*POLL* MegaMax Tapes Question: Adhesive or Hook & Loop

Adhesive or Hook & Loop Tapes & Landing Zone

• Keep Adhesive Tapes

• Switch to Hook and Loop Style

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wis2020ABDL said:
NorthShoreAdam, does this mean NorthShore is also considering changing the outer diaper shell to the non-woven cloth style to accommodate hook and loop??? I hope not. In my opinion, the reason MegaMax is so awesome is because it is a plastic-back diaper that won’t leak up to 12 hours with great odor protection.
The Dinorawrz are a plastic shelled diaper with a hook and loop and I like how those work. I honestly think that if it’s done right it could be good. I would honestly like to see a choice of both.

Reactions: DLsecretlittle, Lawrence and Jonnythepony
Although Megamax is one of the few diapers that I don't mind the tapes , because of its landing strip. But I would not be opposed to hook & loop system.
My real problem with Megamax is the large capacity. I don't care for the extra bulk. But other than that, Megamax seems to have other features that Supreme & Supreme Lite doesn't have.

I also would like to see both styles. But only being able to choose one, I would prefer them to stay the way they are.

@NorthShoreAdam is it possible to add a landing zone to the supremes and supreme lites?

Reactions: LittleSplit, PaSS, 30stm and 1 other person
I think it should stay with regular tapes.

I like the Megamax with the tapes like they are. They are epic. They’re the best tapes I’ve ever seen. I completely understand that the tapes might be loud in public situations and why people like hook and loop. If I want that feature, I get a different brand, like Rearz. There are a few choices. But there’s only one product just like Megamax. If you’re going to mess with it, figure out how to get the factories in China to put padding all the way into the wings.

Reactions: Deleted member 52837
I voted to keep the tapes, but hook and loop is tolerable as long as it's got a good landing zone and the tabs still have an adhesive section so that I can tape used diapers into a tight little roll. The xp5000 is a good example of a diaper that implements hook and loop well.

Personally I like the tapes on megamax. They hold great , they re-tape fine. I`ve never had a problem with them.

Soarandragon said:
@NorthShoreAdam is it possible at all to make a megamax version with Hook and Loop and a version with adhesive tapes? I like both but in different circumstances. The tapes work well for out and about and work while the hook and loops are great for extended use around the house and at bedtime.
It could be possible but would be very expensive for us to keep inventory of both versions. We're hoping to avoid making two identical diapers with only difference being the tape style...but I'm not ruling it out.

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
Wis2020ABDL said:
NorthShoreAdam, does this mean NorthShore is also considering changing the outer diaper shell to the non-woven cloth style to accommodate hook and loop??? I hope not. In my opinion, the reason MegaMax is so awesome is because it is a plastic-back diaper that won’t leak up to 12 hours with great odor protection.
No, shell would remain plastic. Only the landing zone would change from smooth plastic to micro-hook landing zone.

• Love
Reactions: DLsecretlittle, BobbiSueEllen and PaSS
Soarandragon said:
@NorthShoreAdam is it possible to add a landing zone to the supremes and supreme lites?
Not at this time. We could make lighter absorbency versions of MegaMax. Would that be of interest?

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen, AAO, jdp070 and 2 others
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the Mega Max diaper as it is now.

So don't try to fix something that ain't broke.

If you wanna make a diaper with hook and loop fasteners, that's great. I'm sure it'll be a top performer too
But do it by coming out with a totally new diaper.with a totally new name.

Reactions: reval and NorthShoreAdam
AAO said:
The MegaMax is a great diaper as it is. Please don’t go changing it.
I agree! I had a problem with the tapes on my previous case but this one is great! I love this diaper as is!

Reactions: NorthShoreAdam
The main reason I purchase the MegaMax diapers is because the tapes work, I have never had one come undone, yes they can be a pain to undo, but thats only happens when I change my diaper.
Keep the tapes as is.

Reactions: Teddy and NorthShoreAdam
babyboy061997 said:
what part makes it more expensive the tax or the shipping
The duty fees and the conversion to Canadian dollars a case would be around 200cad 250 dollars. Though heavier things tend to cost more, Amazon charges on weight too.

Last edited:
NorthShoreAdam said:
Not at this time. We could make lighter absorbency versions of MegaMax. Would that be of interest?
Absolutely. The main reason Megamaxs are my go to especially for work is I can trust the tapes. The supremes I get (especially the last case I got of the purples) the tapes pop 1/3 times and I’m not even getting 3-4 hours out of them. That was kind of the reason for asking if landing zones could be added to the supremes.

Reactions: LittleSplit
Babyboyzen said:
There's absolutely nothing wrong with the Mega Max diaper as it is now.

So don't try to fix something that ain't broke.

If you wanna make a diaper with hook and loop fasteners, that's great. I'm sure it'll be a top performer too
But do it by coming out with a totally new diaper.with a totally new name.
The biggest reason for the question is that there have been issues with the tapes melding with the landing zone leading to ripping when changing. I have had this issue as well and there are, I think, 2 different threads on here in regards to this. NorthshoreAdam was proposing this question to see if a) the adhesive needs to be reviewed or b) if a different tape system could be used that people would be interested in. There are people like myself that do enjoy both hook and loop style and the tape w/ landing zone style. He was gaging what the interest of each was to see which the IC community wanted and the abdl community wanted. It’s a fair question.

Reactions: Jonnythepony and NorthShoreAdam
Back