Plastic pants questions

BabyRaptor88

Est. Contributor
Messages
46
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
What are some good clear plastic pants and how effective against leaking are they? I wear size large diapers and I've never worn plastic pants over them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: medfet878

chuck

avatar
Est. Contributor
Messages
1,058
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Haian pull-on ones are very good. They also come in various colors. I wear them over my cloth diapers.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: VanHelsing, Trina, sissybaby34 and 4 others

Cottontail

Silly wabbit!
Est. Contributor
Messages
6,954
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
BabyRaptor88 said:
What are some good clear plastic pants and how effective against leaking are they? I wear size large diapers and I've never worn plastic pants over them.
I assume you're talking about wearing them over disposable diapers, and you're requesting clear because you want to see your diaper.

Plain old plastic pants do their best work over cloth diapers, because pee that ends up in the plastic pants still has a chance to be absorbed--unless the cloth is saturated anyway. When worn over a disposable, they just break the story of your leak into Leak: Part 1 and Leak: Part 2. Once pee leaks out of your diaper into your plastic pants (Part 1), it rolls around until you change or until it escapes through a leg cuff or over the waistband (Part 2). If you're aware of Part 1 happening and you take the opportunity to change ASAP, then great. The plastic pants helped. On the other hand, if wearing plastic pants emboldens you, and you start changing less frequently, Part 2 is going to happen.

If you want serious leak insurance, your best bet will be to get some lightly lined plastic pants--something with a layer of fabric on the inside. This will actually absorb minor leakage from your inner diaper so that it doesn't just roll around looking for an exit. Alternatively, you can wear something minimally absorbent over your diaper and under your plastic pants. Regular underwear is something. Obviously both of these options are going to hide your diaper.

TL;DR: Go for it, but with reasonable expectations.
 
Last edited:
  • Like
Reactions: littlemoosey, Jonnythepony, PuppyMouseMikki and 4 others

Eclectic

Est. Contributor
Messages
1,670
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Incontinent
There is really no reason to wear plastic pants with disposables, unless, as Cottontail suggests, you wear lined pants to catch stray leaks.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Carl2229 and chuck

Mickey

Waddling Mouse w/ASD
Est. Contributor
Messages
1,535
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
I highly recommend a nice set of plastic pants. There are a lot of options, I prefer a thick vinyl plastic pant but a thinner nylon or even pul will work, there are others like peva which are very crinkly. Either option will help for leaks, personally I have more #2 leakage then #1. Smell is another factor, plastic pants will help contain smells as well as a quiet pair will help lower the noise of your diaper as well. I find that lining them with something cloth only leads to them soaking up my sweat, whereas the diaper would do that naturally. If you are leaking wetness often then I would suggest a better diaper.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Cottontail

BabyRaptor88

Est. Contributor
Messages
46
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
Thank
Cottontail said:
I assume you're talking about wearing them over disposable diapers, and you're requesting clear because you want to see your diaper.

Plain old plastic pants do their best work over cloth diapers, because pee that ends up in the plastic pants still has a chance to be absorbed--unless the cloth is saturated anyway. When worn over a disposable, they just break the story of your leak into Leak: Part 1 and Leak: Part 2. Once pee leaks out of your diaper into your plastic pants (Part 1), it rolls around until you change or until it escapes through a leg cuff or over the waistband (Part 2). If you're aware of Part 1 happening and you take the opportunity to change ASAP, then great. The plastic pants helped. On the other hand, if wearing plastic pants emboldens you, and you start changing less frequently, Part 2 is going to happen.

If you want serious leak insurance, your best bet will be to get some lightly lined plastic pants--something with a layer of fabric on the inside. This will actually absorb minor leakage from your inner diaper so that it doesn't just roll around looking for an exit. Alternatively, you can wear something minimally absorbent over your diaper and under your plastic pants. Regular underwear is something. Obviously both of these options are going to hide your diaper.

TL;DR: Go for it, but with reasonable expectations.
Thanks for the info.
 

OldTerry

Est. Contributor
Messages
259
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Always ensure my plastic pants have plastic encased gathers to protect against wicking from my large Terry nappies
 

wearing

Contributor
Messages
169
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
The Haian brand plastic pants, are both inexpensive, and high quality.
Amazon seems to have the best price on them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: OldTerry and chuck

DLmikey

Est. Contributor
Messages
342
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Cottontail said:
I assume you're talking about wearing them over disposable diapers, and you're requesting clear because you want to see your diaper.

Plain old plastic pants do their best work over cloth diapers, because pee that ends up in the plastic pants still has a chance to be absorbed--unless the cloth is saturated anyway. When worn over a disposable, they just break the story of your leak into Leak: Part 1 and Leak: Part 2. Once pee leaks out of your diaper into your plastic pants (Part 1), it rolls around until you change or until it escapes through a leg cuff or over the waistband (Part 2). If you're aware of Part 1 happening and you take the opportunity to change ASAP, then great. The plastic pants helped. On the other hand, if wearing plastic pants emboldens you, and you start changing less frequently, Part 2 is going to happen.

If you want serious leak insurance, your best bet will be to get some lightly lined plastic pants--something with a layer of fabric on the inside. This will actually absorb minor leakage from your inner diaper so that it doesn't just roll around looking for an exit. Alternatively, you can wear something minimally absorbent over your diaper and under your plastic pants. Regular underwear is something. Obviously both of these options are going to hide your diaper.

TL;DR: Go for it, but with reasonable expectations.
That’s exactly why overnight I often wear a pair of boxer briefs over my disposable nappy and inside my plastic pants. Any slight leaks are absorbed into the boxer briefs and contained by the plastic pants. I occasionally have wet pants but always have a dry bed! 😊
 
  • Like
Reactions: satin and Cottontail

Babyjmf

Est. Contributor
Messages
59
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
I use the Haian plastic pants. Yes they are cheapish and if you keep them clean and powdered they last a while before getting to crinckly and hard.
 

KindaOlde

Est. Contributor
Messages
209
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have one pair of Duracool I got from Kleinerts. They work very well. I also got some vinyl ones I bought on the cheap from eBay. They work but don’t allow for ANY air movement. After an 8 hours my pull-up was as wet on the outside as it was on the inside. Good for short periods but not all day at work.
 

DangerKitsune

Est. Contributor
Messages
128
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
If you're not concerned with aesthetics, PUL covers are nice to use with disposables, as I've found they help with minor leaks (no plastic pant is going to stop a large scale leak from a disposable as stated previously)

I prefer GaryWear myself, as they help to hold the diaper snug to the body and as previously stated help with minor leaks
https://www.amazon.com/GaryWear-Act...=p_85:2470955011&rnid=2470954011&rps=1&sr=8-7

These do also have the side effect of quieting the crinkle, something that could be a dealbreaker if the crinkle is part of the fun for you. Bonus points that PUL is machine washable/dryable.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Angelapinks

ILuvDiapers

Est. Contributor
Messages
197
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I like GaryWear, they are a little more expensive than cheaper options, but in my opinion worth it. I am diapered 24/7 and wear a pair of plastic pants over an ABDL diaper with GaryWear my number 1 choice. :giggle::)(y)
 
  • Like
Reactions: Angelapinks

Angelapinks

Contributor
Messages
1,479
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
Cottontail said:
I assume you're talking about wearing them over disposable diapers, and you're requesting clear because you want to see your diaper.

Plain old plastic pants do their best work over cloth diapers, because pee that ends up in the plastic pants still has a chance to be absorbed--unless the cloth is saturated anyway. When worn over a disposable, they just break the story of your leak into Leak: Part 1 and Leak: Part 2. Once pee leaks out of your diaper into your plastic pants (Part 1), it rolls around until you change or until it escapes through a leg cuff or over the waistband (Part 2). If you're aware of Part 1 happening and you take the opportunity to change ASAP, then great. The plastic pants helped. On the other hand, if wearing plastic pants emboldens you, and you start changing less frequently, Part 2 is going to happen.

If you want serious leak insurance, your best bet will be to get some lightly lined plastic pants--something with a layer of fabric on the inside. This will actually absorb minor leakage from your inner diaper so that it doesn't just roll around looking for an exit. Alternatively, you can wear something minimally absorbent over your diaper and under your plastic pants. Regular underwear is something. Obviously both of these options are going to hide your diaper.

TL;DR: Go for it, but with reasonable expectations.
For long time use while wearing a Pull Up, I will wear my flannel lined plastic pants to contain any possible leaks and extend my stay away from the house by at least another hour.
 
  • Like
Reactions: ILuvDiapers

MaxSyd

Est. Contributor
Messages
38
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
My favourite go to plastic pants is the euroflex.
I have a few pairs that I use daily.
I just machine wash them and do the naughty thing of putting them in the dryer! I have had the last few for over 2 years and they are still going strong! No leaks and the plastic is still just as smooth as when I got them.

Every other brand that I have tried always get cracks in the plastic after a few months of continuous usage even when hand washing and air drying them.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Angelapinks and ILuvDiapers

chuck

avatar
Est. Contributor
Messages
1,058
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
MaxSyd said:
My favourite go to plastic pants is the euroflex.
I have a few pairs that I use daily.
I just machine wash them and do the naughty thing of putting them in the dryer! I have had the last few for over 2 years and they are still going strong! No leaks and the plastic is still just as smooth as when I got them.

Every other brand that I have tried always get cracks in the plastic after a few months of continuous usage even when hand washing and air drying them.
I wash mine in the washer gentle cycle then put several of them in the dryer with 4 bath towels and low heat for 10 minutes. they come out fine.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MaxSyd, Angelapinks and ILuvDiapers

Angelapinks

Contributor
Messages
1,479
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
MaxSyd said:
My favourite go to plastic pants is the euroflex.
I have a few pairs that I use daily.
I just machine wash them and do the naughty thing of putting them in the dryer! I have had the last few for over 2 years and they are still going strong! No leaks and the plastic is still just as smooth as when I got them.

Every other brand that I have tried always get cracks in the plastic after a few months of continuous usage even when hand washing and air drying them.
Where did you buy the euroflex pants please.
 

vp39

Est. Contributor
Messages
140
Role
  1. Other
Angelapinks said:
Where did you buy the euroflex pants please.
Fetware has them, and also Protex...Protex calls them "Flexi-pant". I just looked at their website, and they don't actually say they're the euroflex polyurethane, but I have a pair, and they are. Another source is plastic-pants.com.
 
  • Love
Reactions: Angelapinks

MaxSyd

Est. Contributor
Messages
38
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Angelapinks said:
Where did you buy the euroflex pants please.
I'm in Australia and get them from down under care or littles down under. I think they might do international shipping but depends on where you live. @vp39 has some good information in the previous post.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Angelapinks

Angelapinks

Contributor
Messages
1,479
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent
MaxSyd said:
I'm in Australia and get them from down under care or littles down under. I think they might do international shipping but depends on where you live. @vp39 has some good information in the previous post.
I am in Southern Ontario, Canada. Near Niagara Falls.
 
  • Like
Reactions: MaxSyd
Top