Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveTDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I would like to get some plastic pants to put over my disposables. Since I am a side sleeper I tend to leak from the wings. Anyone know of a good place where I can get them for under $10. Most of the sites I've checked want at $15 and up.

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
nicediaper.com gets very mixed reviews in general, but their plastic pants are certainly in your price range. You might look around for reviews. I've never tried any of their stuff.

I like the 4mm "Comfort Regular" pant from changingtimesdiaperco.com.

vivnap

Banned
Role
  1. Incontinent
nicediaper on ebay are good ! their plastic pants, especially the ones by amass are top class and dead cheap. cant fault their service.

Role
  1. Private
A. 10 dollar plastic pants is pretty cheap. You will only find vinyl ones of questionable quality.

B. You need terry lined plastic pants. Plastic Pants are a moisture barrier, nothing more. They are the backing to a cloth diaper. If you wear a pair of plastic pants over a disposable and get any considerable leak all it will do is hold it for a few moments, then leak when there is nothing to absorb the leak.

colt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
i agree with frillyfoxy. i bought a pair of just plain plastic pants (which the kind i got, they measured them wrong) so they are huge, but they are still tight around the leg holes and the waist. though when i have worn them, if i do leak, they will only hold a few drops, everything else will pretty much leak out. not to mention that they rip really easily along the sides where the seams are. if you are going to get a pair of plastic pants, you will want to get a higher end one.

remember, you get what you pay for.

DaveTDL

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
Thanks everyone...I've heard a lot about Leakmasters, which is the way I'm leaning. Anyone have anything to say about them?

Lestat

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
A trick I would do. diaper pad so if it leak. It stays on the Pad or in the diaper.

doubledbbw

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Leakmaster plastic pants are nice but I tend to go with Comco. They have a variety pack of 3 for under $30.00!!!!! Check them out at comcomfg.com . Good luck with your choice and purchase.

carstoncouche

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
It doesn't matter too much what kind of plastic pants you get, as long as they fit. The elastic needs to be snug around your legs and waist, and the waist needs to be high enough to go well over the top of your diaper. AND you need something to soak up your leakage, like a thin cloth diaper, a cloth baby diaper, or even just a couple pairs of tighty-whities. Unless you super-glue the seams to your body, any free-flowing liquid will leak out of even the best plastic pants eventually. You need something to soak up the little bit that leaks out of your "primary diaper", and to hold that liquid inside your plastic pants.

The ideal solution is terry-lined plastic pants, but they are a bit expensive, and you end up with pee-soaked laundry every morning (unlike just plastic pants, which you can get a way with just rinsing or wiping. Babykins has really nice ones Babykins: KINS Terry Lined Waterproof Pants

If you buy cheap plastic pants, you are just wasting money- they will fall apart really quick. I recommend Comco pants. They aren't for everyone- heavy, crinkly, wide elastic, pretty institutional. They are surprisingly comfortable, and incredibly Comco Manufacturing, LLCdurable for plastic pants. For lighter plastic pants that are still good quality and durable, check out Gary Mfg. Their website has PDF catalogs (including the "Novelty" catalog for the kinky set), and a list of vendors Incontinent Wear and Incontinence Products, by Gary Manufacturing.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Thanks everyone...I've heard a lot about Leakmasters, which is the way I'm leaning. Anyone have anything to say about them?

I buy Leakmasters and really like them. They are both soft and tough. I like the fact that they are comfortable. You have to flood the diaper for them to leak.

ICINMICH

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I have 4 pair of plastic pants I got from nicediaper.com from eBay I wear a pair of them every day and a pair everynight. They are 9 months old now I have washed them in the washer and put them through the dryer and they have held up very well. No rips no holes they are the model 2207 and you can get two pair shipped to your door for 17.99

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I just started using the Japanese style plastic pants. They have double elastic at the leg openings and are really easy to put on with a velcro waistband followed by snaps. No fumbling and you can put them on standing up. They are on eBay and the cost is reasonable for what you get.

funseeker

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
The best value and best quality is changingtimesdiaperco.com.
They sell lots of plastic pants from Gary's Mfg. Co. which is just a wholesaler and manufacture.
The better quality ones last a long time so consider it an investment.

pottypanties

Banned
Role
  1. Sissy
  2. Incontinent
I wear cloth diapers and plastic panties 24/7. My first choice is Comco Manufacturing, LLC Their plastics last forever, look good, do not leak and are in expensive. Buy 1 for 12.00, Buy 3 for 31.00 or by 6 for 53.00! They come in a variety of colors. They are now making a sturdy snap on pant in white only . They also have very nice plastic lined rumbas for us sissies as well as diapers and other things. BTW their plastic baby panties last 10 longer than any of Garys!

Eclectic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent

Leakmasters are made by Gary Manufacturing. You'll find a lot of companies selling Gary pants (Changing Times, Fetware, Plasticpants.com, etc.). Recommend either Gary, KINS or Comco vinyl pants, but there are many varieties out there. However, all plastic pants will fall apart after 3 to 12 months if you use them regularly. Like everyone else said, if you are using them over a disposable at night, highly recommend a separate cloth layer, liner or the like. Also, buy one pair at a time and see if you like them. At night, I prefer the no-wick pants with vinyl sewn into the elastic.

PFD

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I like Kins terry-lined pants. These are made more as a pull-on diaper meant for light incontinence than as an overpant to be worn on top of either cloth diapers and plastic pants, or on top of disposable diapers. I have been using them over disposables for perhaps two years, and have never, ever had a leak go beyond these pants. That provides me peace of mind, and keeps everything dry. Granted, leaks are few, but with this addition I have no worries.

Lately I asked Jenny, the owner of Babykins/Kins to make me a pant with a higher rise on the side, to better cover my diapers. She did this, and it's a better pant. With the regular ones the terry could pull up into the diaper and get wet, without the diaper leaking. With the high-rise pants that is not an issue. Granted, these are not so good under clothes, but I like them for around the house and to wear to bed. I'm going to recommend to Jenny that she consider making this a stock product, for those looking for additional protection over their diapers.

daveyy

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I use ones from Nicediaper.com that I bought on eBay. Cheap, effective and comfortable, posted quickly! I wouldn't say anything bad about them!

babababy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I have been using "Lang plastic pants" from Life Styles Emporium for years and like them alot. There a retro 50's babypants.

ninjagrl

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Other
i get mine from baby-pants.com i really like their choices for prints and their options of products (not just the plastic pants)...worth looking at in my opinion! good luck.

Paul_L

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I completey agree with you. I have bought more cheap plastic pants and had them fall apart. I recently bought the terry lined ones from Kins and they are great. Fetware also has flannel lined pants and are good but more expensive just because they sew the flannel around the leg openings to the elastic. Kins does not do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.