• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Poll about The Rules. Please everybody vote!

Have you read the rules?

• Yes fully.

Votes: 32 46.4%
  • Yes, I've flicked through them.

Votes: 34 49.3%
  • No, or practically not.

Votes: 3 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
This is an anonymous poll by the way. :p

Have you, personally, read the rules?

Yes fully. This means you have read through all the rules, opened all the spoiler tags, and generally know the rules very well.

Yes, I've flicked through them. This means that maybe you glanced through them once, or perhaps just read the short version.

No, or practically not. This means that you've either never looked at them, or if you ever did you you didn't really pay much attention at all.

The rules are here BTW:
http://www.adisc.org/forum/announcements-news/697-rules.html

(Obviously I'm asking about having read them BEFORE this thread. :p)

I'm not sure why I'm making this thread, I guess I just want to get an idea of how many people have read the rules. I'd especially like to hear from newbies, and how long it took them to get round to reading (or finding?) them.
And generally discuss the rules, or the results of the poll.

quattrus

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
I voted "Yes, I've flicked through them."

Ok, how many lashes do I get for not having voted for the 1st option? :whip:

Well, actually, I had read a previous version of them, but probably didn't bother to check them thoroughly when they got updated.

It's like the instruction booklet of electronic devices: I hardly ever read it, 'cause usually some common sense is more than enough to make them work properly. :tongueout:

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
We have rules on this site? Really though, I've flicked through them.

g6s

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
When I saw this, I stopped and read them all just to be able to click that mark on this vote.

Before that? I used common courtesy as my guidelines (sometimes).

Squigma

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur
I've read through them fully once or twice. I don't particularly remember them though, because generally, I don't need to. I think it's fairly obvious what is and isn't accepted here.

Takashi

Always willing to give help to those who seek it.
Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
I flick through them every now and then.

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I've flicked trough them once. As everybody else said, you generally don't need more than common sense. It's good to at least look at them once though, to see if there are any specific rules that goes beyond common sense. For example: the no memes rule.

r0bino

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I don't remember the rules having spoiler tags, but maybe I just forgot about it. I think I read them fully shortly after joining.

Mistah

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I voted "No" then read them afterwards, because I felt bad. :p

F

Falkio

Yes. I attend a lot of other boards (all unrelated), and hopefully have developed good forum etiquette. The generally excepted standard is:

1.) No spamming
2.) Nothing creepy
3.) Don’t cause drama
4.) Stay anonymous
5.) Post thoughtfully

This is what makes ADISC a great place. Forum rules are boring, but their for a reason. :graduate: I try to read them when I sign up.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I've read through them in full. I only do this when they are updated, but do it every time they are updated. Probably couldn't name then, but I've never had a problem with them. Also, if I did read them, I would probably become some sort of rules lawyer and whatever situation you get a rules lawyer in, more problems are created than solved.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
I read through the whole deal. Forum and Chat.

Mesmerale

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
I put that I've flicked through them, because I've read them in full once or twice, but I couldn't begin to recite any of them. (Except whichever one is currently Val's signature. :) )

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I've read through them in full. I only do this when they are updated, but do it every time they are updated. Probably couldn't name then, but I've never had a problem with them. Also, if I did read them, I would probably become some sort of rules lawyer and whatever situation you get a rules lawyer in, more problems are created than solved.
I think the bit about rules-lawering is a good point. I know the rules are about more than rep, but particularly as it pertains to that, I've taken the point of this is to know the rules, but then not to employ them like a bludgeon. If I were interested in applying negative rep according to the letter of the rules, I think we'd have a few less VIPs around and it would be a less friendly place than it is. It's imperfect, but I do try to see where someone is coming from when they post something, but also look at how it might be interpreted by someone who is coming in completely new. I'm pretty easy going on it, though.

Personally, I think we'd be better off as a site/community if people posted a bit less often, holding off for when they really have something to say rather than just to increase post count or alleviate boredom or whatever, but I don't think that personal theory is worth negrepping or even complaining (much) about. I understand that not everyone thinks the same as I do, and that's part of what keeps things interesting. The post that I think is dumb and unnecessary may prompt someone else to say something else altogether unexpected that I'll really enjoy, or maybe it's not for me at all, but highly enjoyable (and harmless) to others. I think all that's called for is a little generosity of spirit rather than a game of "Gotcha!" with negreps, harsh words, and bans as the prizes.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Other
I've read all the rules over time via occasional flickings. Never made a point to read them all at once. Most are pretty common sense and establish a minimum standard of conduct/behavior on the forums. Something any respectable forum or group needs to maintain a semblance of order and decency.

~Pramrider

Slycamer

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
well i have read them fully twice but it really takes a while to find them.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I think I read them all when I first became a member. I'm sure some have been added. I also followed the advise of reading other members posts, and I tried to get a feel for the site.

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, , Carer
I'm still casually making my way down the list. Only one or two more to break.

Status
Not open for further replies.