• Please go to your preferences page and make sure your "See Mature Topics" setting is set. Setting it to "Yes" means you see the Mature Topics forum (contains political and religious debates). Setting it to "No" means you do not see those threads.

Plastic Pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

cation

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, , Carer
I just ordered some more plastic pants today. Some of the ones I've gotten in the past have broken down quickly like the plastic gets harder and eventually they rip. I ran across some that haven't done that yet. (2 months of about every other day use). Where do you get yours? How do they hold up?

Role
Incontinent
I got mine from Ricky (Thanks :3)

LOL, Oh yeah, I had already forgotten about that Pojo! You're most welcome. To let everyone else know, those I got from a mail order catalog, Harriette Carter's at 3 for 9.99. How are those holding up now?

As for where I normally get mine, I go to AdultClothDiaperCo. . They seem to have the best ones I've ever used. Their "leakmasters" are thicker, and have a much wider crotch for use with cloth diapers. That's one reason I gave those others to you Pojo, the crotch on them wasn't wide enough for my diapers, although they would work perfect on a disposable.

As for them getting brittle and cracking on you Cation, that's from getting any kind of lotion on them, such as baby oil, or even a skin lotion. The oils in that stuff hardens the vinyl or plastic and causes them to become stiff, and when you flex it then, it will crack or tear. I found that out the hard way after ruining 4 or 5 pairs, and at 15.00 each, that's an expensive lesson.

If you're using any lotion, try to only put it in areas you pants don't touch or cover, or just stop using it altogether as I did. Oh, and Desitin and other diaper rash ointments will also do that if it gets on the plastic pants, so be careful there.

Good luck to you, I hope this answers your questions and has helped you out.

Rick

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
LOL, Oh yeah, I had already forgotten about that Pojo! You're most welcome. To let everyone else know, those I got from a mail order catalog, Harriette Carter's at 3 for 9.99. How are those holding up now?
They're still working. I always wear them when I diaper up now :3

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
Most of mine come from Babykins. I have a pair of their midweight vinyl pants and several pair of their waterproof nylon pants that I really like (the lightweight vinyl is too delicate, and splits start to appear within months). They are very durable (some of them are 2-3 years old), and they look/ feel awesome. The nylon pants are noisier than the vinyl by a long shot, but I think it's worth it because they are lighter and more durable if you ask me. I have also ordered plastic pants off of ebay, with varying degrees of success. It's important to know your measurements and the measurements of the pants you want to bid on.

Rubber pants are not my favorite, and the one pair I have spends all of it's time at the back of my closet.

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I like to get mine at plastic-pants.com. They tend to be more expensive, but i just love the color and print selection. The are just like the ones from ACD, so think of it as a ACD custom shop. And the velcro prefolds are AWESOME!

cation

Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, , Carer
There are chemical plasticizers called phthalates (pronounced "thah-lates") that are added to plastics to make them softer and prevent them from becoming brittle and cracking. They're not chemicaly bonded to the plastic so they 'leach' out over time. Phthalates can leach into the air without any help. This leaching process can be accelerated using water that's too hot and something stronger than water can make the plastic brittle much faster and that includes urine.

I've gotten plastic pants from a number of sources and I treat them all the same when cleaning them which is that I don't use anything but water that is a little warmer than room temperature and I don't soak them. Afterwards I put them on a hanger to air dry.

Protex makes a 7mil pant that has lasted the longest for me and I just ordered the new 8mil pants and some regular ones from them. I recommend them for now and am anxious to try the new ones.

Raccoon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur,
Priva, made in China, welded seams, $10/pack of 3, are the spawn of Satan , shipped with auto-destruct activated. Even Fisher Adult and Youth Waterproof Pants who sell the damn things say,
For adult men and women. Soft vinyl pants to wear over a diaper. Very full cut so order by true waist size. 3 to a package. Very thin vinyl so these will not last very long. Usually can be washed 3 or 4 times depending upon usage and how well they are fitted.

Last edited:

thewiseguy7

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Private

As for where I normally get mine, I go to AdultClothDiaperCo. . They seem to have the best ones I've ever used. Their "leakmasters" are thicker, and have a much wider crotch for use with cloth diapers. That's one reason I gave those others to you Pojo, the crotch on them wasn't wide enough for my diapers, although they would work perfect on a disposable.

As for them getting brittle and cracking on you Cation, that's from getting any kind of lotion on them, such as baby oil, or even a skin lotion. The oils in that stuff hardens the vinyl or plastic and causes them to become stiff, and when you flex it then, it will crack or tear. I found that out the hard way after ruining 4 or 5 pairs, and at 15.00 each, that's an expensive lesson.

If you're using any lotion, try to only put it in areas you pants don't touch or cover, or just stop using it altogether as I did. Oh, and Desitin and other diaper rash ointments will also do that if it gets on the plastic pants, so be careful there.

Good luck to you, I hope this answers your questions and has helped you out.

Rick
Just checked that website, there now $7.98 for 3!!! I might get some one day!!!

quattrus

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer

Absolutely what he said. :worshippy:

I've been using plastic pants for a couple of years (I buy mine at airoliver.de and they're pretty good quality imho), and with the previous ones I experienced the same exact hardening and breaking problem. Then, I asked some suggestions about it (http://www.adisc.org/forum/diaper-talk/6869-plastic-pants-skin-cream-dont-go-together-well.html).

Let me just say I've been using the same two pairs of plastic pants since then and they're still like brand new. (thanks Ricky!!)

Apart from putting cream only on the skin that is covered by the diaper, which is the first and most important thing, another good measure you can take is to give a quick wash to the pants with some light soap everytime you change, just enough to avoid any trace of cream remaining on them for too long (liquid hands soap is more than enough, just rinse it carefully afterwards).

PHHS

Moderated
Role
Private
Im just woundering will a plastic sweat suit work the same way as plastic pants?

Role
Incontinent
3 for $10??

Aw ... crap. /me feels ripped off now.
I'm not so sure you would like those though h3g3l, they are made of the thinnest plastic I've seen, more like what a real baby plastic pant would be made from, just bigger. And the crotch width isn't very wide, so if you're wearing a diaper that's very thick, it won't cover it and it will leave gaps around your legs from being stretched over the diaper.

However, if you're only wearing a thin disposable, they should work ok. Ask Pojo how well they fit him. I don't know what he wears, but they didn't work at all for my needs. (I wear thick cloth you know).

Sky

Role
Babyfur
You guys are obviously in the know about plastic pants.

I have never used them, bus as I share a bedroom, and my bro don't know about AB/DL stuff, I was wondering if there are some good, low noise, super smell trapping pants out there that can contain even the most monstrous whiffs!?

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
However, if you're only wearing a thin disposable, they should work ok. Ask Pojo how well they fit him. I don't know what he wears, but they didn't work at all for my needs. (I wear thick cloth you know).

When wearing a few CVS diapers, they work well enough. The crotch area could be bigger, but it seems to do well enough. When sitting, there is a chance it can leak near the bottom of the leg holes, but that's about it. The leg holes aren't that tight on your legs either, so there's chance for leaking there too. I also find that they don't go high enough in the back, so there's a chance they can leak up there if you're laying down or something.

chuck

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent
I like the ones from comco and the thick ones from babykins.

Status
Not open for further replies.