Please vote: Do you prefer a Cloth backed or Plastic backed adult disposable diaper ?

Do you prefer a Cloth backed or Plastic backed disposable diaper ?

• Cloth backed

Votes: 38 17.0%
  • Plastic backed

Votes: 185 83.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I use both. for a discreet situation I will use cloth backed as its better than not wearing a diaper at all. But, I like the look and feel of plastic backed better.

Didn't plastic Tenas make a comeback under another name recently?

Jonnythepony said:
I much prefer plastic backed, Abena M4s are awesome. ^u^
That they are, been one of my go to's for awhile now.

I prefer plastic backed, definitely.

How is this even a question Plastic backed all the way, I either wear my cloth a pm or a Perfect backed disposable I have never felt protected in a cloth backed, and I still have several cases of the cloth backed I used to worry all day in because they would always leak.

I will use the cloth backed sometimes, but definitely prefer plastic. I never have crinkle with them because I never wear them without PUL pants over them.

One step further, I wear plastic pants over my plastic backed diaper.

Plastic backed for me. I wear only bambino

Plastic backed for me that it what I grew up with and I love the crinkly sound that they make when you move around.

i chose plastic backed easily because cloth doesnt fasten as tight. but im more curious to those that picked cloth. 21 people have chosen it over plastic but only 2 pople have commented on it that i can see. :/

SnowPrincessLily said:
Didn't plastic Tenas make a comeback under another name recently?

Yes! Tena Slip Original and Tena Slip Active Fit Maxi are the names :D

Cloth Backed. I live with people who respect my privacy, but I am still always paranoid about my roommates being able to hear the plastic crinkle through the wall. I like to wear in my room without any pants on, and if I get a knock on the door, I can throw on some pants to cover it up before opening. If I tried this with plastic, it would be way too noisy, so I'd have to keep it covered all the time. I'm not IC and rarely bedwet, so I have never had any problems with the functionality of a cloth-backed diaper.

Also if I ever want to wear out, I prefer something more discrete. I'd wear plastic if there was no chance of anyone being able to hear it (or if it didn't make me so paranoid), but for my normal use, I prefer cloth-backed.

I will say cloth backed because of the quiet-ness of them and they just feel a lot more comfortable between the legs.

I forgot to vote when I first typed this post but I came back and changed that. XD

Last edited:
80% plastic backed
20% cloth backed

I'd say that the manufacturers switching to cloth are missing a major opportunity!

I tend to wear plastic backed as thats what I am used to and kinda grew up with. I tend to find it is more easy to see how wet they are compared to cloth backs. I do have some for wearing out and about in public.

Plastic backed diapers are the only ones for me I tried the Abena air plus diapers when my bladder issue first started and was looking for a quiet diaper. Once some one recommend the Dry 24/7's I switched to the plastic backed diaper and have been wearing the dry 24/7's since.

I prefer plastic backed

KenworthW900b said:
I voted plastic backed because that is what I wear most often but I cant totally knock cloth backed diapers either, they have their place and I do tend to use them more in the summer because they are cooler. Personally I prefer the diapers that the center is plastic and the wings or side panels are cloth like the molicare comfort super or the tena slip original but those are the only 2 i know of with those features and neither one is very absorbent. Just my 2 cents[/QUOTE

Try Attends Active Slip M10 . Plastic backing with cloth wings.

- - - Updated - - -

Both have their pros ond cons. During summer Tena Flex Maxi and Tena Ultima ( both cloth) are excellent option for travel. Heat is much smaller problem during summer in cloth type During winter for skiing and travel I use Tena Ultima or Tena Flex with plastic pants or Attends Regular M10 and Attends Active Slip M10 (plastic backed). With plastic backed I have slightly bigger security. Cloth have a tendency do sag.

Tape fixation problem is almost not existent with Tena Flex Maxi (cloth backed) or Attends Active slip (plastic). Probably because they are both basically belt type of diapers. Plastic backed are maybe little bit noiser but with with leggins during skiing or with strech underwear ( poly-amid, elasten material) they are well fixated and no noise problem.

Re-seal from cloth backed. Tena flex is have better performance and plastic backed attends Active slip. Regular Tena slip Ultima ( cloth ) or Attends Regular (plastic) have weaker performace for re-seal from first two diapers. High physical activity put pressure on last two.. Duck tape or even better small stapler can do excellent job.
Strech undewear in this case also do excellent job in concealment and fixation.

I'm a fan of plastic-backed - which is ironic given that my usual undies are cloth-backed Abena M3s.

They're just more self-contained - I find that I need to treat my M3s in a similar way to my cloth diapers (i.e. by wearing plastic pants over them to block smell and seepage). Plastic-backed diapers pretty much do all that for me, although plastic pants are still a good safeguard.

I still make sure to have plastic-backed diapers - usually Bambino Bellissimo - for long-haul travel.

Plastic backed. I think the tapes are more secure and I'm more confident with the plastic. They just seem to fit me better too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back