Not open for further replies.

Jossilyn

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Carer
My friend and I had this conversation earlier this year about how when Ash would ride Charizard in the anime and Charizard looked so cool and kick butt. However in reality Charizard is only 5ft 7in. (roughly 170 cm). I am 5'6". This thoroughly ruined my teenage-hood.

Any other Pokemon fans out there a little disappointed in the heights in some of these Pokemon? It really kills my immersion in a game when I remember things like that.

PS. This has nothing to do with the post but my friend and I also thought how cool it would have been that instead of getting a bike, you got a saddle and you could ride a Pokemon based on its size and speed. Yeah it would be ignored once you got fly but a girl can dream can't she? ^^

Wolf3188

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaperfur
Wow, I never really thought of anything like that. I guess this is just another one of the many lies told by the anime, lol.

LilMonkeyAlex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Ash had a habit of coming across rare and unusual versions of pokemon. Like a pikachu that refused to stay in its ball and had more power and energy than all the other pikachu's. Who's to say that his Charizard wasn't one of the largest Charizards in existence. :)

Jossilyn

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Carer
Ash had a habit of coming across rare and unusual versions of pokemon. Like a pikachu that refused to stay in its ball and had more power and energy than all the other pikachu's. Who's to say that his Charizard wasn't one of the largest Charizards in existence. :)

Good point, even worse in my opinion he always let the good ones go! I mean Charizard, Pidgot, and Poliwrath (memory is kinda hazy it might have been a poliwhirl) to name just a few.

---------- Post added at 19:09 ---------- Previous post was at 19:07 ----------

He also has a shiny Noctowl.

I found a shiny hoothoot wayyy back in my gold cartrage but I was so young and didnt know what a shiny was then so I just let him go ;-; . The only other legit shinys Ive found, total, is my shiny gold duck and a shiny absol I found when I was playing my friends cartrage.

SlowBro

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
But remember Ash was only about 4' tall! He was only 10 years old! I was surprised at how grown up he acted at 10 though. o.o

ManicMunchkin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
But remember Ash was only about 4' tall! He was only 10 years old! I was surprised at how grown up he acted at 10 though. o.o

I was surprised that his mother let him WANDER AROUND THE COUNTRY ON HIS OWN!! I mean, what shear negligence!

This thread made me laugh; OP deserves a cookie.

Near

ADISC Moderator
Staff
Role
  1. Babyfur
As much as I wished to be a pokémon trainer as a child, my great childhood disapointment was not geting a letter from Hogswarts on my eleventh birthday. I was honestly disapointed D:

Sent from my iPhone

SlowBro

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
But his mom is a stupid whore! I mean... Delia Ketchum + Sammy Oak = Super Happy Fun Time!

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
My friend and I had this conversation earlier this year about how when Ash would ride Charizard in the anime and Charizard looked so cool and kick butt. However in reality Charizard is only 5ft 7in. (roughly 170 cm). I am 5'6". This thoroughly ruined my teenage-hood.

1. Ash is a what 10 or 11 year old kid. About 4 foot tall.
2. Charizard is 5 feet 7 inches tall when standing and weighs 199.5 pounds.

charizard would be able to fly with ash on his back. Carrying a full grown adult would be hard but given enough training it should be possible.The anime "cheats" and is separated from the games.

Also this can learn fly. Serebii.net Pokédex - #637 Volcarona

Abdljosh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
I was actually always super disappointed in the games. I played the games many times, and sometimes I would play the games at the same rate as the episodes were on TV. But I never got to experience it the same way Ash did. Ever since this, I have never been able to play games based off of movies or TV shows (other than Yu-Gi-Oh, only because I played for the card game, not the role play).

Also, the Saffron City (?) Gym leader was a little girl... I mean to be a Gym leader, how many years of training does that even entail?

DementiasKnight

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Also, the Saffron City (?) Gym leader was a little girl... I mean to be a Gym leader, how many years of training does that even entail?

To be fair, Sabrina was psychic and did show that she could turn people into dolls, making people allow her to lead a gym would be cake in comparison. Also, I don't think you need a certain duration of experience to be a gym leader. I think the way it works is you have to be the best in whatever town the gym is in...or maybe it's like a franchise thing, like Subway, all you do is call up the Pokemon League and tell them you wanna be a gym leader and then mail them a check and you've got the job. *shrug*

B

BabyPandora

As much as I wished to be a pokémon trainer as a child, my great childhood disapointment was not geting a letter from Hogswarts on my eleventh birthday. I was honestly disapointed D:

Sent from my iPhone

I'm the exact same way. But, I figured I would have been accepted to an American wizard school, so I waited patiently ^^

Jossilyn

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Carer
I know. But you think with as many kids at heart that still play their games they would make their heroes taller in the games. Like around 13 or somthing or give you some choice like the Battle Revolution did (Black trainers FTW)

Digit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Well, what really bothers me, is that ash has done all these leagues, beaten all these gyms, seen all these super major rare/legendary pokemon, has a pikachu that can hurt an onyx, and saves the world/town almost daily, yet noone knows who he is.

And above, he still is 10. People in pokemon don't age.

SlowBro

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Charizard can learn fly, too. You trade him over to Pokemon Gold and teach him, then trade him back to R/B/Y.

Random tidbit, I just realized how irrelevant this was. BUT STILL!

Ninikins

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
PS. This has nothing to do with the post but my friend and I also thought how cool it would have been that instead of getting a bike, you got a saddle and you could ride a Pokemon based on its size and speed. Yeah it would be ignored once you got fly but a girl can dream can't she? ^^
I agree with this! It would've been awesome to use before you used fly.

But yeah, I've noticed things like that in pokemon and then I just imagine that they're the prefect size I want them to be an ignore the rules 8D

Abdljosh

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
I know. But you think with as many kids at heart that still play their games they would make their heroes taller in the games. Like around 13 or somthing or give you some choice like the Battle Revolution did (Black trainers FTW)

Aren't the trainers in the new game a little older? I'm talking about black/white versions. I'm not too familiar but I read somewhere that they are teenagers. The Pokemon world is weird and confusing. What do people do after they become adults? How are these 10-year-olds educated? Why is Team Rocket such a lame gang, they obviously live nowhere near East Los Angeles.

Also I guess in all fairness, if a ~200 lb pokemon can fit into ball that a child could hold with one hand, then they have every right to be able to fly and carry others. :p

A

alu

i always thought the games were better than the tv shows ,but half the descriptions in the games failed like i think one pokemon burned 5 times the heat of the suns core.

Ohh well ,we can still belive he's a massive dragon ,even tho the game says hes a 5"10 "im guessing lizard ",not a dragon says the game

SlowBro

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent

Actually, the original idea for the HMs in Pokemon were going to be different. Like, instead of Surf, you got a boat. The developers might have thought of a saddle!

Status
Not open for further replies.