Plastic Surgery

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
What are your views on plastic surgery? I think it's fine if people do it. If it makes them feel better about themselves, then go for it...And...Yeah >.>

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I don't think its worth it at all. Nothing changes who you are and if your that sallow about looking good well that's about it. How can making something look better make you feel better? If you had a witches nose like one of my friends does then you had it and you already been made fun of for most of your life.Nothing can change what you felt in the past. I say learn to live with it...

Of course if there was some sort of accident like a flesh eating disease like the case of the guy who's half of his face got removed I am all for it. You were not made that way and it was a horrible accident.

Role
Diaper Lover
I don't care about other people, some need it, but for me, I'm keeping my ugly ass face the way it is. :)

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
Personally I think surgery on plastic is immoral and unethical... what did plastic ever do to you?

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I personally would never have plastic surgery. I also think in most cases it makes you uglier than you were before. Being natural is one of the most beautiful things.

Target

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I think, except for particular cases ( for example somebody had a breast cancer or hase some scares on his face) is totally useless.

Why people cannot accept themselves for what they are?

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
My argument against plastic surgery:

Goodnight, everybody!

D

daria7483

LOL at Michael Jackson pic. I don't know...my best friend had her breasts reconstructed because she thought they were abnormally shaped, even though I thought they looked fine (under clothes anyway). And I think she does feel better about them now, so it's helped her. But on the other hand I don't know that anyone else looks at her any differently. So she (well, her very generous aunt) spent several thousand dollars to improve her self esteem? Why did she feel so bad about it in the first place?

Anyway, I can certainly understand it if you lose a breast to cancer, or if you're disfigured for some reason. I can't imagine having a horrible scar on my face and having to go out in public with it and feel people stare at me. But getting surgery just because you don't like the way your nose looks or your face is beginning to get a few wrinkles like everyone else's does as they age is dangerous territory because you head down a road where you can never be satisfied with how you look, and sometimes those surgeries don't turn out like you think they will. Remember that our impression of what a "perfect" human should look like usually comes from celebrities and supermodels, who have makeup artists and personal trainers at their disposal.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I think it's up to the individual, but one should be careful....and I was going to go for the Michael Jackson joke. Darn you Andysetra!!! Remember the SouthPark episode of "Got your nose"? Anyway, MJ is a good example of what not to do. On the other hand, removal of age spots using lasers, and some wrinkling reduction seems reasonable if it makes the person feel better about themselves. But at some point you have to accept that the Grim Reaper gets all of us.

quattrus

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
Speaking of major plastic surgeries, I'd consider things from a scientific point of view, rather than from a psychological one.

A plastic surgery is, first of all, a surgery. And surgery requires an anesthesia, which - in the case of general anesthesia - is like killing you, keeping you alive with machines for some hours, and then resuscitating you, and this is a major shock for the human body. Completely recovering from a general anesthesia can even require a whole year. To this you have to add the shock caused by surgeons ripping you open in the part they have to modify, and sealing you back, like a frankenstein, not counting the definitely unpleasant rejection problems you may have to face after the operation in case you get a prothesis installed.

I'd like to underline how these aren't theorical considerations based on something I think or I've read somewhere. I've personally been multiple times in a surgical room for variuos kind of surgeries, a couple of which were plastic surgeries. Luckily, all of the times I wasn't the patient on the table, but the guy behind the video camera filming the whole thing. And I'd sincerely recommend watching a plastic surgery "live" to anyone who thinks about undergoing one. I saw a woman having her chest ripped open and splattered like in a butcher's shop to add silicone protheses to her boobs. I saw a 40+ y/o man having his d*ck ripped open to be filled with an inflatable protheses. And I swear they would have been capable of living a perfectly healthy life without that surgery.

Now, if surgery is for saving your life from a disease, I wouldn't hesitate a moment to recommend it. But if you have to infert your body such a strike just for an aesthetical purpose.... I'd think twice about it.

Anyone is entitled to do what he wants with his/her own body, but my humble opinion on the matter is that if someone has a psychological issue with him/herself (i.e. not accepting a part of his/her body, or the scars from an accident, or somethin' else), surgery is not the right solution.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I often think about it, I never really liked my looks, and now that I'm older I don't like how I look even more.

If I could look years younger it would make me happy, I don't actully care what other people think I look like, what I look like to me is what I feel is important.

What I can't see is teens getting plastic sergery, they are perfectly nice looking and they want things fixed, because they want to look like some TV or movie star.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
I don't have any real problem with it, but I think people should ask themselves why they want the surgery. It seems like in a lot of cases it's not really about what they're having changed at all, it's almost like they expect that a surgery will suddenly make them a different person.

I don't think it's vain to want to make yourself look better (I myself have had braces, the sole purpose being to make my smile nicer and make my teeth look straight), it just annoys me when people waste money on a quick fix.

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
In my opinion it's a total waste of money. I don't care much for appearances, but I know most of the world does, so I can see how that'd motivate an ugly person to get plastic surgery. I'll never get it, but it's fine if other people want to. It's a hefty cost, but whatever makes them happy.

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Personally no i love who i am and i wouldn't change one thing about me at all

If people feel they need to get plastic surgery to raise there self-esteem that's just blah i mean like.. well i can see of course reconstructive plastic surgery ya know but whatever its there life to live of they feel they need a face lift then at least there dishing out the cash for it .....

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
Given it's going to be a major part of my life as I finally stop ignoring the referral for genital reconstruction that's hanging on my fridge, I guess I can't be against the notion. For some of us, parts of our body's are at odds with the image we have of ourselves. Is it really that different to say "You have the wrong nose" or "the wrong boobs", when you compare to my claim that I'm "the wrong physical gender"? The way I figure it, everything in good taste and moderation; and if it makes you feel better about it - why shouldn't you?~

Status
Not open for further replies.