Plastic Sheet Ripped - Ideas till another one gets here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BabyKat

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent, , Private
Aww...my plastic sheet ripped. I just sat and leaned over on one side on my elbow and it ripped through! I prefer doing as little damage as possible to this bed - I've only had it for a few months now. I just ordered another one online (waterproof sheet)....but it'll take a few days to arrive, and a few more days till I can pick it up at my mailbox. I know it was cheap....but still. Any idea for now....Other than praying for no leaks? LOL. I do have a mattress pad too, but I move so much it doesn't stay in place well, and it really just limiting me waking up in an actual puddle during the night, but still it makes it off there....And it's the worst time for this to be happening too, because things just got worse lately. (they have their ups and downs, but lately it's been on a down for some reason) Now I usually don't leak or even fully wet (just leak a little bit at a time), but 1 night out of 2 weeks may do it. Anyway...long story short, it's nothing major, just wondering what I can do for now. :dunno:

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
lol...
Garbage bag under the hole...
what I used to do.

CarKid

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other, Private
Um, superglue it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
If the hole isn't big, maybe you can try to avoid placing your behind near it while sleeping.

BabyKat

Est. Contributor
Role
If the hole isn't big, maybe you can try to avoid placing your behind near it while sleeping.
Hmm....Actually the problem is it's right in the middle of where I sleep....I thought of turning the bed, but it will just be on the other side of me....the pad moves too much, and the rip is pretty big....it's like a zipper unravelling and the more I lay on the bed, the bigger it gets. I would just flip the bed over, but it's a pillow top and it's just coils and springs designed to be on the bottom....I can't take it off and turn it over either. It would rip more and be impossible to put on again.

Why not just buy one at the store?
The only place I could think of around here is WalMart and Sears...Both are really far, and I pretty-much live at walmart....(not really, but you get the idea)....even though I wear diapers out in public because I have to, it would still be amazingly awkward confronted by some of my friends who work there while I have stuff like that. Yeah, yeah - scaredy-Kat me. :rolleyes: Besides, I did already pay for it already....I didn't think of those places until later. A medical supply store would have them though right?...I still would have to wait until Wednesday for my day off during the week so they'd be open.

Shower curtian liner under the mattress pad.

Nam
Like a shower curtain right? LOL. I could just see my roommates face when shes completely bewildered by it missing. Total WTF? lol. :D :p

Last edited:

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Well you should pick one up from a store as a back up just in case something like this happens again

BabyKat

Est. Contributor
Role
Well you should pick one up from a store as a back up just in case something like this happens again
Okay...Point taken. Definitely a good idea. I'll go to one on Wednesday. A medical supply store has them right?

...Still, I don't want to leave it up to chance...

BabyKat

Est. Contributor
Role
Ducttape...
Thats actually a good idea!....As long it doesn't rip more. It only has to last 3 days at this rate if I go to the store and buy one as soon as I can.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Okay...Point taken. Definitely a good idea. I'll go to one on Wednesday. A medical supply store has them right?

...Still, I don't want to leave it up to chance...

They might...Just buy one from Walmart or something...It doesn't have to be as soon as possible, so you can just wait until you're near somewhere that sells them, since you seem to be far from places

BabyKat

Est. Contributor
Role
They might...Just buy one from Walmart or something...It doesn't have to be as soon as possible, so you can just wait until you're near somewhere that sells them, since you seem to be far from places
...Note the reasons before that I don't want to go to WalMart now though. I am my only relative within 40 mins drive so it's pretty unlikely I'll get to Sears. I really don't go there - and I think this might be the one I got there, and it obviously was cheap. :frown: I'm lucky I live beside restaurants and grocery stores as is....:sad:

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
...Note the reasons before that I don't want to go to WalMart now though. I am my only relative within 40 mins drive so it's pretty unlikely I'll get to Sears. I really don't go there - and I think this might be the one I got there, and it obviously was cheap. :frown: I'm lucky I live beside restaurants and grocery stores as is....:sad:

Well that's only if they were to confront you...Even if they did, so what? If they work there, then you could avoid them, or buy other things and have the sheets at the bottom of the cart/basket...If they're at a register, then use a different one than the one they're at

BabyKat

Est. Contributor
Role
Well that's only if they were to confront you...Even if they did, so what? If they work there, then you could avoid them, or buy other things and have the sheets at the bottom of the cart/basket...If they're at a register, then use a different one than the one they're at
I'm not that strong....:frown: If they confronted me or I even saw them I would die. If I hid it at the bottom I think I'd be fine....but...I dunno - it's just a place I go to more than a medical store I can avoid later. And I wouldn't know anyone there. I'm still not to the I don't care about anything stage for everywhere about everything. It's harder for me to buy a plastic sheet than diapers as odd as it sounds....Because of that enormous stigma with bedwetting, which somehow for whatever reason seems worse....:confused:.

I just have no problem buying from some places....but I'm a scaredy-Kat otherwise. :eek: :frown: ....Even though I wear out and everything.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
Well...Next time you're at Walmart, take a look around to see if your friends are working there...And then you can buy them :D

BabyKat

Est. Contributor
Role
Well...Next time you're at Walmart, take a look around to see if your friends are working there...And then you can buy them :D
Yeah....I'm pretty recognizable here, and people remember me. I do stand out as is....I'm afraid of people I don't really know that I see often too....It's pretty sad really. :frown::frown::frown:

I've been pretty much hiding from everyone the past 8 months ...except for the last 2 I've just started coming out of my shell.

Status
Not open for further replies.