Plastic/Rubber Pants Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtrabulk

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi Everyone,

It's been a long time since I posted. It's good to be back! I have a question about "plastic" pants:

I always read about how you're supposed to "tuck" your plastic pants in. I have no clue what this means, as I'm a bit slow. I have several pair, and wear them often, but does this mean you are supposed to end up with the plastic next to your skin, beneath the diaper?

Thanks in advance,

Xtrabulk

You’ve got it. At least with cloth diapers, tucking the waterproof pant leg and waist openings back underneath the diaper minimizes leakage. This works best with an oversized pant.

Yeah, you'd need something like Leakmaster's high waist plastic pants. I've never tucked my plastic pants and I have very few leaks. I've been wearing the Leakmaster PUL plastic pants and they barely cover my cloth diapers. There isn't enough extra to tuck them over the diaper but I haven't had any leaks unless I really over use my diaper.

Thank you! I guess I assumed correctly. Did you know there are no (at least that I found) useful returns when you Google "how to use plastic pants"? Doesn't the plastic get all hot/sweaty and feel uncomfortable? What about chafing?

The point of tucking is to make sure that no part of the cloth diaper is exposed as any exposed diaper will wick urine to your other clothes.

Any thick diaper in general will feel hot at first. Disposable or cloth. When you wear them 24/7 your body will adapt though.

xtrabulk said:
Thank you! I guess I assumed correctly. Did you know there are no (at least that I found) useful returns when you Google "how to use plastic pants"? Doesn't the plastic get all hot/sweaty and feel uncomfortable? What about chafing?

Like they say everyone is different, but tucking in is not uncomfortable for me.

- - - Updated - - -

BabyDenise said:
The point of tucking is to make sure that no part of the cloth diaper is exposed as any exposed diaper will wick urine to your other clothes.

Believe there’s more to it than covering the diaper. With “tucked in” when one voids any excess wetness reaching an opening is temporarily contained in the channel till it’s hopefully absorbed by the rest of the diaper. Sitting, standing or prone in bed … in my experience “tucking in” minimizes leakage till the cloth is saturated in which case leaks are inevitable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back