Not open for further replies.

zackiepooh1992

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
i bought two plastic pants from baby pants and both of the starting getting a whole in the side both size large and XL how is this possible?

Puffs

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
well i had 2 plastic pants (1 with buttons and 1 thats just elastic) and the one with buttons lost 1 of the buttons so that kinda sucked... but im guessing either its low quality or you have been near something that made a hole in it?

Tyger

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
Baby pants isn't the best quality, usually they go a little more for looks. I like to get plastic pants from adultclothdiaper.com

oleman72

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
The one's of mine that have failed have been along the welded seam. That's the weakest link on the pants. I got mine from Fetware.

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
i bought two plastic pants from baby pants and both of the starting getting a whole in the side both size large and XL how is this possible?

You haven't said which pants you ended up with, nor have you indicated how long you've worn them or what you've done while wearing them. These are all very relevant details.

Some of the Baby Pants pants are made by Gary Manufacturing, which has a pretty good reputation for quality. I don't get mine from Baby Pants, though, because I like enclosed elastics. I don't think Baby Pants sells any with enclosed elastics, so wicking around the legs will be more of an issue.

I have a pair of the 4-mil (thin) "Comfort Vinyl" pants from Changing Times Diaper Co. These are Gary-made pants, but are one of the few cuts I've found that has leg holes large enough for me (I have a 38" waist and 27" thighs) without going to an insane waist size. I've had these pants for 2-1/2 years now and they're still in great shape, although they maybe see 4-5 hours of serious use per month. That's obviously a big part of what's allowed them to survive as long as they have.

zackiepooh1992

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
You haven't said which pants you ended up with, nor have you indicated how long you've worn them or what you've done while wearing them. These are all very relevant details.

Some of the Baby Pants pants are made by Gary Manufacturing, which has a pretty good reputation for quality. I don't get mine from Baby Pants, though, because I like enclosed elastics. I don't think Baby Pants sells any with enclosed elastics, so wicking around the legs will be more of an issue.

I have a pair of the 4-mil (thin) "Comfort Vinyl" pants from Changing Times Diaper Co. These are Gary-made pants, but are one of the few cuts I've found that has leg holes large enough for me (I have a 38" waist and 27" thighs) without going to an insane waist size. I've had these pants for 2-1/2 years now and they're still in great shape, although they maybe see 4-5 hours of serious use per month. That's obviously a big part of what's allowed them to survive as long as they have.
sorry i have had them about 2 months and only wore them like 4 times to sleep at night

BlueGrey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
I've been using plastic pants from AdultColthDiaper also. I find that they start out very soft and quiet. After about 50 to 60 nights, they have started to become brittle, noisy, and start to crack like you describe. I think that is just the nature of thin plastic.
I was going to try PabyPants, but with this advice, I think I will try ChangingTimes instead.

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
I've been using plastic pants from AdultColthDiaper also. I find that they start out very soft and quiet. After about 50 to 60 nights, they have started to become brittle, noisy, and start to crack like you describe. I think that is just the nature of thin plastic.
I was going to try PabyPants, but with this advice, I think I will try ChangingTimes instead.

I could be wrong, but I believe the AdultClothDiaper plastic pants are made by Gary also, so... Disclaimer!! :)

My first pair of plastic pants was from AdultClothDiaper. They appeared well-made, but I'd naively ordered based on waist size alone, and couldn't get them past my meaty thighs. D'oh! Silly me.

Trevor's question about washing is a good one. I know most plastic pants are doomed if put in the dryer. I machine-wash mine with my cloth diapers, then just shake the water droplets off.

Also, the longevity of vinyl (and many other plastics) varies according to climate / storage conditions. Vinyl pants should be stored in a cool, not-too-dry atmosphere, out of direct sunlight, etc. Fortunately for me, these conditions are easily satisfied in a place like Seattle.

irnub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Not to be a grammar nazi or anything, but those first 4 posts hurt my brain :(

On topic: you described the hole as starting to appear, what does it actually look like? I'd imagine that a hole could appear in plastic a number of different ways, from stretching to cutting to melting to being abraded.

Iamjust2

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Incontinent
I also have 2 pairs of plastic pants one by Gary and the other is the babypants brand name. They both developed rips at the waist seem. I still use them since they are huge and the hole is above my cloth diaper but it sucks. h

Mattew

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer

There's a lot that could cause this. As others have mentioned more information is needed. Do you know what thickness they are? How long have you had them? What kind of clothes are you wearing with them? What kind of things are you doing when you're wearing them? How are you washing them?

For me usually the only time that I wear plastic pants is sometimes at night, and if I wear a diaper on a long car trip. If I'm wearing to bed, I don't have anything sharp, like some pairs of pants have, that could poke through them. When I'm wearing them during the day, I also try to wear a onesie shirt. That helps to protect the plastic pants from anything that might poke them, and also helps to hide the diapers better.

If you are doing a lot of physical activity or moving around a lot, they are going to get wore through quickly, especially if you are wearing something that can poke through them.

I also try to hand wash mine in the bathtub, before I take a shower, and them hang them up to dry. This way they aren't being cycled through the washing machine, or the dryer.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Sometimes if you just have an unraveling thread, or a very small split, you can repair it with a hot glue gun. Between the glue and the heat, you can seal them together. it's worth a try. That said, after awhile, the plastic will deteriorate from the oils in your skin. There's nothing you can do about this.

Some users have turned to PUL plastic pants, as they hold up a lot longer. They can even be washed in the washing machine. They, like all plastic pants, must be air dried. I hang mine on a plastic hanger in my closet. During the winter, they take less than a day to dry.

The only problem I have with the PUL plastic pants is that they aren't high enough in the back to cover cloth diapers while wearing in bed.

Status
Not open for further replies.