Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
I was thinking of creating a thread in games along the following lines:

We all know (?) the Onion News Network, which creates parody news items:

Home | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Local Raccoons Once Again Take The Fall For Area Man | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

The Onion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

My thread will encourage posters to post Onion-like parody articles mixed with genuine but Onion-like articles, so as to deliberately blur the line between them.

The game occurs inside the reader's head: was I fooled?

One would click on "This is genuine"/"This is Fake"
Then one clicks on the truth (possibly simply hidden with [spoiler] [/spoiler] (hey I got to use [noparse] tags! :D)
Actually only one click would do: true/false and the system automatically pops up right/wrong. I would certainly be interested in tracking which posts were thought truthiest or not, and which fooled the most people - and then one could track which authors had a talent for writing this stuff.

And the poll tracks how many were fooled, or not, by their own admission

So each post would get its own poll. Is this doable?

Last edited:

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
You can still do the game without the polls. Just have one poll at the beginning that says : We're you fooled? or just forgoe the poll alltogether.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
There are several ways, clumsy ways, that could be rigged using links, say each post linking to its own thread, with its own poll. This would be cumbersome to set up, a waste of forum resources perhaps, and kind of deflate the joke, I think. I am of the definite opinion that putting this up for discussion is worthwhile before trying to build anything that would be a pain to dismantle - or a pain to leave in place. As with rubber, cross-linking makes things tough and harder to degrade.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross-link

Otherwise we follow Chillhouse. (Hey - if Moo or RJ did decide to code this they could sell/give it back to VB :D

Status
Not open for further replies.