Just your friendly neighborhood baa-by
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
I'll be sure to get it.

Who else is going to be playing? Also if there are friends lists, would you be willing to battle and trade?

I can't wait to see what kind of pokemon are native to my area <3
Living in Texas, I'm hoping for a ponyta.

I am definitely going to be playing!!!

I haven't played Pokemon since the original 151, but I LOVE to hike and bike and swim in the great state of New Hampshire, and when I saw Pokemon go, I knew i had to get it!!!

Went out walking all night with friends looking for pokemon. IT WAS AMAZING!
Probably shouldn't have lol. With me still being in a recovery it really came back to bite me in the butt and now I need to pull out the crutches again. Oops!

Found a really fun hotspot with 4 item spots and 2 gyms near a church. Couldn't beat the gym but it sure was a lot of fun trying. Tried to hunt down a sneaky rapidash but couldn't find it X/

Have you guys gotten a chance to play yet?

I went out pokemon hunting tonight. Got a lot of pokemon. A bunch of eevees and even a pikachu

Lucky! I found a pikachu yesterday but it ran away
Wanted to go out and look for pokemon but the servers have been down since noon for me. Really hope they come back by tomorrow when I leave town to go to the beach. I would LOVE some water pokemon.
The google log in works but all my data is in the pokemon club sign in

I just downloaded it. I can't wait to give it a try. I've been playing Ingress since the beginning so I wonder how many of the portals/hot spots cross over between games.

Yeah spooked my neighbors a little bit when walking around looking for pokemon at 4 am lol

LilTusoul said:
Yeah spooked my neighbors a little bit when walking around looking for pokemon at 4 am lol

Me and a friend did the same last night. We went from 2 pokemon to 33 in a few hours.

My neighborhood is full of Eevees! Also I was on steam with some buddies when a metapod showed up. Since I had my laptop to the side and the phone aimed infront of me while on my bed it appears right on my thigh. My buddy heard me yelling about where the metapod showed up and said "metapod use harden". I am not sure whether to be mad or amused XD

I'm just sitting here with my Windows Phone like..

Curse you all.

KryanAshford said:
Me and a friend did the same last night. We went from 2 pokemon to 33 in a few hours.

Yeah I cought alot in a short time as well. It seems like I get better pokemon at night.

Totally going to download this. But I hope I don't find a dead body. That would be a downer to the max.

skunk053 said:
Totally going to download this. But I hope I don't find a dead body. That would be a downer to the max.

Yeah no I'll pass, that would not be a great experience.

After 3 days of playing I'm realizing that there are way too many players that don't have anything better to do. I can't compete for gyms, period.

It's hard to train when the lowest pokemon you can find on a gym is 700 CP and your absolute best is almost 400. The average of the pokemon seems in the 800s. Yeah... no chance.

The game is also rich get richer, which sucks. If you have high level pokemon you can hold a gym. If you hold a gym without getting kicked out you get free coins. The longest I managed to stay in a gym (out of 40 placements) was 5 minutes, even at ones I thought would be remote.

I think the point of the prestige was supposed to give incentive to place lower level pokemon in the gym to allow more players to help increase prestige, but the free defender bonus coins destroys that incentive. It's been a race to the top since release, and I admit, I've lost.

I think that the game play will need to change or the majority of casual players will lose interest really fast. I know I have. I'll still play a little bit now and then to see if anything improves, until then happy hunting!

The app itself actually tells you to be aware of your surroundings.

Every single time you start it up there's a large text box on the loading screen telling you to always pay attention. And you can play the game without looking at your phone since it vibrates and makes a noise when a Pokemon shows up. So really, it's not the game's fault. It's human error.

As for the crime surrounding the game, that isn't the game's fault either. There will always be bad people out there looking to take advantage of someone distracted whether they be playing Pokemon Go, responding to a text, or simply tying their shoes. Always be ready to defend yourself, pay attention to your surroundings, and never travel alone at night or to sketchy secluded areas and you'll be fine.

Personally, I think Go is a fantastic game. I have never been more motivated to exercise before in my life and always go out hunting with a group of friends near one of our local churches with a large crowd of people who had the same idea.

So far the game is greatly unbalanced......I stand no chance against any of the gyms and I don't have the time to dedicate to the game to make it worth it.

Just started this game today, problem is, I have 0 knowledge on Pokemons and how to train, grow, hatch them or anything, I basically figured out how to capture them but its really hard and pokeballs run out quickly, figured out how to use a pokestop but for the rest, what I do with these creatures now that I have them, nothing seems to be possible without purchasing something, is it another pay to win, we got you, you can capture them but if you wanna do anything with them you need to pay thingy like 99% of free games on mobile.

Sheepies said:
Lucky! I found a pikachu yesterday but it ran away
Wanted to go out and look for pokemon but the servers have been down since noon for me. Really hope they come back by tomorrow when I leave town to go to the beach. I would LOVE some water pokemon.
The google log in works but all my data is in the pokemon club sign in

Lucky, there is a pikachu somewhere in my neighborhood but I can't seem to find him anywhere. I found a ghastly in the parking lot at work today and was excited, also found 3 gyms near it. I almost caught a bulbasaur but he ran away, I was so mad.

Wow, seems many people feel safe to walk at night with a smartphone outside, in my neighborhood it would be very risky to do so, I may have to go to my parents area to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back