Please form an orderly line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, , Carer
Yesterday at work I was behind the counter watching people queue to see the new Indiana Jones movie 2 1/2 hours before it was schedueled to begin this inspired my pointless question:

What's the longest amount of time you've ever spent in line & what was the queue for?

I spent 24 hours outside of a Toys 'R' Us store for the XBOX 360 launch day. Interesting experience.

Last edited:

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
I don't think anything in this physical world could make me want to waste my time standing in front of a building.

So, probably no longer than 2-3 seconds.

Woollyneck

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Other
Maybe an hour and a half to go on a ride at a water park.

I hate waiting in line. I honestly don't understand why people would wait in line for a day for something they could just walk in and buy a little later. It doesn't make sense to me.

Happy Lurker said:
Are you sure? You've never waited in line at the cashier for a couple minutes in order to buy something? You've never waited in a line to use the port-o-potty at a crowded event?

AshleyAshes

Moderated
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Lemme answer this question in about 9hrs after I've waited in the pre-registration line up at Anime North. :)

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, , Carer
I hate waiting in line. I honestly don't understand why people would wait in line for a day for something they could just walk in and buy a little later. It doesn't make sense to me.
For fun.

Happy Lurker said:
Would 2-3 seconds even be defined as a line?

Lemme answer this question in about 9hrs after I've waited in the pre-registration line up at Anime North. :)
I greatly anticipate your reply yet also sympathise, I've never been to a convention personally, I've heard stories from others about them lines though.

I'm beginning to sound like a line fetishist, it's nothing like that. Really.

*fap*

AshleyAshes

Moderated
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
Well, hopefully having PREregistered it won't be so bad as going threw at the door registration. >_>

However, I have my PSP just incase we're spending hours in line. x.x

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
If any line is, is not moving, and I have to wait over five min. I'm outa there.

I won't stand in a line, I get agrivated at the grocery store or super market, if there is more than 1 or 2 people in front of me, and I hate the people who constantly pay by check, at the super market, you always know they have to dig for the drivers licence, like they didn't think anyone would ask for it.

Role
Incontinent
I don't see any point in waiting in line to buy something you could buy a little later for a better(Read: cheaper) price. I actually just bought a PS3 back in January. The longest I've waited in line was probably 45 minutes to an hour for a ride at Disney. I made the mistake of going when everybosy and their brother was there. Now that I think about it, I waited in line with my mom the day after Thanksgiving to buy a Christmas present for my dad. Probably waited an hour asnd fifteen minutes. Yea, we finally got it home, opened it to make sure everything was there, it wasn't. We bought a DVD player with surround sound. The DVD player wasn't in the box.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
I think my personal record was 1 1/2 hours, although I'm not sure if that was a ride in an amusement park or waiting for tickets to the White House in Washington D.C. (when you still got in there).
I'm a rather impatient person, so the idea of waiting in line for twenty-four hours and pissing myself approximately 15 times in the process sounds completely ridiculous. I'd only do it if I was waiting in line to sign up for being given 1 million Euros in cash no strings attached, but certainly not for some piece of electronic equipment whose price will drop quickly in the following months.

Oh, the most ridiculous line of people I've ever seen was about 50 people lining up to board a tram in Blackpool:

The last person probably had to wait half an hour to finally get on a tram (because most of them arrived jam packed already). In that time, I could have easily walked to the other end of the tram line!
But then, Brits have a peculiar interest in standing in line (and that can't just be a stereotype!).

Peachy

Footed P.J.

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
I think my record is only 1 hour 15 minutes. I went to Columbus Crew Stadium to see the US Women's soccer team vs. Scotland in 2002. Got there a bit early. :( Good turnout, but lopsided 8-2 match.

Aki

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I've waited about an hour and fifteen minutes in line to get into a concert.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
I don't like lines much but if you're waiting with a friend then the wait isn't so bad. Also, it depends on the line. Single-, double-file lines are fine, but when it's the kind of "Let's see how many people we can have side-by-side and still fit in the door" line you see at concerts or amusement park rides, I start to get antsy. I just can't stand being surrounded by people. And there's always the complainers, ("LATER THAT DAY") and the people who think pushing will get them anywhere faster. Nope. It doesn't!

The longest I've waited in a line was probably at California Adventure, and that was like, fifteen minutes to half an hour. Not too bad because I had my iPod and was on the outside of the line :D

TallestBabyEver

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
my record: 4 hours in line for Kingda-Ka at Six Flags. It was a terrible wait and they had to stop the ride twice for some maintenance issues. It was worth it in the end: person in the very front row chickened out at the last second so i got to ride the very front which usually means an extra hour. In the end it was a 30 second ride with only half of it being thrills: the launch and the fall. I love roller coasters though, so it was worth it IMO.

Role
Incontinent
I think my personal record was 1 1/2 hours, although I'm not sure if that was a ride in an amusement park or waiting for tickets to the White House in Washington D.C. (when you still got in there).
Peachy
I've been in the White House. My parents and I got a tour with the wife of one of our congressmen(I think). It was pretty cool. To get tickets now, you have to write your congressman or senator a year in advance or something.

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm beginning to sound like a line fetishist, it's nothing like that. Really.

*fap*
Nope. It's a Brit tredtion that everyone must que up. We are very good at moaning and queing.

Fap?

Oh my...

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Other
the longest was 16 and a 1/2 hours in the front of toys'R'us so my little sister could get a wii. I might add it was below zero and we got like 4 foot of snow that night but i think it was worth it. I wore my hunting stuff anyways and wasn't really cold.

The sad thing was we were like 8 th or 9th in line the people that were in first were there for over 20 hours.:eek:

D

daria7483

I waited for probably about 3 hours outside Barnes and Noble last July when the last Harry Potter book came out. But most of that time was just waiting for them to begin book distribution at midnight. Since I was with friends and we could sit down, it wasn't bad at all. I really hate lines usually.

Izzy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Little
It was cold.
Dreary.
Harvard vs. Yale Game was going on.

Izzy was waiting for a Wii.
18 hours.

There was a giant gangfight in the Mall.
Shots rang.
Izzy scared.

Cold.
Victorious.
Held Wii.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
about 2 hours in line to pre-order then Nintendo Wii at toys r us.

I Guess I really did not need to pre-order the system huh?? Oh Wait...

Dude84

Banned
Role
Adult Baby
But then, Brits have a peculiar interest in standing in line (and that can't just be a stereotype!).

Peachy
Indeed, we seem to have, although I personally hate queueing, and will do everything practical to avoid it:

- Pre-book cinema tickets, even if it means a 50p admin charge
- Book rail tickets in advance, so I can collect them and walk on to the train (whilst laughing at others, who will probably have to rush after queueing to buy them, then stand on the train)
- Make appointments, so I don't have to wait for routine boring stuff (like eye examinations)
- Etc

In terms of what I have queued the most for:

- 10 Hours for the NEXT sale (embarassing, I admit)
- 4 Hours waiting to board Nemesis at Alton Towers when it first opened
- 3.5 Hours waiting to clear US Customs

Although in general waiting/delay terms, i've been inconvienced far more; like the rail journey between Birmingham and Exeter via Bristol, which took a not-so-magical journey via the scenic route, and ended up travelling via Oxford, London, Reading, Swindon, and Salisbury, before returning north to Bristol to travel south to Exeter. I was not impressed, the journey time increased for 2.5 hours to around 7, including delays waiting for paths at places the train shouldn't have even been in the first place.

Or, 37 hours waiting to board a delayed flight from one part of Spain that was then moved to one airport, then to another, and delayed again before eventually taking off. When arriving back in London, another three hours to wait before baggage mysteriously appeared, after apparently being switched with the baggage for a Manchester flight, and having to be flown back to London.

Transportation companies, government departments, and retail generally have this disgusting perception that the British enjoy queueing. We do not!

Status
Not open for further replies.