Politics Forum

ShyBoo81

Just a simple guy who likes cute things
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
However, let's honestly say why we come here to rant about politics. (or at least my opinion why) It's because we don't have to once again separate ABDL from every other part of our lives. Let me illustrate that sentence with an example, I have two Reddit accounts, one for ABDL, one for everything else. Guess which account I have to make sure I'm in if I wanted to go comment on the politics or news subreddit?
Of all things you could have combined ABDL with, why politics? I incorporate a bit of ABDL into stuff like the color of my iPhone for example. But politics? Just why???

I sure hope you’re not using your ABDL Reddit to comment on political news…

CutePrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Of all things you could have combined ABDL with, why politics? I incorporate a bit of ABDL into stuff like the color of my iPhone for example. But politics? Just why???

well for me, i take it that politics is with everything else and here tails gets to be different

tails1234

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
it can tie in some issues, like transgender issues. It can also start as a tangent off a comment.

is it like your looking to rant about politic issues here while seeing who may agree or disagree with you? Why do you need 2 different user names on reddit?

I am going to be honest, I know nothing about reddit so i am clueless on how things ran. I mean if they personally insult your political opinion based on you abdl don't they mod that sort of thing?
I'm not looking to rant. I just think that people are that. people. everyone here is all different ages, races, genders, AB's DL's, conservatives, democrats, etc. and taking all of those traits and saying "nope we just do diapers here" well it's a bit, "cheap" to me. And I say this because every other forum I've been on and looked at always has sub-forums that differ widely from the main reason for the site, IE general discussion forums. So having a politics forum on a diaper site IS weird...but ehh we're all supposed to be adults here anyways. The reason I bring up Reddit is that it was created as a website to be the "all in one forum" so to speak. Any topic I want to talk about I can find a subreddit for, from ABDL to people with the opinion that "Grandpa Joe" in Willy Wonka is a the most terrible character in the history of fiction. (not a joke) But the thing about Reddit is that any other user can go and see your post history and what subreddits you post on. Numerous times it's brought up in the ABDL subreddit "I used my main account to go here and then go to other subreddits and it lead to me getting bashed because I'm an ABDL" happens a decent bit. They mod it a bit but by the time 50 people downvote you to oblivion and call you a pedophile...well there is only so much mods can do.

tails1234

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private

it's weird and there are numerous problems with it. I will never ever deny that. Not one bit. But that last sentence, and the fact that politics right now is either a huge fight between differing opinons or an echo chamber. yeah it's weird here but in some ways it makes trying to discuss this stuff on the internet simpler. I'm not talking to 30 thousand people on reddit or getting beat down by an echo chamber for having a different opinion. Or getting banned by a mod at a subreddit just because I had a differing view than they do. Do I understand it is a huge deal for the moderation staff here YES. is there a very large part of me that supports sending that forum away for good. YES. but there are still pros and cons to every decision. And allowing ABDL's to talk about other "adult" topics like politics in a place where no one is automatically going to throw around the word pedophile only happens here and you can make that be worth whatever you want it to be.

Last edited:

tails1234

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
@CutePrincess dang it I'm tired and misunderstood the first sentence of that post to me. Sorry. Short version is you need two accounts because if people from certain subreddits you post in look at your profile and find posts from ABDL subreddits you are going to get called very bad names. The potential for mob mentality and basically cyberbullying behavior on Reddit if you have one account for everything is high. That's why you go on the ABDL reddit and so many usernames are the word "throwaway" followed by a series of random numbers.

ShyBoo81

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
it can tie in some issues, like transgender issues. It can also start as a tangent off a comment.
I wish it wasnt, but unfortunately some topics like transgender and guns are tied to politics no doubt

What I do hate is when someone goes on a political tangent over a comment that has nothing to do with it in the first place. Its such an a-hole move IMO

Last edited:

ShyBoo81

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
And allowing ABDL's to talk about other "adult" topics like politics in a place where no one is automatically going to throw around the word pedophile only happens here and you can make that be worth whatever you want it to be.
Wow… Well I guess thats one benefit of bringing politics into ABDL. Pretty sad that people (outside of ABDL) will get so heated over a debate that they’ll accuse you of being a pedo.

Anyways think Im done here. Honestly dont wanna get trapped in this rabbit hole.

If Moo ultimately decides to keep the politics forum, then whatever. I’ll just continue ignoring it as always.

Last edited:

tails1234

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Wow… Well I guess thats one benefit of bringing politics into ABDL. Pretty sad that people (outside of ABDL) will get so heated over a debate that they’ll accuse you of being a pedo.

Anyways think Im done here. Honestly dont wanna get trapped in this rabbit hole.

If Moo ultimate decides to keep the politics forum, then whatever. I’ll just continue ignoring it as always.
goodnight!

CutePrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
"I used my main account to go here and then go to other subreddits and it lead to me getting bashed because I'm an ABDL" happens a decent bit. They mod it a bit but by the time 50 people downvote you to oblivion and call you a pedophile...well there is only so much mods can do.
yikes, had no idea it was that bad, thanks for the warning if i ever go on there, def using 2 accts then
@CutePrincess dang it I'm tired and misunderstood the first sentence of that post to me. Sorry. Short version is you need two accounts because if people from certain subreddits you post in look at your profile and find posts from ABDL subreddits you are going to get called very bad names. The potential for mob mentality and basically cyberbullying behavior on Reddit if you have one account for everything is high. That's why you go on the ABDL reddit and so many usernames are the word "throwaway" followed by a series of random numbers.
na you did fine, you commented on my main question fine. and wow at the extra detail in user names, didn't know it was that bad

Last edited:

Chosen

ʟᴏɴᴇʟʏ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍᴇʀ
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I guess my bringing up why the hell a politics sub-forum exists on an ABDL site such as this, only to be frowned upon by the moderators, is seeming kinda hypocritical huh?

Last edited:

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've experienced the same thing before, without even going to News and Politics Subreddits (it was a Hobby subreddit)

Pretty much any time someone is losing some Argument on Reddit, they will go through your Post history to see what they can dig up to get an Angry mob after you

Of course ABDL is probably one of the more Popular Go-To things they could dig up

Of course Reddit is just toxic in General (outside a few mostly positive areas)

EpicOne1997

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I am going to be honest, I know nothing about reddit so i am clueless on how things ran.
You would probably appreciate reddit. They have upvote (+) / down one (-) vs thumbs up or laugh face here. Instant gratification. Someone can even give you gems or whatever worth points if they love your comment. Idk. Something like that. I wasn't on it long. I didnt really understand that whole ranking or whatever

Last edited:

CutePrincess

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
You would probably appreciate reddit. They have upvote (+) / down one (-) vs thumbs up or laugh face here. Instant gratification. Someone can even give you gems or whatever worth points if they love your comment. Idk. Something like that. I wasn't on it long. I didnt really understand that whole ranking or whatever
I am not sure how to say the following without the possibility of it being taken the wrong way but I wish I saw this tone in other places by you at some points in our interactions. You didn't make it sound as an absolute, you admit full experience therefor why the comment can be taken with a grain of salt. this is my way of showing why I appreciate the comment.
The EpicOne1997 of this post is someone I would be very happy to engage with on political issues.
like what was said here.

Last edited:

DylanLewis

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I am not sure how to say the following without the possibility of it being taken the wrong way but I wish I saw this tone in other places by you at some points in our interactions. You didn't make it sound as an absolute, you admit full experience therefor why the comment can be taken with a grain of salt. this is my way of showing why I appreciate the comment.

like what was said here.
CutePrincess

Your appreciation of EpicOne1997's courageous post does you credit.

One of most genuine ways of appreciating EpicOne1997's courageously honest self reflection might be to reflect similarly.

Regards. Dylan.

GermanDL

Poopypants Pirate
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Hey Administrators, wanted to say i like your decision to close the Politics Forum for the time.
I think in times like these where it seems we have forgotten how to strife with each other on a
level of mutual respect, it has only brought up splitting inside our community.

Not all but a few people (myself included) need to become way more mature before we open up
that space again, because we need to relearn how to discuss and how to strife without insulting.

Everyone of us, no matter of Right or Left sees himself a bit as part of an elite, that knows everything,
while the algorithm feeds us in our bubble with people that think all alike us.
We stopped watching the other side and give them space to lay down their view, and we deny their
intelligence, because we are right and if they have opposing ideas, they are wrong and so they must be idiots.

I hope this silent time around the Christmas time will help us, remember that we are all humans, that even people
with ideas and views that we don't like are not stupid, just because they have a different view.

Last edited:

Subtlerustle

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
My opinion here but I hope one day, we the people, wake up and recognize that we’re all being gamed. As alluded to above by our German friend, your “news” feed is so tailored to your on-line habits that it’s a perpetual echo chamber. The deeper and longer you play the more outlandish the nonsense you’re fed.
I always try to remember what my 3rd year Stats Professor said on day one. “Numbers aren’t supposed to lie but always question the source”.
So here’s a guy whose life’s work is statistics and he’s reminding us that it’s all meaningless if the supplier has an agenda. I never forgot this.
Both sides of the political spectrum have an agenda and despite the messaging, you and I are just a means to an end for them. Some may call this cynical. I prefer enlightened.

ronnieM

Professional Baby, 24/7
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I am glad it is gone IF politics are strictly disallowed from the rest of the forums. This is one of the dumber places to be talking about politics. Toddlers don't know or care about politics, and if you're ABDL, you probably shouldn't either.

Jeremiah

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I believe that the Politics forum is good to have. Political forums are eco chambers. Here, there is a diversity of opinion that is nice.

However, I believe that the rules could be improved. My biggest complaint is that some parties like to spam an opinion and personally attack opposing opinions. That starts a toxic back-and-forth tit-for-tat argument that is never good or productive. For this website, saying someone is wrong in the politics forum is unacceptable. Asking questions in a positive manner and stating opinion without attacking others should be encouraged.

Rules 4, 5, and 6 are unenforceable in practice. May I suggest that those be moved from the rules to the debate suggestions.

Before resuming the political discussions, could you have a code of conduct that must be accepted in order to participate. Also, could someone write a debate tips section including fallacies of logic, strawman, and other poor debate tactics. In that section, evaluating sources should be encouraged.