Poll: Medium size ABDL diapers need slightly wider wings.

Tapes/Wings should be a bit longer?

• Yes

Votes: 37 74.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 26.0%

• Total voters

neophyte

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
For the most part ABDL medium diapers fit me perfectly, but the tapes/back wings should extend a bit longer for a better wrap and hug. This is true for any brand (ABU, Rearz, and especially Tykables. My hips are proportionate to my body, but I feel like it's a bit of a struggle to get the tapes on in a way that wrap and hug properly. Large diapers are way too big and leak, way too big.

Does anyone else think that the tapes/wings should extend out a bit more?

Example, I want my diaper to hook up like the image below... but the tapes are much closer to my sides rather than the front.

aa11111.png

Reactions: Diapertoddler, FudgedInLuvs, Lumos and 4 others
I agree. I don't know whether tapes on the side or in front are better for leak protection, but for purely illogical reasons I like a diaper that I can wrap myself in, with plenty of material. If the wings meet or overlap in the front, no problem.

Have you tried MegaMax diapers?
I’ve found that their medium size is a tad bigger than every other companies medium size diapers, both in length and width

Reactions: David00 and KrankyPants
I voted "no" but that is for me. When I wear an M4 to ski (or I have tried the Camo pictured above) I get a medium size and it fits me much like the guy's waist in your picture above. Specific body types are difficult to fit sometimes with only a S, M or L as a choice.

Reactions: Jonnythepony and Chocobo114
I've had many trial and errors with diapering over the years, I would always try and land my tapes just like the picture posted above, when my then girlfriend at the time (wife now) excepted my diapers and stuff she started to diaper me, I really needed her touch, she started taking my bottom tapes and angling them diagonally up, basically the bottom tapes landed right before the edge of the wing where it meets the diapers absorbent padding. The top tape then goes right over the top of the bottom (essentially hiding it or covering it) and tapes to the diapers taping panel.
This has allowed the padding to not be compressed in the groin area but to expand outward and channel down and to the back or rear seat for better wicking. Since the bottom tapes are angled diagonal up as you move around and the diaper settles the rear leg gussets or leak guards still stay snug to your back side and creates a diaper seat as it gets wet, in other words leaks get prevented and the diaper material wicks better up the backside for increased longevity of the diaper, and the tapes wont rip of stretch out since the body force on the diaper is more evenly distributed between the 4 tapes rather then the bottom 2 first taking the abuse, stretching out and then transferring the stress to the top 2 tapes.

Reactions: WillFord384
pampers4U said:
I've had many trial and errors with diapering over the years, I would always try and land my tapes just like the picture posted above, when my then girlfriend at the time (wife now) excepted my diapers and stuff she started to diaper me, I really needed her touch, she started taking my bottom tapes and angling them diagonally up, basically the bottom tapes landed right before the edge of the wing where it meets the diapers absorbent padding. The top tape then goes right over the top of the bottom (essentially hiding it or covering it) and tapes to the diapers taping panel.
This has allowed the padding to not be compressed in the groin area but to expand outward and channel down and to the back or rear seat for better wicking. Since the bottom tapes are angled diagonal up as you move around and the diaper settles the rear leg gussets or leak guards still stay snug to your back side and creates a diaper seat as it gets wet, in other words leaks get prevented and the diaper material wicks better up the backside for increased longevity of the diaper, and the tapes wont rip of stretch out since the body force on the diaper is more evenly distributed between the 4 tapes rather then the bottom 2 first taking the abuse, stretching out and then transferring the stress to the top 2 tapes.
Any chance you can post a photo of the end result for your tape placement?

ThinkandComfy said:
Any chance you can post a photo of the end result for your tape placement?
No, unfortunately since I dont have avatar I cant post pics, dont feel like messing around with things.

If you wanted the ec status without an actual picture, you could just make something like this your avatar

Attachments

• images~2.png
    images~2.png
    1.4 KB · Views: 5
yes! That’s my biggest pet peeves. Medium diapers- the tapes barely touches the front wings and the skin of my hips are visible. And then the large- perfect wing lengths but waistbands are very tall on my belly and back so I feel like I’m swimming in it.

I'd say no for wider wings but yes for an extended taping panel. When the lower tapes extend over the leg elastics like in this pic I tend to leak from the front sides because the leg elastics aren't sealing. This is the biggest problem I have with large diapers. When the lower tapes land outside the leg elastics, the diaper seals up just fine so long as it isn't too tight.

Mediums typically fit just fine for me, but on many, like the Tykables, the lower tapes barely reach the edge of the panel. And the panel doesn't extend to the edge of the front wing plastic. This kinda sucks because I like Tykables the most. I still use them a lot, but I wish they fit just a bit better.

Some ABU diapers ( PeekABUs, DinoRawrZ, Preschools) have a similar problem. But the medium ABU Space (and Little Pawz) and the Rearz mediums are practically perfect--ample taping panel that permit a great seal without making them so tight I can't use the diaper fully.

I voted no because most mediums fit larger on me. I am about 30" in my waistie waist. The only diaper that I have found that is medium that fits me like a medium is Tena diapers with the 4-tapes. The Tena Stretch and ProSkin that have the single velcro both have wings that are too long, so I have to staple two or so inches of the wings so they fit.

I will say, MegaMax medium sounds like a must try diaper, if you have not tried one yet.

It’s all going to depend on your size ... if they were wider than any of the smaller folks wouldn’t be able to fit and there are very few small diapers to go down in size. The only way it would work is if they added more sizes so they only needed to adjust 3-4” instead of 10-12” that some do now. If I wear mediums - the Tapes almost overlap in the front depends on where my weight is at the moment. I would like them way shorter so I actually could wear them .... but some brands do fit smaller or bigger so maybe just need to try some differnt onea?

Reactions: tails1234
I’m a yes vote but my beef with many mediums is the low-rise fit. Confidry, are you listening? 😘

I vote YES, but then again that’s just because I have a 32” waist and thicker hips/thighs. No diaper will fit everybody perfectly. I guess if I want more “wing length” I’ll have to hit the gym and lost some waist!

'Regular' size diapers used to be a thing, a size in between medium and large.
I could do with a few inches more length/rise from most mediums, but the top tapes are usually only 2-3 inches apart when fastened, so no hope of any large fitting me tightly

Reactions: jamiejamie
I have thick legs, makes the bottom tapes much less useful. I usually do "Large size" XL would be too big.

Mediums need longer wings. Worse case I tuck them or cut them smaller if need be. Most I've use barely fit my thighs or are extremely tight after. I've gotten chaffing from them on drive home a couple times. Also large is to big for my waist. Havent grown into those yet. Lol

Back