Plastic pants

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dlsteven

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I just got my first pair of plastic pants and a cloth diaper. The plastic pants seam a little tight. Does anyone know a good way to stretch them out a little. I figured they will after a while just don't want to wake up in the morning with marks from them.

purchase a larger size. They don't stretch much, they tend to separate along the seam.

Yep, a larger size is the way to go. They are very inexpensive and if you just buy one pair at a time you can try them out for a proper comfortable fit. Many sites have size charts that you can refer to when selecting your purchase.

You want to be somewhere in the middle of the size range given for that particular pair of plastic pants--whatever you buy. No two brands or styles fit exactly the same. I encourage you to read the sizing information for each pair you want to buy and choose carefully as best you can.

I checked the sizing chart and I'm right in the middle of the size. Kinda felt weird buying a medium when I'm normally a large in everything else. For now I'm going to give it a couple days and see how it feels. Luckily I only bought one diaper and one cover so now I know what to stock up on. Thanks for the help guys.

One more question. What fold do you use for a prefold?

They will stretch a little through wearing. Don't wash them with soap. I now just rinse mine very thoroughly in the shower. They'll get hard from contact with oil, and soap is a petroleum product. Of course, the human body is oily so they eventually will get hard, but that should take several months.

I have a 32" waist and I wear small. They are a little tight and leave a line, but it really doesn't bother me, and I know they won't leak unless I really flood my diaper.

If they don't leave somewhat of a line on your legs and waist, they are probably too big and prone to leakage. They should be roomy to get full coverage over the cloth with no edges peeking out.
As I wrote elsewhere, I suggest folding the diaper in a trapezoid to make the best snug fit. This applies to flat or prefold diapers. You can experiment with how far to fold over the front based on your size, and when you get it right, it works quite well.

BlueGrey said:
If they don't leave somewhat of a line on your legs and waist, they are probably too big and prone to leakage. They should be roomy to get full coverage over the cloth with no edges peeking out.
As I wrote elsewhere, I suggest folding the diaper in a trapezoid to make the best snug fit. This applies to flat or prefold diapers. You can experiment with how far to fold over the front based on your size, and when you get it right, it works quite well.

I’m one hundred percent with you on flat cloth and the so called “trapezoid” (newspaper) fold, but differ a bit on pant sizing. As posted in another thread, rather than sizing my pants so that pressure from the elastic seals the openings, I prefer a larger pant where I tuck the loose elastic back under the cloth to form a seal. For me this is more comfortable as well as less prone to leakage.

Whatever, good to know there’s another fan of flat diapers and the trapezoid fold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back