.

I suppose regularly scheduled changes might be the best option. That way you won't be sitting in it for too long.

NovaSurf

Est. Contributor
Role
Incontinent
Well Nova... you make a good point. Without some sort of feeling there probably isn't much of a way to tell if you've defecated or not. I'm pretty sure that typical "wetness indicators" work with fecal matter b/c there is typically some form of moisture present. However I imagine it is difficult to check the wetness indicator on the rear of one's own diaper. I shall ponder this and return with a suggestion.
Why couldn't they make an indicator that runs from back to front?

S

soren456

A big smile? :D

(Or a shit-eating grin, as some would say . . . . )

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
^^ Or it looks kinda weird if you're feeling around your ass in public. *smirk*
Well, some people think their butt is so cute and awesome that they can't get enough of it and have to keep grabbing it and and making sure it's still around. :tongueout:

Peachy

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
What about some sort of extension that you can wrap around another part of your body, and there are some kind of sensor things, so when the diaper is filled, the thing that's wrapped around your arm or leg or whatever will vibrate, or inflate (like those blood pressure checker things), or something like that

Or you can have something that blares a loud obnoxious alarm :D

BabyMullet

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
^^ Or it looks kinda weird if you're feeling around your ass in public. *smirk*
I do it all the time, this buttocks of mine is awesome! It even has a tattoo on it.

It would be an interesting thing to see. Practically I see very little in such a device. But it would an interesting visual clue to a caretaker that not only is there a smell, but now a large visual cue...interesting I will say again.

PrinceMatthew

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Why couldn't they make an indicator that runs from back to front?
because usually its from a chemical reaction. at least it is with the wetness indicators, as the color changes from the urine mixing with whatever it is that changes the color. and most likely the wetness will absorb before going from one side of the indicator to the other.

RoxyRava

Contributor
Role
Private
I'd say this went from a seemingly stupid thread to a legitimately interesting one.

"...feces contain urease which catalyzes the conversion of the urea in urine to ammonia which irritates the skin and can cause painful redness." - Wikipedia

If urease can catalyze urea, it may be able to catalyze an indicator compound. Or perhaps, assuming one's diaper contains urine, there's a way to take advantage of the urea reaction to trigger an indicator. Or something along those lines...

Either way, wheelchair cases aside, checking an indicator (which would have to be done frequently to avoid rash) would be almost as troublesome as checking the diaper itself. I'd go with what Darkfinn said about regularly scheduled changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.