PokeMon no longer a priority to GameFreak

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
What do you think about GameFreak trying to "diversify" and PokeMon not being a Priority to them any more?

I think it is a shame that the Franchise that has made up 97% of their sales is being treated like it doesn't matter all that much any more, they are focusing on other games as their priority and trying to make something else that is gonna be as successful as PokeMon

I think they are foolish for trying and its gonna end up not resulting in anything that will touch the success level of PokeMon

All they are doing is sabotaging what upcoming Pokemon game are going to be like, because the games are going to suffer as long as they divert money and resources away from PokeMon

I think the best we can hope for is that those other games fall flat and they realize the error of their ways

Last edited:

w0lfpack91

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur, Little
Pokemon lost the plot back in the late 2000s. Its basicly running off nostalgia anymore. If gamefreak was to double down on pokemon in this decade they would go bankrupt before the 2030. pokemon has not progressed well into the 3D format of gaming and have traditionally been anywhere from 10-15 years behind the technology curve in development plus eventually Nintendo will run dry on ideas.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Pokemon lost the plot back in the late 2000s. Its basicly running off nostalgia anymore. If gamefreak was to double down on pokemon in this decade they would go bankrupt before the 2030. pokemon has not progressed well into the 3D format of gaming and have traditionally been anywhere from 10-15 years behind the technology curve in development plus eventually Nintendo will run dry on ideas.
Pokemon has been doing fine, worth $90 billion as a Franchise and apparently $16 Billion (or more) just for the Video Games

Yes I would agree that they could have done better with the last several Generations

I liked Gens 1-4 the most, 5 and 6 had some good Pokemon but they made a lot of mistakes

I liked Gen 7 (Sun and Moon), but disliked how they removed the data for most Pokemon to put it into the Storage System

Their storage system was a pretty good idea because it has simplified transferring Pokemon so much

I remember in the early days you had to get together with a Friend or Family Member and had to have 2 systems, 2 games, and a transfer cable hanging from one system to the other

Now you just connect to the online server, pay for the transfer service (which BTW is really cheap yearly) deposit them, and then transfer them to a new game, but it's a one way transfer from an Old Generation to a New Generation

They have an opportunity to really make Pokemon truly 3D and take advantage of the big jump from 3DS to the switch

But they are on a Specific schedule, they probably are only given a specific budget, and they are making some really poor choices out of fear that they will be replaced (By Niantic, which made Pokemon Go), I guess is their concern

Sure the quality may have stagnated and reached a peak a while ago, but the franchise is far from dead and makes a lot of money, too much to be treated like it is being treated

Topex

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
Pokémon took a dive imo after BW. I haven't kept up with much after then. I haven't cared for the designs the Pokémon and games took especially in terms of graphics. So whatever they've been doing I personally think they've been doing it "wrong"

Last edited:

Sheepies

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Little
I love Pokemon, but maybe a break is needed.

I don't want to see the franchise milked into the ground, but lately quality has been slipping on their recent games if you ask me.

I doubt Game Freak is completely abandoning Pokemon as it's such a cash cow, but I think it might be a good idea to branch out for a bit with new IPs while shelving Pokemon for a little bit until they get some new ideas.

BabyTyrant

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Pokémon took a dive imo after BW. I haven't kept up with much after then. I haven't cared for the designs the Pokémon and games took especially in terms of graphics. So whatever they've been doing I personally think they've been doing it "wrong"
I never cared for most of the "Remixes" (Fire Red, Leaf Green, Heart Gold, Soul Silver, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire and so on) to me they should have saved that work and put it into entirely new Games

But, when they can put in a little work, take 90% old Data and sell it as a "New Game", of course why wouldnt they?

And yeah in general some/alot of newer Pokemon just aren't as well thought up as old Pokemon or designed very well; not to mention running out of ideas and making many examples of Pokemon based off of the same concept ( much like how certain animals have probably been used as inspiration probably half a dozen times)

I may just skip over Sword and Shield, but idk yet, it depends on how badly they mess up everything I guess (the "no national dex" is only a part of that)

I love Pokemon, but maybe a break is needed.

I don't want to see the franchise milked into the ground, but lately quality has been slipping on their recent games if you ask me.

I doubt Game Freak is completely abandoning Pokemon as it's such a cash cow, but I think it might be a good idea to branch out for a bit with new IPs while shelving Pokemon for a little bit until they get some new ideas.
Of course they aren't giving up on Pokemon

They just dont care about it like they used to, so instead of it being Priority it is being worked on as "Project #2" with their other games being "Project #1" basically they have to make the Pokemon games, but it just isnt that important to them anymore

And the problem is they cant just stop making Pokemon, it's an empire

If the games get stalled, so does the TCG, so does the Cartoon, so does Merchandise

They consistently release new Pokemon stuff on a schedule, and have been keeping to that schedule for years

Last edited:

Savagefoxchild

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer
Pokemon has reached maximum complexity for Game Freak that's why they have a shave off some for sword and shield cuz if they want to upgrade the graphics of the game they have to cut the number of Pokemon
that's why they're looking into other games now they reached the limits of Pokemon