Pokemon Sword and Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm skipping over this Pokemon Generation

At 1st I was thrilled that a new Generation was coming out on the Switch; since I found some redeeming qualities to Sun and Moon (I tried them out after not being too impressed with the 2 previous generations, and was pleasantly surprised)

But then my Enthusiasm dipped a lot after hearing that they would be cutting Pokemon from the PokeDex with no National PokeDex and thus if it's not included in the game theres no way you can transfer it forward from older games to Sword and Shield.

When I found out the "High Quality" Animations are still pretty much average and you cant switch off the EXP Share; and then the final coffin was just how many Pokemon they are excluding?

From 900+ (counting new Pokemon) down to only 400 or so?

I am definitely not buying even a single copy given the $60 + tax price point and the huge reduction in amount of old Pokemon

I would have gladly bought both versions if the Pokedex was even 700-800ish range in total; but I cant see spending $60 for a new game with less Pokemon than several Generations ago

Not to mention average animations and the always on EXP Share (bad for trying to maximize stats)

What kinda "destroyed" the Pokémon games for me where all the additional stuff that's going on like the mega evolutions, z-moves and now gigadynamax and armors....and again mostly for pokemon who already have/had something already.

I will most likely put in on my christmas wishlist because there is not much I want anyway, if I end up getting it I'll play it, if not...well another skipped Pokémon game (maybe that sounds stupid/selfish idk).

Well most of the old gimmicks never returned for new installments anyways, so that's kinda a moot point

I Pokemon Snap was my #1 played Pokemon game ... I do not understand modern Poke-Monsters
hqdefault.jpg

KitsuneFox said:
I Pokemon Snap was my #1 played Pokemon game ... I do not understand modern Poke-Monsters
hqdefault.jpg

Some people like competitive battling, some have favorite Pokemon and like using them

Some are 100% completionist and want to get as much of the PokeDex full as possible and want it to be challenging

Its really not all that hard to understand and they had full transferring from old games for 5 Pokemon Game Generations before they took it away and didnt even try to satisfy the most people possible

Otherwise they would have waited to make "Town" (their New IP) later on; after Pokemon Sword and Shield

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back